• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Solstice

DeletedUser2818

devs cares
Recognizing that if an exploit is the preferable solution by players it means that the quest is not enjoyable and should be changed, that would be caring. "Fixing" it and making an event that's drastically more difficult and frustrating than the previous one, which was enjoyable because it didn't feel like a hassle filled with FOMO because the quests were flowing nicely... now what does that feel like?

Heymrdiedier

And who cares? It was a lot more satisfying not being burden with boring drudgery quests. So an exploit is saved at the expense of people looking at it and really focusing on boredom and dislike and spreading an "ugh" feeling. That just doesn't make sense to me.
are there recipes that use 5 combining catalyst spells or more and dont give you 15 vision vapor for it back? i think not, so basically they just removed the 'bug' part of it. They made the quest back to what they initially intended with it? you either collect 5 new ones, or you loose 5 by crafting something.

Dony

King of Bugs
Recognizing that if an exploit is the preferable solution by players it means that the quest is not enjoyable and should be changed, that would be caring.
thats exactly what they did
"Fixing" it and making an event that's drastically more difficult
so changing quest to take 5 hours instead of 5 days is drastically more difficult?
right now, quests are as easy as they were last event

DeletedUser2818

thats exactly what they did

so changing quest to take 5 hours instead of 5 days is drastically more difficult?
Evidently I am not up do date. If they reverted the incomprehensibly punishing difficulty of how some quests, then good. Although if you think that 15 vision vapors = 5 hours, well... let's just say the MA doesn't provide you with the recipes you want, and those giving 15+ vapors are extremely rare and unlikely to pop at the right time. Personally I'd just explore and burn some time boosts than rely on such a minimal chance.

edeba

Well put. I do not see a problem with exploits at all, especially when it makes the questlist less gross.

Recognizing that if an exploit is the preferable solution by players it means that the quest is not enjoyable and should be changed, that would be caring. "Fixing" it and making an event that's drastically more difficult and frustrating than the previous one, which was enjoyable because it didn't feel like a hassle filled with FOMO because the quests were flowing nicely... now what does that feel like?

DeletedUser2817

It seems to me that in general trying to get us to make more than 2 combining catalysts at a time (stacking them to wait for completion) or gaining vapors by crafting is a pretty obvious attempt to get us to spend diamonds upgrading the Magic Academy to give us more slots to produce CCs on the same run (and also reduce the time to produce them).

Personally I think if you're going to use diamonds, upgrading Magic Academy is a fairly worthwhile way to do it, but this does seem pretty blatantly an attempt to get us to do it whether we want to for non-event reasons or not. It is of course absolutely our choice how to participate, but this seems clearly intended to incentivize people to do that.

Lovec Krys

@Dony 5 hrs - realy? Magic academy gives you recipes you want on your command? Mine doesn't.
It currently has 5 x useless junk I'm not going to craft. So I have to wait anyway. And the highest amount of vv it gives is 9.
My guess is that this alternative takes (depending on luck) 1-2 days to complete, so not much better than my current scouting (50-60 hrs).

Not to mention that I'm shor of catalysts and I'm only crafting military buildings and pet food for my Fire phoenix (and from time to time 3BP conversion, but that's very rare), so I can't even produce all the pet foods that appears (and since pet food appeared, I completely gave up of creating anything else with MA - just catalysts now 100% time - even lv 5 MA is not enough nowadays).

DeletedUser2735

Sorry, but that is not right. They made it more difficult for most of the players. But if you are the only lucky guy in getting the needed things in MA just in the moment of need, my congrates are with you.

Dony

King of Bugs
Sorry, but that is not right. They made it more difficult for most of the players. But if you are the only lucky guy in getting the needed things in MA just in the moment of need, my congrates are with you.
they made it more difficult just by adding more options to finish quest? really? then you can ignore that new part and finish it with 5 days long scouts only if that was easier for you
@Dony 5 hrs - realy? Magic academy gives you recipes you want on your command? Mine doesn't.
It currently has 5 x useless junk I'm not going to craft. So I have to wait anyway. And the highest amount of vv it gives is 9.
My guess is that this alternative takes (depending on luck) 1-2 days to complete, so not much better than my current scouting (50-60 hrs).

