• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Solstice

Heymrdiedier

I gladly would like to skip some quest, I'm OK with not receiving the Sun Flares then. No need to rotate because I don't want to wait 5 days for a scout, not now, not at end of quest list, not ever. o_O
it would like said before make the event too easy. Just skip the first 50 quests who only give you 1/3 of the event currency and only do the last 50 of the rest.
Im totally against this idea. Most players finish the event in the first week anyway. Like that isnt fast/easy enough?
I like how it is now

Richord

The fact is that without a chapter, this questline can't be finished even with intended scout-times.
Can't argue against, because any argument must be rubbish (see first sentence)
Change the quests or make them declinable (with cool-down)

DeletedUser2561

"Finish a research" is the one quest type that definitely needs an alternative because it is impossible for some. "OR scout a province" is probably the worst alternative, because it is nearly impossible for the same players. If an alternative is necessary anyway, we might as well have an alternative that cannot appear as standalone quest either, because it is impossible for DIFFERENT players. So as a replacement, I suggest something like:

"Complete a research OR collect 100.000 Mana"
"Scout a province OR collect 5.000 Orcs"

CrazyWizard

In Chapter I you have a story quest that requires you to build the MA. When you reach Chapter II that quest becomes declinable (just like all other Chapter I story quests). Thus you can refuse to build the MA, wait until Chapter II, and then just decline the quest.

I hope that clarifies things.

Same with the barracks, but I see no one complaining about that one

Deleted User - 60107

Same with the barracks, but I see no one complaining about that one
The Barracks are very different. For starters, they are smaller than the MA (at first, I mean). Second, they provide Ranking Points, and as the Barracks get upgraded the points increase, while the MA is stuck at level 2 (or level 5) forever. Third, Barracks determine the number of training slots. You start with 3, but as Barracks level increases the number of training slots increases, first to four and then to five. This is important if you prefer to use the Mercenary Camp/Training Grounds units instead of Barracks units. And last, but not least, despite all the things I just listed, you can play without ever building the Barracks. There are AWs that produce units - you can use those to complete "Train X units quests". You have no AWs related to the MA.

Last, but not least, playing with no MA is a lot easier than playing with no Barracks - because in general units are more useful than spells.

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard And in later chapters if you're playing without barracks and if you realy need troops for quests, you can just build Training ground or Mercenary camp and delete it after the event again.

@Heymrdiedier Why would anyone sane decline first half of the quests? There are many easy ones. And if someone decides to decline every second quests (for whatever insane reason) isn't loosing half of the quest sequence event currency enough for punishement? How does it makes the event easier when you can radically lower your number of rewards this way? I thought that getting as much as possible (or enough) rewards is the purpose of doing events, not finishing some event quest line.

Anyway I'm wiling to discuss additional penalty for declining quests, so some crazy ones wouldn't decline half of the quests.
Let's say 50-100% of the quest reward value (with declining quests which gives 50 event currency, losing additional 25 or 50 is enough (75/100 total loss)).
Another possible way of prevent multiple declining is increasing penalty - let's say by 10 (first decline 10, second 20,... 10th 100 (+ lost quest reward)).

Best way of course is quest design with several options designed with the knowledge of early / mid / advanced / finished tech tree player's limitations, so none of them would be deadlocked with some quest and unable to finish the event.

DeletedUser

@shadowblack and @Lovec Krys I wish I would have known about just moving forward to the new chapter and the ability to skip required quests. What great info you have given me and those reading this thread. Thank you.

Now on to the penalties skipping quests in an event... Events are suppose to be fun, penalizing someone because they want to participate in the event but can't isn't much fun either. @Aramina's suggestion of a 24 hour cool-down to skip a quest (once per day) was pretty fair. If I can rotate quest 10 in the current event on beta, to the end of the quest line I'd be able to participate and not ruin my map. With Aramina's suggestion, you can't just keep skipping quests, there is not enough time to keep doing that. The max you could skip is 25 or however long the event is, because their suggestion was to skip 1 quest per day. (And if you keep skipping quests - you'll never finish 1 because of the 24 hour cool-down)

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

how often does that "new" biggest chest appear ? If the answer is not so often doesn't that reduce the posssibility to get the daily prize ?
The new big chest isn't even in the top 5 for best to get daily. Just because it says 30% doesn't make it good.
142 sunflares for 30% is garbage compared to 26 SF for 10% chance.
Think about it this way: would you rather have 8 tries with 10% every try or only one shot at 30%?

And the funniest thing about this is that Inno encourages and discourages us from overscouting at the same time.
How? Other than the orc limit everything point towards scouting more= better
If I can rotate quest 10 in the current event on beta, to the end of the quest line I'd be able to participate and not ruin my map.
1. How would it "ruin your map"?
2. Isn't it kinda good to have a decision that matters?

SoggyShorts

"Finish a research" is the one quest type that definitely needs an alternative because it is impossible for some. "OR scout a province" is probably the worst alternative, because it is nearly impossible for the same players. If an alternative is necessary anyway, we might as well have an alternative that cannot appear as standalone quest either, because it is impossible for DIFFERENT players. So as a replacement, I suggest something like:

Excellent suggestion.

Lovec Krys

And the funniest thing about this is that Inno encourages and discourages us from overscouting at the same time.
How? Other than the orc limit everything point towards scouting more= better

For example by not giving us more expansions from provinces, because we should do only the required minimum according to them. And more overscouting = longer scouts = harder this event quests (for some players even impossible without using time instants).

