• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion The Air Traders' Voyage

Enevhar Aldarion

im playing a bit more than 1 year, my first event was phoenix, so no idea what was 3 years ago :) but i enjoyed endless quests a lot, cause then was possible to win lots with some strategy and without spending money. i dont mind difficult. i mind if it is possible. and if it is worth

Yes, the Phoenix event from 2019 was the very first event with the evolving buildings. Before that, we had a couple of years with building sets as the grand prizes, like we had this month. Some of those were easy and some were harder to get the full set. And before that was the terrible, almost impossible to get, three grand prize version of events.

DeletedUser2526

I remember those.. UGH..i almost quit playing cuz i was not able to do any

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion You forget one detail about the sets: They had much better stats than the current one. And 1 Winter set was composed from daily rewards, so you could have multiple buildings from the same set (kind of like Spire set now, but with limited time only).

Enevhar Aldarion

@Enevhar Aldarion You forget one detail about the sets: They had much better stats than the current one. And 1 Winter set was composed from daily rewards, so you could have multiple buildings from the same set (kind of like Spire set now, but with limited time only).

Which is why I said some sets were easier and some were harder to get. That winter set annoyed me on the US server. I only got three of the five pieces, even though I tried at least 10 times each on the two I did not get, so no frost-carved Christmas tree for me, even though other players got many of it and had tons of mana for several chapters after.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion Depends what you wanted from that set. I wanted mana, so I was focusing on 3 of the set buildings (full mana and goods bonus, I just don't get the 2 KPs by having only 3 of 5 building types). This set is still in my main city despite Embassies cap nerf (2 trees (originaly was 4, I deleted 2 some time ago) + 2 Wheels + 2 fairs for mana + T3 + T2).

DeletedUser3289

It's another theater event, and it's called The Sorcerers Pilgrimage
What does it give. Evolving building? And id love if it gives 1 pet food every 24 hours

And btw since Inno has nerfed buildings due to high event frequency, I’d like if they make 1 tile evolving buildings. So space restrictions due to loads of nerfed buildings is lifted.

And probably a one time slider to select between population or culture?

Karvest

Since it gives main barracks mages - it would be useless for elves... and due to other bonuses (some tiny supplies + some mana/t3) may be useless for humans too...

Arthus

There's discussion on other forums about lack of wishing wells in events.
I think beta should too. This becomes worrying.

Since it gives main barracks mages - it would be useless for elves... and due to other bonuses (some tiny supplies + some mana/t3) may be useless for humans too...

I wrote to Marindor about this but there's lack of will to discuss.
They will release it with basic units, screwing elven players in favor of human players it seems.
They should at least give banshees if not princesses. But not normal units that are different and much worse in case of elves.

Dony

King of Bugs
I hope wishing wells will never return as daily prize in events, that completly ruined whole event for many players, i could live with being a grand prize here and there or as a reward in FA

Arthus

My whole fellowship doesn't care about event because of lack of wishing wells so you know... ^^
It depends. It should be main reward in my opinion. Not daily but main, surely.

Enevhar Aldarion

I hope wishing wells will never return as daily prize in events, that completly ruined whole event for many players, i could live with being a grand prize here and there or as a reward in FA

I don't know if it ruined events, but I am sure it ruined Inno's profit, at least some. Sure, a lot of players who made the wishing well farms in extra cities in countries with more than one server were not spending money anyway, but there were probably a lot of other players who would normally spend money, but did not have to, because of all the wishing wells. I only have one city on a Live server in the US and I put out 15 wells at a time and still have 10 more in my inventory, waiting for me to finish chapter 16.

But I started playing before wishing wells existed, even the one that only gave 10 diamonds, and I enjoy playing the game, even all the events. I finished every single one, even if I only use a couple of event buildings from each. If wells never came back, it would not bother me.

CrazyWizard

To a certain extend they did ruin events, as for many aquiring wishing wells was the only thing left they did, every other building wasn't even considered.

Events are made for fun and to entice players to spend some money for more prizes, spending more money on money(wells) doesn't make much sense since they gave less back than the cost in aditional event currency.

@Arthus
If you only play events for "wishing wells" and arent intrested in anything else, then the events aren't made for you, and you arent there target.
There target is both fun and making money. and neither has your interest.

Lovec Krys

I just wonder who spends money on current events with such garbage prizes.
Removing WW doesn't give them more money from events, giving better main prizes does.

Enevhar Aldarion

I just wonder who spends money on current events with such garbage prizes.
Removing WW doesn't give them more money from events, giving better main prizes does.

Removing the wells means, instead of a bunch of free diamonds, players have to buy diamonds for parts of the game outside the events. Without the wells, it is much harder to save up free diamonds for expansions or builder and MA upgrades. Or even to buy the premium culture buildings. I am sure some players still do that. The game also has gotten better at tricking new players into thinking they have to spend diamonds when they do not have enough of a good to build or upgrade a building or finish a research. I see new players asking about this all the time on the Facebook pages.

Enevhar Aldarion

@Enevhar Aldarion I'm not contradicting your last statement, just saying that events themself won't bring them more money if they don't give some decent prices instead of garbage we are currently getting.

I understand. And I while I have spent some money on bonus diamond offers over the past year, I have not spent any money specifically because of an event during that time. I think the last time I spent money specifically on event currency deals was during last year's Phoenix event, when evolving buildings were first added to the game. I know I bought those deals in previous events. The only reason I got the Jester's Tavern was because I bought the special deal that is normally offered on the final day of an event.

Marindor

I wrote to Marindor about this but there's lack of will to discuss.
They will release it with basic units, screwing elven players in favor of human players it seems.

I would appreciate it if you would not twist my words and, as requested before, if you wouldn't post your interpretation of something as if it were a fact. "Lack of will" is your own interpretation. What I told you, is that a lot of things are considered for the game, that we will not be able to discuss every single idea with you upfront, that we have our team of Game Designers to work out ideas and new features and that we will share things publicly when we think the time is right for that. That was by the way my response to your question about whether we were considering race settlements like in FOE and also had nothing to do with the subject that was raised here, so I don't know how you put those 2 together, but please, once again: stick to the facts, let people speak for themselves and don't twist someone else's words and/or place them in an entirely different context. Thank you.