Not to mention that I'm shor of catalysts and I'm only crafting military buildings and pet food for my Fire phoenix (and from time to time 3BP conversion, but that's very rare), so I can't even produce all the pet foods that appears (and since pet food appeared, I completely gave up of creating anything else with MA - just catalysts now 100% time - even lv 5 MA is not enough nowadays).
this change was made for players with MA lvl2, not your bought MA lvl5
as soggy said, you can plan ahead and prepare receipe before hand and finish it in 1 s when needed

DeletedUser2735

@Dony Are you sure, that you are not the King of game?
What is with all the Players in Chapter 3 or 4, as I am? If they are not in a Fellowship and don't have MA at 5, they c'ant finish this event.
It is nearly impossible to get all the encounters and other crazy things like buying 30 WP or gain tones of spell fragments, that they have to do, to finish.
But good for You, that it is more simple for you.

Heymrdiedier

@Dony Are you sure, that you are not the King of game?
What is with all the Players in Chapter 3 or 4, as I am? If they are not in a Fellowship and don't have MA at 5, they c'ant finish this event.
It is nearly impossible to get all the encounters and other crazy things like buying 30 WP or gain tones of spell fragments, that they have to do, to finish.
But good for You, that it is more simple for you.
hmm, maybe totally wrong here, but chapter 3 or 4 means, you have short scout times? means you get a lot of encounters to finish. So those quests all go fast, the crafting 5 cataclyst is the only one that takes a while with a lvl 2 MA, but is that so bad? (you can even prepare for that so you have all 5 or even more ready for collection untill you get the quest).

The way i see it, its a lot more simple for smaller players. At least if you prepare for the event (just like everyone should). Dont finish off all your world map encouters for example, have some saved up, etc

Last edited:

DeletedUser2632

Every event there will be the same feedback

- newbies can't finish
- old birds can't finish
- those without MA/barracks can't finish
- daily prizes suck
- grand prize suck
- event items too difficult to get
- the dice roll for prizes is a gamble with odds stacked against the Average Joe
- event is a wicked scheme to get money

But every event there will be people who

- finish the event a week after it comes out
- finish the event without spending money
- get multiple powerful buildings and prizes

This is the circle of life lol. Nevertheless, my experience with the last 3 major events (winter 2018, Carnival and Phoenix) has been nothing short of good. Last event alone I got 10 phoenix artifacts, almost 200 hours of time boosters, almost 100 magical manufacturing spells, 16 wishing wells, 2 rise of Phoenix and several KP instants, I didn't count. All those rewards have been beneficial to my city, none were useless or wasted. I spent a total of 8 dollars buying that event item building. Most of you spend way more than that on a single meal or even a coffee. If you smoke or drink you probably burnt that much in less than half a day. I dunno, maybe I just don't find it an issue to pay for entertainment that I enjoy.

So, I don't expect anything new in terms of what people feel about the events, and I'll continue doing what I've been doing for events, that is play largely for free, spend the occasional diamond, and continue to reap them rewards.

Last edited by a moderator:

lika1961

Every time someone makes a statement like the one above, it makes me smile. It is true that those of us playing this game are living a constant replay of the same complaints. A kind of never-ending Groundhog Day if you will. Par for the course. I would agree with you on the prizes for the Phoenix event. Who doesn't love those Burning Pools? Fabulous. The thing to remember though is that most players don't ever bother to come to the forum, so what is said here does not necessarily represent the player base, it represents the group who bother to give feedback.

I feel that the prizes so far in this event are mediocre. Today's prize is a Spring Flower Cage that has exactly the same specs as one I won in the Phoenix event that is still in my inventory. No thank you. The next grand prize for me is the Carting Library. I have 3 in inventory. No thank you. I am currently on a quest demanding "Solve 9 encounters, or 45 tournament encounters". 45 tournament encounters to receive 41 sun flares? No thank you. Particularly as the 5th quest following this is "Solve 10 encounters, or 50 tournament encounters". 95 encounters for an event with prizes I mostly don't want? A huge no thank you.

