• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Solstice

DeletedUser

Solve 89 Encounters in total (tourny alternative is undoable with current tourny, to costly), that's 11 provinces. If you want us to do so much provinces at least make it worth the effort by increasing the number of province expansions you can get from them ! :mad:

I've got an entire ring #16 of provinces at 7/8 just because of recent events, scouting takes ~5 days in that ring and I've run out of any free encounters already because of this event (I'm at quest 57 waiting for my scout to finish in 76+ hours). :(

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

You get MA only at end of chapter 1, so yes it makes sense. :p
No you can be in any chapter without MA, the quest can be declined, at low level, the MA takes only place (4x5 !!) and has no intrest.

DeletedUser

No you can be in any chapter without MA, the quest can be declined, at low level, the MA takes only place (4x5 !!) and has no intrest.
How do you decline an event quest ?!? :confused: That's not possible. So you're either stuck in event or you need to get MA (which I agree is totally useless in lower chapters, it's ugly and takes to much space). :(

I finally build it for my smallest account just to get on with event but now I'm stuck again because I need Orcs and I'm still in Fairies chapter. All those encounters and scouts needed in previous events has made me gone to far on the world map. :(

DeletedUser

@Jasper Welcome to my world. Me thinks I'm going to change my city name to stucksville during events. I don't ruin my map for events and if Inno thinks selling the outpost for real world duckets, is a better alternative when we're stuck, than making events a little less city dependent, they are sorely mistaken. My outpost is from the last event and is not giving extra sun flares as I sit for nearly 3 weeks trying to get my research done and get past quest 10...

DeletedUser2443

the only reason to build the MA:
upload_2019-5-18_14-2-26.png

DeletedUser

What are you guys talking about with the Magic Academy? I've been required to build it in chapter 1 in all of my chapter 1 cities.

And my new city name is Fun suckers because Inno is just sucking the fun out of these events.

Deleted User - 60107

In Chapter I you have a story quest that requires you to build the MA. When you reach Chapter II that quest becomes declinable (just like all other Chapter I story quests). Thus you can refuse to build the MA, wait until Chapter II, and then just decline the quest.

I hope that clarifies things.

DeletedUser

Thanks @shadowblack
In Chapter I you have a story quest that requires you to build the MA. When you reach Chapter II that quest becomes declinable
So if I open up advanced scouts for chapter 2 it becomes declinable? How about the required quests for upgrading the main hall?

DeletedUser

Okay wait... we're on beta are we suppose to be asking for event quests we can decline? instead of calling them fun suckers?

If this is the case, please allow us to decline and rotate the quests. ie i'm stuck on quest 10 I could hit decline and it would rotate to the end of the quest line.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoggyShorts

please allow us to decline and rotate the quests.
This would massively reduce the difficulty of events.
Imagine if you could rotate quests to
  • Always do baskets of groceries while sleeping
  • Always do "clear encounters" during tournament
  • Always "scout a province" when your scout is about to come home.
  • Complete all T1 quests in a row, delete and replace with workshops and then do all of the workshop quests in a row
  • Always switch to "upgrade a building" right before your building finishes.
  • Etc
Also players almost universally hate the FA Interface, so suggesting a change in that direction is probably a bad idea. If you want a total revamp then just make it a checklist of all the quests and have them all active at once.

Lovec Krys

What are you guys talking about with the Magic Academy? I've been required to build it in chapter 1 in all of my chapter 1 cities.

And my new city name is Fun suckers because Inno is just sucking the fun out of these events.
In my beta city I built Magic academy when I was in Woodelves:)
I have one live city in dwarfs without Magic academy & Barracks.
Yes, you have quests for those buildings, but you can choose to ignore them and decline them after you research first technology from next chapter (one of the best added feature ever (possibly because many players were stuck on quests for several chapters, since then, they can always catch up with declining quests from previous chapters which doesn't suit them (I always decline at least half chapter quests))).

@SoggyShorts Maybe they could be declinable, so you could choose to skip some of them (even all) and loose the event currency for declined quests (but be able to finish the quest line)?

My opinion about the quests of this event - I'll probably not be able to fihish all of them in my main city due to currently being 4 technologies from the end of tech tree and having scouting time over 50 hrs and not wiling to use my remaining time instants for this (fortunatelly the main building of this event is not good enough for me to build it, so I don't realy care).

