• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

Deleted User - 56274

@TomatoeHu My cities both on Beta and Live are in chapter 6 :) As you can see, I am extremely opinionated and willing to say what I think. I did do a posting on the US forums basically highlighting longer term concerns over the high cost both in relics, provinces etc that the event quests cost lower level players. In live I am well beyond the provinces needed to unlock chapter 7 but I have probably 8-10 techs to research before getting to that point. I have not been doing encounters/provinces outside of events unless I am locked to advance a chapter.
Doing tourney encounters is not always viable because at chapter 6 - doing 30-50 tournament provinces to complete a quest is a huge expense in either troops or goods.
For this event format the things I would really like to see:
1) Quests scale based on player chapter - like the gain supply/gold quest for tourney & encounters
2) High cost quests such as gain CCs, Vision Vapors, Encounters, Complete provinces should be rare.
3) Currency rewards of quests should be based on relative effort/cost/time to complete the quest 3 NH <> t1 2day x3

I know some live players already have a fully evolved building and others are blocked by quests.

Lovec Krys

Could some developer finally please add possibility to disable that annoying animation when rotating chests? It takes several seconds for each draw you make. It should be instant so we don't spend half day waiting for that rotation to happen.

TomatoeHu

Yes, mobile app got some seriously slow, wiggly,"Victory!" swords. They dance about like i have nothing better to do then watch them... 4 second bad commercial between tournament spots.

DeletedUser

My 2 cents on the new quest system :
- The endless quests seems nice at first but it creates an imbalance between cities. Players with enough free space and time can get an insane amount of corals. I've seen an account with two Mermaids Paradises at stage 10 already within the first 2 weeks of the event while others were still struggling with the quests.

- Random quests are an interesting option but currently it isn't implemented in a fair way. Some of my accounts mostly got the short/easy quests while other have been getting the long/difficult ones. If you want to do random quests you should make sure that everyone gets the same random quests (in a different order).

- Number of "Complete x province(s)" quests without an alternative is to high. I ran out of provinces after the first week already with one of my accounts and had to wait a week to scout 2 new provinces (chapter XIV) before I could continue again and then of course I would be stuck within a day at the "Complete 2 provinces" quest again.

And some general remarks:
- Primary T1 good for Mermaids Paradise should be same as bonus T1 of player, not marble.

- Humans players were at a disadvantage once again when having to build a T1 factory to level 14/16 because those factories always need more space then their Elven counterparts.

Dony

King of Bugs
1 thing which players need to learn with this new concept is when to stop, there is no point burning all provinces just for this event and not have enough for future events and that is up to every single player, before it was up to devs to decide when to end with hard cap

Deleted User - 56274

1 thing which players need to learn with this new concept is when to stop, there is no point burning all provinces just for this event and not have enough for future events and that is up to every single player, before it was up to devs to decide when to end with hard cap
That's why it would be nice to have a good alternative. I have been fortunate not to have too many on beta, but I do have concerns about the cumulative impact of events and the high rate of complete encounter and complete province quests in addition to the CC, VV and spell fragment quests for vision vapor.

@Jasper On US I have way too many 2day followed by 1day builds for the 57 coral grouping. I am not to the extreme that I have enough corals for 2 fully evolved buildings, but I also have concerns on the impact this quest system and the 'random' quests will have on players who are in earlier chapters. I've only been back since February and I am rather burned out and sick of the large events.

DeletedUser

... I've only been back since February and I am rather burned out and sick of the large events.
I actually used the large events to relax, finish in the first week and relax the remaining 2 or 3 weeks, I miss that. :(

Marindor

What @Dony mentions is of course right. It's not necessary to cycle all these quests 20 times. Of course it's a new way of presenting the event and that's new for our players as well so it's something we all have to get used to, but compared to the previous way we presented events, it was always pretty tricky to get the reward building to its final stage (outside of using premium). That required a lot of activity and effort. What we see right now, is players who have the reward building to level 10 already and still keep cycling those quests over and over again. Of course you can do that if you want, but in that case it's a choice you make yourself of course. If you're going to do that with each event, you'll probably have a pretty hard time in the future. Although it's possible to do the quests over and over again, it wouldn't be a bad idea to take it easy once you have your reward building at level 10 and have enough corals to get the daily prizes you want. Like @Jasper said, get your reward building to level 10 and get some spare event currency for the nicer daily prizes and start relaxing again. It's not a race :p

Deleted User - 60107

Two things I don't like about the endless quests:
THERE IS NOT STORY! Yes, I am one of those weird people that actually care about story. Previous large events had at least some story presented by the first X quests. This one had none.
There's no sense of achievement when you manage to complete all quests, because... well, the quests are endless!

