• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

iDavis

My experiences with endless quests are very positive. This is actually the very first event featuring any challenge, compared to previous ones, where I always knew "I don't have to hurry, I will be done weeks before end anyway" which paradoxically turned into such a laziness that I didn't manage to complete all quest from last summer solstice. :rolleyes: (for the 1st time ever)
So except the fact that now it's me who can decide how far do I want to get, whole event feels like something special from usual gameplay what's really cool, because I guess, this is event's purpose.

Hopefully this system will be followed by all future events.

DeletedUser2904

This was my first major event (started just before the queen of the seas QLE), and I managed to get a level 7 mermaids paradise. Overall, the event was enjoyable, but my small city (end of chapter 2) made it difficult to complete the random quests in an efficient manner. There was not enough room to have constant 2 day good productions, 1 day good productions and still have enough space to complete the supplies production quests and some others.

As someone mentioned above, players with larger cities can do this and it is a lot easier for them to complete these quests and receive a fully upgraded (or multiple) mermaids paradise.
Perhaps I'll be big enough to get a fully upgraded event building by the next event :)

DeletedUser

You might want to consider that Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 cities may not be in a position to pump out "6000 supplies" or some of the other ridiculous requirements I got hit with repeatedly. Both my city here and my city on live are Chapter 2, and my experience so far is not positive. It's not fun. My fifth quest here was the one for 6000 supplies. A brand new Chapter 1 city, with limited space and no boosters. Why was there no scaling in this event? For cryin' out loud, scale the bleeding requirements! Please! Otherwise, I'm not doing another event, ever, because I'm not going to give Inno cash to complete one. It's just not worth it to me.

Dony

King of Bugs
You might want to consider that Chapter 1 and Chapter 2 cities may not be in a position to pump out "6000 supplies" or some of the other ridiculous requirements I got hit with repeatedly. Both my city here and my city on live are Chapter 2, and my experience so far is not positive. It's not fun. My fifth quest here was the one for 6000 supplies. A brand new Chapter 1 city, with limited space and no boosters. Why was there no scaling in this event? For cryin' out loud, scale the bleeding requirements! Please! Otherwise, I'm not doing another event, ever, because I'm not going to give Inno cash to complete one. It's just not worth it to me.
events will never be balanced for chapter 1 and 2, its just waste of time, for new players its just to see what you need to expect in events and prepare for next, and meanwhile focus on your city instead, you will get much more benefit at this point

Calenmir

@Marindor Yes I think I would prefer it just stop. As I described in my note, my last two (back to back) quests were for 24 productions. So yes, quitting was the only logical option and the only good thing was it was nearly over anyway. But it was the multiple, and nearly daily, requests to clear 2 provinces, that I was referring to when I said 'being forced to stop' - I foolishly kept thinking they wouldn't do it again - but yet they did. Also, when I said 'being forced to stop' that was in reference to the beginning of my note where I said players telling you that you should know your limits and if you push on that's on you. I can't afford to do that in some of my cities (on live) - or rather I know better in some of them - so yes, that would be a hard stop for me. That would force me to stop.

I DID get all my evolutions and I made sure I DID before I put that building up - because I knew a half full aquarium would look rather ridiculous. But there were still other buildings to get. In the old way, you had the daily quest to afford you more coral, not just picking up the ones that landed in your city.

DeletedUser2735

events will never be balanced for chapter 1 and 2, its just waste of time, for new players its just to see what you need to expect in events and prepare for next, and meanwhile focus on your city instead, you will get much more benefit at this point
Have you played the Event of wandring moon? I started when the event started and i finished the event as Chapter 2. How can a player wright something like this?
The former events allways were balanced to the smaller Cities

Last edited by a moderator:

PrimroseSylvia

Have you played the Event of wandring moon? I started when the event started and i finished the event as Chapter 2. How can a player wright something like this?
The former events allways were balanced to the smaller Cities
Wandering Moon was a little event, Summer Solstice and Summer Mermaids are big event: different tasks, different prizes, different difficulty.

DeletedUser2735

Wandering Moon was a little event, Summer Solstice and Summer Mermaids are big event: different tasks, different prizes, different difficulty.
That is right, but I played every event, since this Event, and they were balanced.