The Stonehenge building on level 10 will give me 3434 seeds every 48 hours. My two Golden Palaces give 2280 and the Woodelvenstock Main Stage 2200 seeds per day. These are already in my city and I don't have to wade through endless boring quests to use them. Yep, I'll just keep them and not plant the Stonehenge building.

I have 132 supply windfall spells and 185 coin rain, so clearly don't need any more of those. Yet I can hardly open a chest without getting more. No thank you.

While it is true that this is a long list of (boring to some) complaints, it is reality for me. I like events and get excited about the new buildings we can get and even more so if they look fantastic. "I want one" I shout as I plough through the quests. "Yes, please, I'll take one of those" becomes my war cry as I face the drudgery of producing 35 simple tools and hundreds of others. I still smile when I see the dancing folks on the Mosh Pit. What fun! And so colourful! Hooray!

Unfortunately the sight of Venar's Rock does nothing but make me go "bleh". I didn't like it 3 years ago and still don't. So, for the first time ever, I will not be completing an event. That is terribly disappointing since I really enjoy them. And yes, I realise the opinion of one player does not make a difference at all and many of you will want to point out the error of my thinking. I am entitled to my opinion though, right?.

DeletedUser2818

You can craft in advance though-- I think you only get the VV when you collect the building that you crafted.
True, but that'd mean keeping the MA clogged for quite a bit of time, which doesn't exactly strike me as particularly fun design.
Every event there will be the same feedback

- newbies can't finish
- old birds can't finish
- those without MA/barracks can't finish
- daily prizes suck
- grand prize suck
- event items too difficult to get
- the dice roll for prizes is a gamble with odds stacked against the Average Joe
- event is a wicked scheme to get money
That didn't really seem the case with the last event's feedback to me though. Many were able to finish quests in a more relaxed way than usual, many were able to get a lvl 10 phoenix without paying, phoenixes were good and innovative. Sure, there might've been negative feedback as well, but to pretend it was "all the same" is simply not true, and in my opinion the reasons for this event having mostly negative feedback thus far are exactly due to the fact it seems to stray so much from the Phoenix event, which was good.

DeletedUser2632

well, obviously, anyone is entitled to their opinion. also, no one is painting a fairytale picture about the event. who said that every single prize was super? and no one also said the all the quests are enjoyable, but I think "enjoyable" and "doable" are not the same thing. I will do the quests, because I do want some prizes. Last event, people made noise when additional free quests were added (more chances for free? No way, that sucks because it messes up my city plans!) I finished the questline 2 weeks in and had already started to build other buildings. I promptly deleted some and continued with the extra quests. Result? I got my bird stage 10 and had one extra artifact to spare. Did I enjoy having to do it? Not particularly. But was I satisfied? Of course. I did it because I wanted the prize. My goal was to get the bird stage 10, without spending too much, and 8 bucks for the WHOLE thing, not just the bird, I think is well worth my effort. I only opened chests on 3 days: 4 x 14h time boosters, Rise of Phoenix and Wishing Wells. Those are mighty good to me.

This event, I don't know yet, but 4 x 14h time boost will continue to feature on my list of "I want", and I'm keeping a look out for the prizes as they get revealed. Stonehenge is meh, so be it. It simply means I won't bust my butt trying to get 10 artifacts. I don't know what everyone is expecting, I guess all I can say is, firstly, expectations need to be realistic and secondly, some people can never be pleased.

palmira

I will do the quests, because I do want some prizes.

I always do all quests for the same reasons, some grand prizes are a must have - the fire phoenix the best example :) - some are quite bad as stonehenge but the prizes we get just by opening the chests are what we need on a daily basis, be it timers, KP, coin or supplies instants and portal instants. So all events are very much welcomed and all tasks are doable. And I almost done with these tasks, right before the event starts on live servers:)

DeletedUser

Okay confession time... Something I forgot I can do is buy kps. Sitting on 10's of thousands of boosted goods I bought kps! Now instead of 6 days to work on the event I have 12. I like the stonehenge building, it's beautiful when evolved and for someone like me who doesn't build a lot of workshops it's a welcome addition to my gorgeous city. Now can Inno please reset the cost of kps please :D

Oooo and my Aureate will help me build back up my boosted goods. Sweet!