Everything else was already mentioned by other players: Too many quests asking for 1-day and 2-day productions, too many quests asking for Vivison Vapor or Spell Fragments, quests demanding research, upgrades or scouting from end game players that have nothing to research or upgrade (and who need days for a single scout)... In short, the endless quests are a good idea that has been poorly executed - kinda like a certain Spire...

lika1961

Although the theory of cycling through quests in a controlled way sounds good, in my case I got certain quests over and over with such regularity that I stopped doing them. I must have had "buy 15 kP" at least 5 times which seems like a higher repeat rate than would be justified by the speed at which I was moving. The end result is that I only managed to get 5 artifacts which basically renders the prize useless. i don't mind the random repeating of the quests, but would very much like to see a better mix and more 'do X or do Y" quests. Most of the chests I opened gave time and supply instants which to me is utterly worthless. Overall then I have to say that this new format for me was a disappointment, which is unfortunate since I really enjoy events.

Deleted User - 56274

@Marindor Partly it is for some of us, if it is there I must do it. For myself, if I opt to place the mermaid evolved building on beta, I have more than enough evolutions to max it out.
For the most part I like the new format. I do have concerns regarding it. I have put those forth in this thread and the US forums thread. Looking here and there, larger players who dedicate space can fairly easily obtain 2 or 3 full buildings worth of evolutions. Smaller players are likely to feel the burden of the complete province, Gain CC, Gain VV, Gain Spell Fragments, and Complete Encounter/Tourney Encounter quests because these are not scaled in any way.
Here is my short list of things that I think the developers should consider:
1) Currency Awards - These should be based more on the relative effort/cost that the quest has vs. how many quests the player has completed. Give 3 NH <> Solve 6/30 Tourney encounters
2) Scaling - more based on chapter level, though there are certain hardships faced by steel & human planks players based on the size (so they have far fewer) of the factories. That means while a player in chapter 13 may start with a 3/15 encounter the level 4 player has 1/5 and the level 8 player has 2/10 and going up from their toward goals that hopefully do not utterly deplete them
3) Randomness - the quests seem to have certain preset patterns they repeat in at each currency level, I think if they opted to change the currency levels based on
4) Costly quest frequency - Some quests like Complete 2 provinces, Gain CC, Gain VV, Buy KP (I loathe the buy KP, it needs to be gain KP, that slows the players down or they can opt to be fast and buy KP but it gives CHOICE). Some of these quests recurred all too frequently. I would like to see a given one only once in 20/50 etc quests, something that they will still be present, but not overwhelmingly frustrating.​

Looking at my quest list (about 130 quests) - which I started tracking about a week in:
Gain Spell Fragments - 5 times but 2 700 and 2 900
Complete 2 Provinces - 4 times (higher than I would like to see)
Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 16 or higher - 5 times
Gain CC - 7 times (again higher than I would like to see; the gain relic cost is very high if you opt to do that instead)
Buy KP - I had this twice at 60 so not so bad. I think on US I've had it more often that that in what I have been tracking. I wouldn't mind this one as a gain KP where it did not require it to be purchased but could be counted over time or from buying or from the lovely carting libraries and AWs that grant KP.
Gain VV - 7 times - a grand total of 79 VV needed. This is higher than I would like to see
Produce T1 2-day - 4, 3 @ 64 currency level. I am not overly bothered by these, even the 5 at 64 were not problematic. These cost time and perhaps space if you want to be fast. 5 is a little high as on US my human with steel only has 4 factories running, but I can at least throw a few more level 1s up to offset.​