SoggyShorts

@SoggyShorts Maybe they could be declinable, so you could choose to skip some of them (even all) and loose the event currency for declined quests (but be able to finish the quest line)?
Sure, as long as some balance is maintained. Either the "hard" quests are worth more currency and declining them means you miss out on it, or declining any quest has a currency cost attached. Either way would maintain the challenge level, but I think the latter would be better as it is difficult to define which quests are "hard"
So for example, if you want to decline quest number 30 that will cost you 50 sunflares plus you will not get the reward for that quest.
Either that "50" cost is fixed at 50, or it could be equal to the reward i.e. a double penalty.
E.g. Quest number 30 has a reward of 30 flares, so declining it costs 30 flares for a net loss of 60 since you won't get the reward either.

DeletedUser

@Lovec Krys this is good information – I’m skipping the main hall quests then. It takes so much population for those and then increases the trader quantities. I had no idea… Sweet. I’ll still build the ma because of disenchanting and some items you can still create at chapter 1 and 2 but I’m not upgrading them for sure.

There’s nothing very difficult with these events.

Right now, I’ve seen

1. Nothing to research
2. Scouts take 6 days
3. Tournaments are expensive
4. Not wanting to ruin your map for events
5. Low level players can’t complete certain quests depending on where they are at in the chapter

Giving us the ability to rotate the quests isn’t going to make it easier, maybe allow some of us to actually participate in the event. For tournaments, this could give you 25 days to build up units and goods.

Removing the currency for skipped quests, not sure it should be a punishment for choosing to not ruin your map or you can’t afford the tournament. But it sure seems now, I’m not the only one who is getting stuck.

For the last event, I stayed at chapter 1 or 2 just so I could complete the relics quests and wasted days of natural gained kps. Unless you’re ruining your map at a low chapter, it’s nearly impossible to complete the events.

DeletedUser2003

please allow us to decline and rotate the quests

This would massively reduce the difficulty of events.

I concur with Soggy here, but also understand where Soleil is coming from. Perhaps instead of a decline/rotate option, a "skip quest" with a 24 hour timer before the option becomes available again could be considered? The quest gets moved to the end of the list and comes around again if the player finishes the rest. If you can only skip 1 quest per day, I think players would use it most often when quests are not possible for them to complete, and not just to make the path easier for them.. :oops:

DeletedUser

I concur with Soggy here, but also understand where Soleil is coming from. Perhaps instead of a decline/rotate option, a "skip quest" with a 24 hour timer before the option becomes available again could be considered? The quest gets moved to the end of the list and comes around again if the player finishes the rest. If you can only skip 1 quest per day, I think players would use it most often when quests are not possible for them to complete, and not just to make the path easier for them..

This is a fair option, skipping isn't meant to make anything easier but if one is truly stuck (because of research or no goods/units/ or nothing to scout) it's a way to still be able to participate in the event. Very nice @Aramina

DeletedUser

I gladly would like to skip some quest, I'm OK with not receiving the Sun Flares then. No need to rotate because I don't want to wait 5 days for a scout, not now, not at end of quest list, not ever. o_O

DeletedUser1681

I gladly would like to skip some quest, I'm OK with not receiving the Sun Flares then. No need to rotate because I don't want to wait 5 days for a scout, not now, not at end of quest list, not ever. o_O
I second this.
This year I have for the first time been in situation where scouting and conquering provinces have no other purpose than complete an event quest and definately have a better use for time booster spells than that.

DeletedUser1681

I was complaining about daily prize chances earlier and...
15% is not the biggest one

i didnt look much into this yet, but didnt they upgrade the chance on getting sun flares back from chests? if you get more flarees from chests -> more chests -> bigger change of winning dailys anyway.

Well, now I have to ask was it just me who thought that last event the biggest chest (then 80+) appeared less often than earlier ?
So now there is yet another, new, "biggest chest" which has the 30% chance for daily prize building - I haven't opened a single chest yet so what is your experience how often does that "new" biggest chest appear ? If the answer is not so often doesn't that reduce the posssibility to get the daily prize ?
I'm not claiming that's the way it is - I'm asking how often people have gotten that big chest.

Last event I was saving my essence/sunflares/whatever and used them to get some particular buildings, got quite many and now have the opportunity to delete old, dated stuff when I need. I'm just thinking that if others did the same maybe they are seeing it as something that disturbs the balance and this might be a backlash. Maybe.