• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

Deleted User - 56274

I do, but again 900 adds up to a lot :) And yes, VV is another that should be limited.

Arthus

On live polish version we are already out of things to make 900 spell fragments, out of vision vapor making possibilities and out of provinces.

Nice quests. All these should be limited but it wouldn't be P2W then.

DeletedUser2899

this is a nice new feature, the culture actually written. And i like the random quests, rather than the sequential and i also like the fact it's never ending...
upload_2019-8-8_2-54-12.png

edeba

But by getting to the 64 corals it is around where you can get the mermaid fully evolved. It seems to me this new way of doing it really opens up the ability to get further than in the past.

I like the quest expiring idea, but I like a skip quest timer better. A skippable time barrier to get past a quest is a really great idea. It would mean that no one is just stopped because of the level differences or just because they don't want to do what the game is forcing/pushing them to do in order to participate. They could even doing an increasing timeline on them expiring, say 1 day for the first one, and you don't use it unless you click the button, and then go up by 6-12 hours. It would also mean the ability to skip is limited, so they'd have to be used wisely.

Well, the 64 currency are just as bad as the previous - more spell fragments and more complete 2 provinces. I guess I'll see how often they repeat and determine how much more I'll do. It wouldn't be so bad if they expired and gave a new quest after 2 days or something.
produce toolboxes x5
produce simple tools x19
produce beverages x25
Gain 900 spell fragments
complete 2 provinces
scout 1 provinces or upgrade 2 buildings to 16+

Deleted User - 56274

But by getting to the 64 corals it is around where you can get the mermaid fully evolved. It seems to me this new way of doing it really opens up the ability to get further than in the past.

I like the quest expiring idea, but I like a skip quest timer better. A skippable time barrier to get past a quest is a really great idea. It would mean that no one is just stopped because of the level differences or just because they don't want to do what the game is forcing/pushing them to do in order to participate. They could even doing an increasing timeline on them expiring, say 1 day for the first one, and you don't use it unless you click the button, and then go up by 6-12 hours. It would also mean the ability to skip is limited, so they'd have to be used wisely.
I did make the suggestion - https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/decline-or-skip-a-quest.13416/
Hopefully the listen to some of the feedback.
I like the idea of the unlimited quests, I find the implementation leaves a lot to be desired. I would like to see quests able to be skipped to at least some extent. I would also prefer to see the currency given for any particular quest based on the relative difficulty whether cost or time rather than based on how many quests you have completed.

DeletedUser2993

If these quests are randomly selected then what I am experiencing seems pretty unfair. I am currently in the 57 coral quests and I have completed a quest for 3 X 2 day Tier 1 goods followed by a quest for 7 X 1 day Tier 1 goods. I can accept that, but it starts becoming unfair when I now receive the same 3 x 2 day Tier 1 goods quest and it is still only worth 57 corals. 2 day builds seriously reduce the number of quests you can complete and for any person to receive two of them in one level disadvantages them severely if other players can equally receive none from a random distribution. If you are going to randomly assign tasks then they should not disadvantage one player more than another. I have been four days unable to progress in the quests due to this. Other people at the same level have not even received a two day build quest and consequently are way ahead of me in quest completion.

If quests are to be randomly assigned from a selection then each quest should only be assigned once per level of corals. That would mean that every player receives the same quests but in different orders.

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

I set up 6x2 day and 15x1day. I got a lot of complete 2 province quests. I got fairly close together 9x1day and then 4 or 5 x1 day, so much so that I increased to 18 x 1 day.

If these quests are randomly selected then what I am experiencing seems pretty unfair. I am currently in the 57 coral quests and I have completed a quest for 3 X 2 day Tier 1 goods followed by a quest for 7 X 1 day Tier 1 goods. I can accept that, but it starts becoming unfair when I now receive the same 3 x 2 day Tier 1 goods quest and it is still only worth 57 corals. 2 day builds seriously reduce the number of quests you can complete and for any person to receive two of them in one level disadvantages them severely if other players can equally receive none from a random distribution. If you are going to randomly assign tasks then they should not disadvantage one player more than another.

If quests are to be randomly assigned from a selection then each quest should only be assigned once per level of corals. That would mean that every player receives the same quests but in different orders.

DeletedUser724

if u are addressing corel 64 zone ( I think it is the last reward zones)
quest are 5 X 2 days T1...
it mean u need to set up 10x2days ( allow to run twice , may become a daily cycles of quests)

Brummbaer

The "complete 2 provinces" is the dead lock
93 hours to scout one province, and a time booster is possible but waste of resources for some corals to get a small reward

palmira

The "complete 2 provinces" is the dead lock
93 hours to scout one province, and a time booster is possible but waste of resources for some corals to get a small reward

Yes, the bummer is that task and I have been having that one all the time now :(

edeba

Have 20x2 on beta now, but just not the room on live.

if u are addressing corel 64 zone ( I think it is the last reward zones)
quest are 5 X 2 days T1...
it mean u need to set up 10x2days ( allow to run twice , may become a daily cycles of quests)

DeletedUser2899

i still like the revolving quests, i'm working on my 2nd building. the first building was chapter 2 and the second is chapter 3, which is a windfall, for such a young account.... :)
upload_2019-8-10_11-17-57.png

Attachments

• upload_2019-8-10_11-14-39.png
    upload_2019-8-10_11-14-39.png
    571.6 KB · Views: 96

maxiqbert

Pardon me if this has been posted already - has anyone done the math to see how many corals are required to fully evolve the Mermaid?
no answer to this yet, so here are my 2 cents
- best pearl/coral rate is with the 18 corals chest. I use the assumption that the player opens this chest when available, then mostly the 85, 29, 57 or 142. the others are just no good from this perspective
- you neeed 9 artefacts ( level 1 to start with +9 artefacts = level 10)
- you need 20 pearls for the first artefact, then 40 pearls for each new artefact, so 20 + 8*40 = 340 pearls
- using the method given above (18 chest before any other) and accounting with the probability to gain more corals, the average cost is 23 corals per pearl.
so 340 * 23 = 7820 corals total.
Go for 8000 to be sure :)

DeletedUser2899

ok, so I noticed in Beta, the workshops and tool making buildings are showing culture, which is really awesome, but are we not getting credit culture for coin/tools in the live game?
upload_2019-8-10_23-28-29.png
upload_2019-8-10_23-29-8.png

palmira

I don't know if is only me being unlucky but I get complete 2 provinces 75% of the time on beta and 100% live for task 4 on the "random" tasks for 64 corals. On beta is not that bad I could speed some scouting as it takes around 2d to scout one province but live is a complete game stopper as I am over 5d to scout a province. Anyone having the same?