My total accumulation is over 7800 currency

Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [9 hrs] 3 times-36
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [9 hrs] 4 times-48
Produce Simple Tools 7 times-51
Gain 400 Spell Fragments-51
Invest 20 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 20 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder or buy 10 Knowledge Points-51
Solve 5 Encounters or Solve 25 Tournament Encounters-51
Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times-51
Produce Advanced Tools 8 times-51
Produce Simple Tools 7 times-51
Gain 3 Enchantment items-51
Gain 1 Combining Catalyst or Gain 9 Relics-51
Invest 20 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 20 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder or buy 10 Knowledge Points-51
Gain 7 Vision Vapor-51
Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times-51
Produce Beverages 15 times-54
Gain a big amount of Supplies-54
Gain a huge amount of Coins-54
Produce Bread 7 times-54
Produce Beverages 13 times-54
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [3 hrs] 7 times-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [3 hrs] 6 times-54
Produce Beverages 15 times-54
Spend 20 Knowledge Points-54
Gain a big amount of Supplies-54
Research 1 technology or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher-54
Produce Bread 7 times-54
Produce Beverages 13 times-54
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [1 day] 4 times-54
Give Neighborly Help 3 times-48
Place 3 trade offers-57
Invest 25 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 25 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder-57
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [9 hrs] 6 times-57
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [1 day] 7 times-57
Place 3 trade offers-57
Use Pet Food 2 times or Use enchantments 2 times-57
Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 16 or higher-57
Complete 2 Provinces-57
Gain 4 Enchantment items-57
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [2 days] 3 times-57
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [3 hrs] 5 times-57
Accept 4 Player or Wholesaler trade offers-60
Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 30 Tournament Encounters-60
Spend 25 Knowledge Points-60
Buy 15 Knowledge Points-60
Gain 2 Combining Catalysts or Gain 12 Relics-60
Produce Simple Tools 15 times-60
Produce Advanced Tools 6 times-60
Produce Basket of Groceries 8 times-60
Solve 6 Encounters or Solve 30 Tournament Encounters-60
Gain a big amount of Supplies-60
Produce Advanced Tools 6 times-60
Produce Toolboxes 6 times-60
Accept 4 Player or Wholesaler trade offers-60
Gain 9 Vision Vapor-60
Buy 15 Knowledge Points-60
Produce Bread 7 times-60
Produce Toolboxes 6 times-60
Produce Beverages 15 times-62
Produce Bread 9 times-62
Research 1 technology or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 16 or higher-62
Gain 11 Vision Vapor-62
Gain 2 Combining Catalysts or Gain 14 Relics-62
Invest 30 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 30 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder-62
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [9 hrs] 7 times-62
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [3 hrs] 8 times-62
Gain 700 Spell Fragments-62
Gain a huge amount of Coins-62
Gain 11 Vision Vapor-62
Complete 2 Provinces-62
Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times-62
Produce Advanced Tools 7 times-62
Produce Toolboxes 5 times-62
Gain 700 Spell Fragments-62
Research 1 technology or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 16 or higher-62
Gain 11 Vision Vapor-62
Complete 2 Provinces-62
Produce Basket of Groceries 5 times-62
Produce Toolboxes 5 times-62
Produce Simple Tools 19 times-64
Produce Beverages 25 times-64
Gain 900 Spell Fragments-64
Complete 2 Provinces-64
Scout 1 Province or Upgrade 2 buildings to level 16 or higher-64
Gain 15 Vision Vapor-64
Spend 30 Knowledge Points-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [9 hrs] 9 times-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [3 hrs] 5 times-64
Gain 6 Enchantment items-64
Invest 40 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 40 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder-64
Solve 10 Encounters or Solve 50 Tournament Encounters-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [2 days] 5 times-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [1 day] 9 times-64
Gain 900 Spell Fragments-64
Invest 40 Knowledge Points into your Ancient Wonder or invest 40 Knowledge Points into another player’s Ancient Wonder-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [9 hrs] 9 times-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [1 day] 9 times-64
Recruit a stack of Units-64
Produce [Tier 1 Boost] [3 hrs] 7 times-64

DeletedUser1163

Please explain to me why the event ended in Beta. It's not August 16 yet in the U.S.A.

Calenmir

I very much love how the event is pushed out as 'endless' and to play all you want, so long as the event timer hasn't completed we'll keep sending you quests. Then someone (or two someone's) come along and say don't do it, but if you do it's your own fault because you should know when to stop. How are we supposed to KNOW what the quests are? How are we supposed to know that for 5 days straight you'll get hit with clear 2 provinces? There is NO list. So I do the first one. Then ok, you do another. Then a few quests later there is it again. Don't put this on the player. This is Inno - seeing if they can push me into putting out cash. I'll remind you, as is often reminded to us - that this is beta. We are the testers. If we stop playing, as you suggest, then who does your testing?

And without the Daily prize there is no other way to get the coral (or whatever item happens to fall in your city depending on the event). So there are great buildings you can't get unless you continue playing. There is absolutely no reason for the sequence of quests that cycled through my city at the end today - or the ones cycling through my one city on the live server. Today, in beta, I got a produce 4 luxury armchairs - so I picked up 4 of the 6 I happened to have. Collected my coral and I'll bet you'll never guess what the next quest was - yep produce 9 luxury armchairs. So it's clear what the point of this type of play is.

I don't appreciate being forced to stop playing because of some arbitrary cycle of quests.

Marindor

Hi @calenmir ,

I don't appreciate being forced to stop playing because of some arbitrary cycle of quests.

Could you explain this a bit more please? Because the way the event is setup now, you're not forced to do anything. The way it used to be, you were forced to stop, because the quests would just end and all there was left to do for you was pick up some occasional corals in your city and/or spend some diamonds for more corals, but no other ways to get the last evolution stones than that. It was pretty hard capped by the quests just ending. Do you prefer that?

Right now, it's up to you how much effort you want to keep putting in, even after getting your reward building at level 10. I'm not saying it's smart to keep pushing, but at least it's now your own choice to decide on when you think paying more effort (either resources/time/provinces etc) is not worth the gains anymore. And of course please keep in mind that these last quest cycles are meant to be tough. That's why they are basically meant for the really active players, to give them a challenge to get these latest evolution stones without needing to spend premium or being very dependent of luck.

So instead of having this choice yourself, would you rather have back the old situation and just be hard capped by a specific number of quests?