• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Tech tree choice

DeletedUser

I would like to suggest that we are given a choice in the tech tree. The arrow flow path is already there, but we have to complete all the research in a vertical path (column), to unlock the next 'column'. In Foe there was some allowance to go 'ahead' with the path. You always had to eventually complete all the research, but it made it possible to plan a strategy that worked for you. Sometimes going ahead came back to bite you and other times it paid off.

DeletedUser43

I've changed the title of this thread to "Tech tree choice", as the shortcut to your own city after visiting neighbours is already discussed in this thread (click). :)

In your other thread, methusu had posted the quote below about the tech tree choice:
Just want to add here, that it isn't true, that you always have to complete a column to research a technology of the next column

DeletedUser236

In the current tech tree it sometimes feels like you can choose for the "fighting strategy" or "expending/producing strategy" except that you can't actually go either way 'cause you have to upgrade all before being able to upgrade the next "branch" of the tree (as Stormwings just said)..

I don't know about FOE (or any other game) and I don't think we should make it the same. But being able to choose your own strategy (i.e. "fighting/battles" or "expending/producing") would be a nice way to personalize your own town and thus playing style..

So +1 on this one from me :)