• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Thank you all for 2018 and Happy New Year!

Marindor

Hi everyone!

As it's the last day of the year, I always like to look back at the past 12 months to see what's happened in a year's time on Elvenar Beta. Let's recap 2018 together and celebrate our achievements!

January
The year started with Robert Redbeard's Questline Event, consisting of 2 parts (remember that?). Both parts offered their own Reward Building. On January 18th, we introduced the Elementals as a new Guest Race and with them, the new game mechanics around Sentient Goods.

February
The Valentine's Questline Event this year, was centered around Burukbrak and Gaelagil again, with a succession on their previous tale. This month, we also celebrated @Dony , our first Beta tester who reported over 100 valid bugs, by introducing the "King of Bugs" Forum Title. Some other Beta players are also on track to earn this title shortly, by the way! ;) The introduction of game version 1.48 wasn't as smooth as we'd hoped, but fortunately, all the big bugs were resolved pretty quickly. An improvement we made this month, was the possibility to skip Storyline Quests once you enter a new Chapter.

March
In March, we introduced our first big ingame event of the year, "The Phoenix Cult". By searching for eggs and completing quests to gain Sky Essence, you were able to acquire the 5 set buildings that came with this event. We also started a survey to ask your opinions for a new, community based reward building (about which you will hear more shortly). In response to player feedback, the banner in Fellowship Adventures got a countdown timer and Knowledge Points in end-of-tournament rewards got replaced by KP Instants. Also, the Runeshard list got an overhaul. This month, Foaly left our Moderator Team.

April
April was relatively quiet, event-wise. The Walpurgis Night QLE ran, introducing the story of a Festival of Witches. This month the Ancient Wonder rewards were also changed to KP Instants. In terms of events, it may have been a quiet month, but in terms of event buildings, it certainly wasn't. All event buildings got a major rebalancing, in preparation for the introduction of the Royal Restoration Spell. Due to these changes, some players lost a lot of population however and after all the feedback, we decided to compensate for this by granting everyone a free Magic Residence (which took place in May). LiamAird left our Game Moderator's team in April.

May
In May, the compensation for the Event Building Rebalancing was done. This month we introduced a Mobile Only QLE called "Crash and the Undead" and we started to run Beta tests for a new Chat Server. Of course, as all companies, we too had to adjust to the new European privacy rules so behind the scenes, we were pretty much busy with adjusting everything to be in line with these new regulations. We ended the month with the "Days of Music" QLE

June
June was mainly centered around the "Woodelvenstock" Summer Event, which got praised for its nice graphics, and of course around the introduction of HTML5, to prepare ourselves for the post-Flash era. We also introduced Ancient Wonders in our mobile app. This month, Alyndra joined our team of Game Moderators.

July
In July, we shared some upcoming info around the Royal Restoration Spell and the Fellowship Chat. Other than that, the Woodelvenstock Event was still running. The Trader and some of the ingame screens got polished. Also, a lot of bugs around HTML5 got fixed. Tajanstvena left our team of QA Moderators.

August
At the start of August, our latest Guest Race, the Amuni, got introduced. They brought a new Tier of Sentient Goods with them, and the new game mechanics around Prestige. On the 15th, the Tale of the Wandering Moon QLE started. Other than that, it was a pretty quiet month.

September
During the Harvest Festival Event, you could collect Moon Splinters and Sun Flares to acquire all the buildings for not 1, but 2 new sets! Wishing Wells, event buildings that autoproduced goods and a few other Event Buildings got rebalanced, to make them more powerful and HTML5 was enabled for Firefox users.

October
The Headless Halloween QLE introduced the story of a haunted creature, lurking through the woods around you town. Goldmines got rebalanced, so they would give more gold from now on and at the end of the month, the Crafting feature got introduced, making you able to turn your old and unused Event Buildings and other inventory items, into new buildings and other rewards.

November
It feels like yesterday, but it was November that introduced this year's Winter Event: Winter Magic. By gathering Snowflakes and opening Delicacies, we got access to a bunch of beatiful, new Event Buildings, including 2 brand new sets! This month, Loynis joined our team of QA Moderators and Sajtmacska left our team of Game Moderators.

December
Most years, December is a very quiet month, because of the holiday season. This year was a little different, though. Of course, Winter Magic was still running, but we also introduced the new Royal Restoration Spells, enabling you to upgrade your Event Buildings! However, based on the feedback we received on the balancing of this feature, compared to a lot of analytics and data, we decided to disable the Royal Restoration Spells again, to reconsider the balancing in the new year.

Nice to know
In 2018, on Elvenar Beta we answered a little over 2200 support tickets. This is slightly less than last year, although our numbers of active players and new registrations remain stable. About 1500 tickets were about technical issues and bugs, which is what we're here for! :cool: On average, the support tickets were answered in less than 3 hours, which is pretty fast, and the rating you gave to our support team, was 4.5 out of 5 stars, indicating that in general, our player base is very happy with the quality of the support they are given.

Over 350 valid bugs were reported on Beta last year, of which we were able to fix over 300. June was the busiest month in terms of bug reporting that we ever had on Beta and in total, this year 42.500 diamonds were credited for bug reports, wow!

On our forums, we had over 1730 active users on average. January was the busiest month, with over 2200 active users. Over 10.000 posts have been made this year, with over 1250 in January, our busiest month. All these posts have been liked almost 7500 times.

In Closing
In recapping this year, it's nice to see how many new events and QLE's were introduced, together with our 2 latest Guest Races (Elementals and Amuni), the HTML5 version of our game and new game mechanics, like Crafting. Once again, all your feedback and bug reports helped us improve the overall quality of the game and of course the stability of Elvenar on our Live servers, so thank you all for your contribution!

I'd also like to thank the entire Moderator Team for their help in the past year. I'm proud of our entire team, the support we provide together and the individual contributions of every single team member.

Thank you all very much for a magical 2018 and may 2019 bring even more magic to our lives! Have a nice New Year's Eve, everyone!

edeba

Happy New Year!

I'm not intrigued. I'm "arrgh, another secret with advance innuendo, taking away our tournament, but we have a strong history of long term unresolved advance take." Curious, but totally uncertain and concerned. What exactly is it that they are doing that they need to stop our tournament? What does this mean to the future of our tournament?

Thank you @Marindor for a great year!
I wonder how close to Jan 18 the next guest race will release this year... That would be just 1 week after the "something new" that is replacing the tournament over the next few weeks... I'm intrigued.:)

Dony

King of Bugs
Best things for me this year was
1. crafting, i really hope new recipes will be added here and there rather then once per year or once per 5 years
2. increased rewards from tournament chests and AW
3. new sets with really good stats

By far the worst thing this year was fellowship adventure without single significant change

My wish for years to come is to increase your development team for a few people who would focus on doing quality of life changes to the game, there are so many ideas and suggestions over forums (and your owns) that doing 1 quality of life change per patch shouldnt be any problem for years.

PS. Whole RRS implementation felt like wholesaler change back then, which was caused by lack of communication from devs. Announcing now that you think of ratio 1:10 and that tournament 10-chest would give 11 RRS spread over many chests would give you same feedback as you already got without even releasing it on Beta.

Lelanya

Thank you for a great year! I find the work everyone puts in, on this server, to be invaluable. I appreciate all efforts, whether it be developers, staff or players. I believe that we are heard, our views are valid and important. I've also seen the 16 to 20 month lag time that occurs from promise to delivery. I have been pressing for delivery of the RR spell on Beta3 (aka the EN server) and I am willing to be patient while we test it here.
Happy New Year everyon:esmile: