• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Swords

• Thread starter DeletedUser1596
  • Start date

DeletedUser1596

Since there is not much going on lately here, I'd like to take a look at some minor issue. Swords, those little unit-power-indicators. They have been around for some time, but I still don't know, what they stand for. Let's see the basic human units:

1sw.jpg
2sw.jpg
3sw.jpg
4sw.jpg
5sw.jpg

Very well.. as you can see, they are quite informative. Especially helpful to new players and user-friendly to those suffering from OCD. At first, they may seem random, but if you take a closer look... :) Ok, sorry for that. But you get my point, right?

In my opinion, these indicators are very misleading. In one case 4X means +30% total bonus (Paladin), in other 1X means +80% total (Banshee).
Psw.jpg
Bsw.jpg

And another thing, if I ever open up a unit info panel, it's because I want to see exact numbers. If I want to know the damage, I go for numbers like 50-60 or so. You can't display it in a graph or you can't define it's strength by saying "It's as strong as an ox. And a big one.". If I want to know about unit's bonuses, then the sword indicator is absolutely useless and I need to wait for a tooltip to pop up.

So what do you think? Do you find it helpful, or should it be removed?

Sir Squirrel

I agree, it looks cool, and gives an idea how good the troop is against its enemies, but not what exact bonuses it has. I think it is fine for the first image, but when opening the troop it should have the actual numbers so we don't have to hover to get the tool tip to figure out the actual bonuses.

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

I've never been a fan of the Swords Indicators - I find them more misleading than helpful. I'd rather have the exact numbers.