DeletedUser

That's ridiculous to me, especially since this is BETA. If that's how it is, then there needs to be a lock-out on all events for Chapter 1 and 2 cities, like there is on the Spire.

maxiqbert

what is ridiculous is wanting an event that's balanced for a situation that's not supposed to last as long as the event
Im my book : chapter 1 is less than 24h, chapter 2 less than a week.
So just move on to the next stage, instead of crying

On a more constructive note : I missed the second line of quests. Why couldn't there be 2 simultaneous lines of quests?

Deleted User - 60107

what is ridiculous is wanting an event that's balanced for a situation that's not supposed to last as long as the event
Im my book : chapter 1 is less than 24h, chapter 2 less than a week.
So just move on to the next stage, instead of crying
1) No need to be so rude
2) The game isn't just for you. Shocking as it may be, there are new players that are learning the game as they go along. Different players do things differently, so it's possible for Chapter 1 to take over a week, and chapter 2 to take over a month, especially if the player decides to focus on the event
3) Finish Chapter 1 in less than 24 hours? Not possible without spending Diamonds or receiving a ton of goods from other players. Advanced Residences alone costs 30 KP (for an Elf city, at least), then there are all the other techs, then all the goods you need to pay for the techs...

If players int he first two chapters are supposed to focus on advancing therough the tech tree, then events should not be accessible to them at all. It could be linked tot he Chapter III Advanced Scouts tech, for example.

maxiqbert

Bite me. I started on the second of this month. It's the 16th. I'm ever so sorry that I'm not playing up to your speed.
you can play at your own pace, but we're not going to downgrade everything for you

1) No need to be so rude
2) The game isn't just for you. Shocking as it may be, there are new players that are learning the game as they go along. Different players do things differently, so it's possible for Chapter 1 to take over a week, and chapter 2 to take over a month, especially if the player decides to focus on the event
3) Finish Chapter 1 in less than 24 hours? Not possible without spending Diamonds or receiving a ton of goods from other players. Advanced Residences alone costs 30 KP (for an Elf city, at least), then there are all the other techs, then all the goods you need to pay for the techs...

If players int he first two chapters are supposed to focus on advancing therough the tech tree, then events should not be accessible to them at all. It could be linked tot he Chapter III Advanced Scouts tech, for example.
well, let's go through this
1) I wasn't rude. Direct, no gloves, but not rude
2) Learning and giving lessons aren't compatible. Those who are learning shouldn't come here and lecture all the others. I don't care if they are slow. But I don't want a ridiculous event. IMHO, it's perfectly legit for a game to propose things that aren't in everyone's reach. Call it an incentive to grow ;). Balance would be to propose things that could be reachable if you're willing to.
3) possible and done myself. Of course I used donations from my fellowship. Not doing it is a matter of misplaced pride. I gave "back" what I got several times to my fellowship. It's a collabtion game, remember.

Last edited:

Calenmir

I rather gathered that there is some algorithm in place assessing the chapter. Perhaps not, though, because I'm not in 'the know'. But to say it's a waste of time to balance events for chapter 1 & 2 players so that they 'can see what you need to expect' is, I suspect, only your opinion, and poorly said. Sadly whatever method they used to put these quests out there clearly didn't consider the chapter, the player or quite frankly anything else - it was nothing more than random. The 'great variety in tasks' didn't pan out much either as all I got were the same quests over and over - beverages simple tools, combining catalyst, vision vapor, 24 hr productions. Could I do it - yes. Did I do it - yes. But I feel very foolish for doing so and I actually ran out of combining catalysts.

These are forced quests that you may or may not care about but in order to get the nice buildings, you play on - until you can't any more. These events, if this is how they will continue, need to take the all the chapters and player into consideration - and yes, I know all about the difficulty curve and exactly why it's there. If they can't do that - then this method is not best for these type events.

Chapter 1 players are how we all started this game. Keeping them interested is how the game continues - so to disregard them because it's a waste of time is very foolish. These are the potential future money spenders. Make them feel as though they can't compete and you lose them.

Deleted User - 56274

You cannot disregard chapter 1 & 2 - however, you are progressing through those chapters fairly quickly so most event buildings become obsolete fast. I know there are folks that started a new city with the start of an event to see how far they could progress, but I am not sure where those were posted. Even in Chapters 3 & 4 events may be somewhat onerous depending on which quests. Granted I don't like them, but the workshop 5 & 15 minute quests that required a lot of repetitions were at least doable at any level. I prefer the more limited version that we currently have because I come in and go away for several hours so I can usually complete those in a day :)