• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Air Traders' Voyage

Bozzers

@CrazyWizard Not my path. If I have "fun" and can win nothing, there's no point in wasting my resources. If there is nothing to win, I can spend my time playing much more fun games than worthless event in Elvenar (there is still something worth for me to play this event, but far, far from the best event in 2 years). In the past, I have skipped two or three of the quest lines on live since the reward was worthless to me, so I chose not to waste my time and resources doing it.

I've been simply playing Elvenar for too long to simply enjoy the game or event itself without getting something what helps my city to get better (and in my main city also what helps me to move to a higher ranks).
So for me the main thing in event is what I can get from it.
@Bozzers I can assure you, no one have any problem playing with me in three worlds I play.
I get it, your and my opinions of this event are simply made from incompatible perspectives.
@Bozzers I can assure you, no one have any problem playing with me in three worlds I play.
I get it, your and my opinions of this event are simply made from incompatible perspectives.
SO SAD

UlyssesBlue

It's nice to see set buildings back again as a grand prize, and I quite like the new event mechanics. This particular set building doesn't appeal to me as it gives tier 2, which I have a lot of, but that's the only issue I have. Just means I focus on daily prizes instead, which is a perfectly acceptable option in my opinion.

Lovec Krys

Seems, that I'll not exchange my mana buildings here on beta.
Today's Human ship has worse mana per hour per tile production than my Burning Pools & Mana eggs from previous chapter.

CrazyWizard

Seems, that I'll not exchange my mana buildings here on beta.
Today's Human ship has worse mana per hour per tile production than my Burning Pools & Mana eggs from previous chapter.

I donn't know what chapter you are in, but

2 * 2700 (burning pool woodelves chapter < 1 * 5700 (human ship sorceres chapter)

It ain't a massive increasement but it's still better, size of both buildings is 4x3, and culture is a lot better, almost tripple that of burning pool

Lovec Krys

Embassies.

Elvenar's Burning Pool 1050 mana/h, 12 tiles = 87,5 mana per hour per tile (12600/12h) (24h = 25200)
Elvenar's Burning Egg 1333 mana/h, 16 tiles = 83,3125 mana per hour per tile (64000/48h)
Embassies' Human Ship 875 mana/h, 12 tiles = 72,91667 mana per hour per tile (21000/24h)

CrazyWizard

Embassies.

Elvenar's Burning Pool 1050 mana/h, 12 tiles = 87,5 mana per hour per tile (12600/12h) (24h = 25200)
Elvenar's Burning Egg 1333 mana/h, 16 tiles = 83,3125 mana per hour per tile (64000/48h)
Embassies' Human Ship 875 mana/h, 12 tiles = 72,91667 mana per hour per tile (21000/24h)

Ah thats because for some creepy reason they seem to have decided that event buildings get a crappy boost from elvenar to embassies chapter, from 1700 to 300 boost between chapters for the burning pool and 2500 vs 1000 for the ship.
In every other chapter your experience is invalid.

Guess the "reason", "to fase out old event buildings" was a false statement since they seem to do exactly the same with the new buildings.
And if the new event buildings get exactly the same treatment as old event buildings the status quo keeps existing.

edit: guess I did remember it wrong, the quote referred to no increase at all, while we still get a crappy increase.
I wish we would get an explanation why the improvement from elvenar to embassies is so lackluster.

The chapter itself is already lackluster, but now also event buildings improvements kinda suck balls.

Last edited:

Jackluyt

There is just one quest in an otherwise-perfect quest set that could be improved:

96. Complete 1 Province

There are a small number of players who have no more provinces left to explore / complete. It would be nice to add ‘or Gain 30 Vision Vapor’ to this one. I wonder if they could change it in the version that just opened in the Live Worlds?

