• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Air Traders' Voyage

iDavis

The good thing about set (even though it´s not much better compared to previous evo buildings) is that I can put it back to inventory. If somewhere in the future I find some place in my city, I won´t have any problem placing it there for a while, because I know, that I can whenever undo that step. This is not the case with evo buildings - rather than placing them for few weeks I will keep them in inventory forever as an album sticker. I think here was already a discussion about how complicated it would be to make evo buildings teleportable, but in my opinion it would be definitely worth that work.

SeekerElora

I've completed a few quests and must say I'm very happy with this event so far. I like the fixed questline with certain rewards from last time, the return of the chests, and then the graphics are just so pretty. I haven't compared the event prizes to my existing culture builds, but they look pretty normal to me. Once I've gotten a few of the daily/grand prizes I may update this, but so far, fantastic event!

Egwene al Vere

I think its an unfair event after the May event we just had. Its asking for encounters again when we already had to do so many of them in the May event. Please come up with something different like gaining supplies or goods or even scouting. Not more encounters please. Its already difficult enough to pass the very hard provinces. when you've run out of resources and troops, and you cant complete research because of it.

Jackluyt

These are the rotating chests in the Air Trader event

If anyone makes a nifty graphic that shows what is good for what, please share with me!!

100598781_10216848788192630_167757638715572224_o.jpg

Arthus

Once again: This is Beta, things can change every day here, so we don't talk about things prematurely. You'll find such stuff out in due time.

Thank you. We will ask our managers on live then.

Last edited:

Potvorisko

I dont really mind, if set is huge, but I expect proper bonuses and this one is just useless. Because if it would be good, we would certainly find some place for it, but since it is huge and weak...I can spare this place for somenthing better ;)

Otherwise, the event looks great, I like the mechanics and so on so far.

Lovec Krys

Ok, for Embassies chapter, set produces 23010 T2 over 24hrs(well, actualy less, since I counted the 48h building as 24h, that makes it even worse).
That's 2876 T2/3h on 42 tiles.
1! of my T2 manufactories produces 5012 T2/3h on 20 tiles (40 if you count the magic residence as well).

Are you having fun with making these joke parameters?

Are you going to give us a 20x20 main prize which gives 1KP over 48h and nothing else for christmas? (that's where you're heading)

chris0707070707

Who has the space for this building set?
As for the set of buildings, far too large
I disagree. The set is ok, you just have to use your imagination, be creative and think positive :)
I'm going to place only 3 out of 5 set elements in my city. Harbor market (3x3) and Food Stand (3x3) produce coins/supplies and I see no point in placing them in my city. The three I'm going to build are:

Main docks (4x3) - 6240 T2/24h, 10900 culture
Trading Docks (2x3) - 5850 T2/24h, 5400 culture
Repair Docks (2x3) - 5850 T2h/24, 5400 culture

Please notice that with those 3 buildings you get full bonus for T2 production, the other 2 buildings are not necessary for that purpose.
Those 3 also have the highest culture stats. You can place those 3 buildings in a perfect rectangle (4x6 squares), so there should be no problem finding a place for that "mini set".
Statistics for Chapter XVI:
Size: 24 squares (4x6)
T2 production/24h: 17940
Culture: 21700

These are pretty good statistics in my opinion. No comparison to Kirit/Krarak set, but still quite decent.
In Chapter 16 I get more boosted T2 from 1 factory
You definitely don't. Comparing that mini set's efficiency to manufactories, one has to take into account, that you need to allocate additional space for population/culture in order to place a manufactory in your city. Usually it would be additional 45-50 squares for a 5x5 manufactory. Your manufactory would have to produce over 50k T2/24h for it to be more efficient than those 3 buildings (I didn't even take into account over 21k culture they provide). The conclusion is, this set is not as bad as it looks like. It's quite the opposite in my opinion, actually it's pretty good :)

chris0707070707

@Lovec Krys, I would rather describe my expectations as realistic, not low.
1! of my T2 manufactories produces 5012 T2/3h on 20 tiles (40 if you count the magic residence as well).
...and your magic residence and manufactory both require culture (9300 altogether), which requires additional space for culture buildings (6 squares).

Your manufactory:
Production/square/24h = 5012 x 6 (a realistic assumption) / 46 = 654

Mini set (3 buildings):
Production/square/24h = 17940 / 24 = 747

Mini set provides us with 21700 additional culture, which I didn't even include in these calculations (although I should have).

Garbage, you say ? ;)

Lovec Krys

@chris0707070707 I calculated the whole set, the mini set means like 60% of the set size. So yes, the whole set is still a garbage.
My only pure cultural building is the Watchtower Ruins wonder, everything else I have built for other reason and culture it provides is just a bonus (so for me with my wonder level 2,5 - 3 tiles max instead of 6).
But still, the T2 manu is 3 chapters old, after researching and upgrading it will still be better than the miniset.
But even before that, your miniset can only work for someone who doesn't care about points. Everyone who cares, would rather build an additional manufactory and get both the production as well as all the points it provides. So for anyone who cares about points, the building/set must produce enough goods (or other needed resource) to justify the lost of points.
But enjoy the miniset, next time they can lower the parameters to the point, when you will join the "we call it garbage" group.

CrazyWizard

@Lovec Krys, I would rather describe my expectations as realistic, not low.

...and your magic residence and manufactory both require culture (9300 altogether), which requires additional space for culture buildings (6 squares).

Your manufactory:
Production/square/24h = 5012 x 6 (a realistic assumption) / 46 = 654

Mini set (3 buildings):
Production/square/24h = 17940 / 24 = 747

Mini set provides us with 21700 additional culture, which I didn't even include in these calculations (although I should have).

Garbage, you say ? ;)

You are right that in this sense it is better than, and in the old days thats how I calculated stuff.
But it's only good as long as you are in need for culture, and if you temporily stuff a manufactory in your invent.
It's not a long term solution, and it ain't great, it does not give you a decently good performance bump, just a marginally one. (at least for an active player) for a twice a day login it might be a good set.

Since I have older buildings and already to much of them I'm not even looking at these new buildings. they just arent made for me.

edeba

For me, the time instants in the chests was highly attractive and was the difference between deciding to support an event or not. The current offering is utterly lacking appeal or inspiration for myself, although I do like having a daily prize to win, how I would rate military instants would be vastly behind time instants, behind kp, behind coin instants, behind supply instants, ahead of rune shards and inspiring meditation... This change took away from the cream and replaced with dregs.

edeba

I do not like that I can not store evolving buildings... I do not like that I can not polish for culture on the ones that have other effects. I hope they show up for neighborly help behind anything that is polished. Does anyone know how the rotation for neighborly help works wrt to buildings that you cannot polish compared to ones that you can?

The good thing about set (even though it´s not much better compared to previous evo buildings) is that I can put it back to inventory. If somewhere in the future I find some place in my city, I won´t have any problem placing it there for a while, because I know, that I can whenever undo that step. This is not the case with evo buildings - rather than placing them for few weeks I will keep them in inventory forever as an album sticker. I think here was already a discussion about how complicated it would be to make evo buildings teleportable, but in my opinion it would be definitely worth that work.