• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Swap buildings around feature- like in FOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veeb

Hi all

I did the live chat with Timon yesterday and he suggested that my idea is a good one. He suggested that I put it on the forum to gauge how many other players also think this is a good idea.

Basically the idea is that so you can pick up a building and place it where you want it even if there is part of a building there already. Once your building is placed then the other building which is in your way is now in your hand and can be placed elsewhere. This can be repeated as many times as you wish. Of course if you do not place the last building in a suitable spot the town will revert to its previous state.

Please comment as much as possible as Timon said if we have a decent response then they will be more likely to add this feature.

Thank you

Veeb :) xx

DeletedUser629

Personally, i like this idea. However, this idea is almost as old as the game itself, and we don't have that option yet. They could have reasons for it, and i guess it's the same reason as not allowing buildings to rotate, or to store them somewhere.

You can read the ideas in this thread from January 2015. I will bump it so players can add their opinion in that thread. This way we keep things organised.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/store-option-arrangement-building-swap-feature.209/

Veeb

Timon the game designer asked me in live chat to resurrect the chat so if we have enough players interested they will add it in. He is aware it was mentioned before but not enough interested in one idea to take in forward.

Veeb

Personally, i like this idea. However, this idea is almost as old as the game itself, and we don't have that option yet. They could have reasons for it, and i guess it's the same reason as not allowing buildings to rotate, or to store them somewhere.

You can read the ideas in this thread from January 2015. I will bump it so players can add their opinion in that thread. This way we keep things organised.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/store-option-arrangement-building-swap-feature.209/

It is one idea to take forward not a bunch, it is to gain interest not to have a chat or it will be lost in chat about storage etc.

DeletedUser867

The circumstances in Elvenar and FoE are actually quite different. When you need to upgrade a building in Elvenar, you're going to need to upgrade an entire ROW of similar buildings, so a building swap isn't really going to do you much good.

My preferred approach is to simply park an expansion somewhere awkward, so I won't be tempted to steal it, and then use it as a buffer rather than destroying old roads to gain some temporary wiggle room.

DeletedUser519

+1 for this idea
There are many differences between Elvenar and FoE
This is a good feature that works in FoE and it would work very well here in Elvenar
The argument that the games are different doesn't carry any weight
This idea is a no brainer and deserves our support

Valtitude

If I'm understanding this correctly, it would save a lot of clicks when you're moving buildings around - which works sometimes, sometimes it doesn't.
This idea would reset things back to where a player began, at least - without the time-consuming clicks and aggravation, to do so.
No clue how FoE works - I'm an Explorer who'd get annihilated there. Ha!

DeletedUser629

Timon the game designer asked me in live chat to resurrect the chat so if we have enough players interested they will add it in. He is aware it was mentioned before but not enough interested in one idea to take in forward.

It has been resurrected. You can use the other thread. We want to keep things organised, so we always use the first thread about an idea, link the pages of similar ideas in that thread, and close them. In this case, this idea was mentioned over a year ago. We do have a lot of new players, and they can add their opinion in the other thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.