Dony

King of Bugs
There is no a single point to change that, 1 province per 1 month is so ridiculously small amount that everyone can do it

Jackluyt

There is no a single point to change that, 1 province per 1 month is so ridiculously small amount that everyone can do it

If you are Orc-locked in Fairies chapter there is no way to complete a province without spending Diamonds - and that should not be needed to progress in the Event. There is no official warning in-game about over-scouting, nor is there one in Wiki. So one cannot blame players for going further on the Map than they ought to.
:)

Last edited:

Dony

King of Bugs
This is known for how many years now? 4? This players knew about it and decided to do so and now they take all the consequences with it.

Jackluyt

This is known for how many years now? 4? This players knew about it and decided to do so and now they take all the consequences with it.

This is a silly, unsympathetic comment. There are players who joined the game six months ago and are over-scouted in Fairies. No one has ever told them about over-scouting; there is no warning or alert notice anywhere in the game or in Wiki. Lots of newcomers have never heard of over-scouting.
I work with dozens of players like this in my Facebook group.
That is why I suggested the change.

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

This is a silly, unsympathetic comment. There are players who joined the game six months ago and are over-scouted in Fairies. No one has ever told them about over-scouting; there is no warning or alert notice anywhere in the game or in Wiki. Lots of newcomers have never heard of over-scouting.
I work with dozens of players like this in my Facebook group.
That is why I suggested the change.

If we adjust the game for every single exception in game, there would be no game. there is always someone somewhere who get screwed.
1 province is more than fair, after several events you should know the drill.

Jackluyt

If we adjust the game for every single exception in game, there would be no game. there is always someone somewhere who get screwed.
1 province is more than fair, after several events you should know the drill.

Another unhelpful unsympathetic 'answer'.
I think people are not understanding that I am not bitching and moaning - I am merely communicating what I consider a helpful suggestion based on problems a few of my players have reported to me - that their event has come to an insoluble end at quest #96.

There was a time about a year ago when every event was marred by 'game stoppers' - quests that asked players to do things that were either impossible, or which forced them to change their play style unacceptably. As a result of player feedback, this kind of quest no longer appears - the current quest set is in my opinion the fairest, most do-able that we have ever had - and the designers have my congratulations for producing such a user-friendly set of quests.
Except #96 which I believe needs an alternative - the way the other 'problem quests' now have alternatives.

Marindor

Hi guys,

About that quest: The feedback is (as always) forwarded for consideration, so it's up to our game team now to see if it would indeed need adjustment at this time or if it's OK like this. Let's not attack each other personally. Other answers/views are not 'unsympathetic' or 'unhelpful', they merely represent a different opinion, which is fine. It's with our game team at the moment, so let's move away from that subject for now.

UlyssesBlue

If anyone makes a nifty graphic that shows what is good for what, please share with me!!

For anyone wanting to know what chests are best for their preferred strategy, I have put together this image, which is based off the data posted on ElvenGems. I hope people find it useful. Please feel free to share it wherever.
airtraders-chests.jpg

Deleted User - 91892

The good thing about set (even though it´s not much better compared to previous evo buildings) is that I can put it back to inventory. If somewhere in the future I find some place in my city, I won´t have any problem placing it there for a while, because I know, that I can whenever undo that step. This is not the case with evo buildings - rather than placing them for few weeks I will keep them in inventory forever as an album sticker. I think here was already a discussion about how complicated it would be to make evo buildings teleportable, but in my opinion it would be definitely worth that work.
To place evo building to inventory could not be complicated if it would be placed as basic building (stage 1) plus appropriate numbet of relevant artifacts. It would not even change the data model of inventory.

Dony

King of Bugs
To place evo building to inventory could not be complicated if it would be placed as basic building (stage 1) plus appropriate numbet of relevant artifacts. It would not even change the data model of inventory.
that would be great opportunity for abusing game mechanics
as an example, new chapter arives, you need tons of sentient goods, so you place fire phoenix into inventory, place storm phoenix and level it up to 10 to produce insane amount of goods, after you are done with it, you transfer it back to inventory and level your fire again.
which would take any challenge for new chapter away which is exactly what devs dont want to happen