SoggyShorts

we should do only the required minimum according to them
I can't recall having seen or heard them say that...
more overscouting = longer scouts = harder this event quests
True, but more provinces =
more space
more seeds
more mana
more supplies
more coins
more KP
more relics
more neighbors
more almost everything because of how many wonders work

If they are "discouraging us" from scouting more, they are doing a terrible job of it:p
not giving us more expansions from provinces
There does need to be a size limit though or else who would buy premium?

Lovec Krys

@SoggyShorts more space = untrue for this case, because I'm talking about ovescouting at the end of the tech tree. Most players in this condition have already all province expansions, so if you're close to the limit, that itself discourages you from overscouting, otherwise you end with 1 expansion per chapter.

There does need to be a size limit though or else who would buy premium?
There would be, just bigger. Don't forget that scouting takes coins and coins are limited by Main hall level. And with scout time, they would be still limited by time.
And yes, I know, that with the current capacity you can scout provinces over distance 25, although I'm unsure if you're able to scout the whole circle, but when you overscout so much, another problem raises - the encourter's cost of so distant provinces raises so much, that you need literaly milions of goods to clear them. And who says that maximum provinces for next expansion have to stay at 10, if they raise the limit, they can go higher (12,15 let's say).
Anyway, this all just means that if you have the diamonds, it's just faster to use them for buying expansion than wait weeks (or more) for another province expansion.

The limit raise is for bigger discussion. My opinion is that Inno should do it next chapter, although they can fit two more chapters to the limit (but even now there are many players already on the limit (I myself am at 437 - 2 province expansions left in my main city)).

SoggyShorts

I'm talking about ovescouting at the end of the tech tree. Most players in this condition have already all province expansions
Ah I didn't realize you meant those who are already at max expansions. Yeah, there is little reason to scout more after that other than events.
The limit raise is for bigger discussion. My opinion is that Inno should do it next chapter, although they can fit two more chapters to the limit (but even now there are many players already on the limit (I myself am at 437 - 2 province expansions left in my main city)).
Yup, my mains are at the limit, but I don't yet feel the need for more space - 20 expansions for guest races and 3-4 for events is easily doable as long as you aren't aiming for more than 3K in the tournament or ranking or any kind -- if you are, then YMMV

TomatoeHu

Here is a Color coded, printable spreadsheet for the event quest

Inno took all the production quests and workshop quests from Glacier Giants event, but added 1 to the amount and then suffocated us with scouting and research requirements. Small cities with level 2 MA's can not crank out the CC spells . this will require you to spend diamonds and get your MA to 5.
Small cities also have less buildings to disenchant and cannot afford to buy 20- 40 kp. These are possible to do if they were around last event where we all drowned in those chest rewards. SIGH. Coin rain SIGH.

Now look at the difficulty of the event quests we have had in all previous events, then consider just two events back we got " move a building" or gain coins and supplies ( which are very much missing in this event ) . Why make them ridiculous and revert to doing away with forum suggestions to go with the opposite or all our past objections instead?

The building, is meant to sit in your city forever? although its awfully pretty, its awfully useless as other buildings we have access to yield far better results. If i want seeds, i would have tried for dailies on a golden palace, if i wanted mana i would have already tried for burning pools. None of the productions on this building would build me more than a couple roads? Certainly won't matter to my next chapter requirements if we get chapter 15 in a year? How big will that portal and buildings need to be? I doubt i will have space for an awfully pretty turd building to be taking up space.

Also, I am actually kinda tired of Inno inventing new ways to give us KP as it already seems endless. If it's for our wonders, why not just reduce the wonder kp requirements to fill ,so that it doesn't take 25 weeks to max level a wonder while not advancing at all....I spend 50 kp a day? more I think. I don't need three more a day. I could visit my world map neighbors and buy that 3 KP everyday - but i choose not to. KP is boring.

As a young city, the building is better than a Tome of Secrets but will need RR spells to bring it up and keep relevant to your chapter needs. However i don't remember there ever being enough space in this game to mystically start building and keeping buildings through all 14 chapters. Orc's is like a vacuum for all non mana buildings to disappear by and then in comes mana and seed buildings.

Driving new players and small cities ahead on full tilt through events means they skip a lot of time and knowledge needed to advance their city upgrades and sustain the chapter they nose dive into after an event ends. Their resources are shot, they are struggling to advance and then you plunk down a smelly FA after to add insult to injury. So perhaps a summer solstice should run in another month, like when summer starts June 21? and reduce those scouts, relics, and research requirements so that your event isn't passed over for an irrelevant building. Perhaps the point of all these tiresome quests is so that players will spend diamonds but they wont dip into their pockets for a painful experience, at least entice them with a better building or simplified quests ( ahem, so while failing at the dailies, that doesn't sting as much either).

Angeduciel

Totally agree with this suggestion. The combination of scouting OR research is extremely bad for those of us that are waiting for the next chapter!
This is the worst option you could have give us so please give us a more realistic option as suggested by @Turbina

So far, I am not really impressed by any of the daily prizes. Hope it will improve soon.

SoggyShorts

Totally agree with this suggestion. The combination of scouting OR research is extremely bad for those of us that are waiting for the next chapter!
This is the worst option you could have give us so please give us a more realistic option as suggested by @Turbina

So far, I am not really impressed by any of the daily prizes. Hope it will improve soon.
I'm even willing to keep a few under levelled residences/workshops/armories for the "Or upgrade abuilding to XX" alternative. I've even added a temporary armory for that purpose before.

DeletedUser

Seems once again quests are changed: "Gain or Spend 5 Combining Catalyst" (#65) is now only "Gain 5 Combining Catalyst". Pretty sure they have done it for all CC quests. :mad:

Definitely going to skip this event with some of my accounts on Live ! o_O

Last edited by a moderator: