• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

DeletedUser2443

I like it, if there are completely useless daily Prices at the first days. So i can collect more event ressources for the prices i want to have.

lika1961

I don't mind the new repeating quest system. Unfortunately today is about the 4th time I get the "buy 15 KP" quest. No thank you. This is where the event ends for me. Let's see how far I can get with just picking up corals.

Also, do we need to talk again about coin and supply spells as rewards? I should think not, but apparently Inno still doesn't believe that we don't dance around with excitement when we see these. No, really, we don't!

Jaxom

Glad I quit this event. As a end-tech players the main reward is useless and these daily prizes don't deserve putting in any effort.

We still need a better means of getting rid of obsolete event buildings than disenchantment. I have far too many Spell Fragments and nothing to use them on. Good crafting buildings are too rare and Portal Profits are about all I like to make. So this event is not motivating me at all.

Deleted User - 56274

I don't mind the new repeating quest system. Unfortunately today is about the 4th time I get the "buy 15 KP" quest. No thank you. This is where the event ends for me. Let's see how far I can get with just picking up corals.

Also, do we need to talk again about coin and supply spells as rewards? I should think not, but apparently Inno still doesn't believe that we don't dance around with excitement when we see these. No, really, we don't!
I have suggested this on live when doing quest examination but I feel the BUY KP quest needs to be switched to the GAIN KP quest where it can be fulfilled by KP gains from carting libraries, AWs and the passive hourly KP gain rather than always buying stupid KP because I also hate buying KP.

--I think the random repetition may also make some of the 'problematic' quests even more so. I term some quests problematic because they can be a huge resource drain depending where you are.
Examples include complete encounter/tourney encounter quests, the Buy KP, and potentially upgrade buildings and complete provinces. The reason I find complete x encounter/y tourney encounter quests problematic is not that they are difficult, but for the Solstice seasonal event we had a grand total of 104 encounters - on live my cities are in half-way through chapter 6, I am well above the # or completed provinces required to advance to the next chapter. Doing tourneys - well the minimum is 25 - I typically do 5-6 tourney provinces at my current level as 7 or more wipes me out troops and goods wise (and yes I cater more than fight as I loathe their battle interface and auto-fighting doesn't work right half the time.) So if this quest occurs in its higher forms more than a few times it becomes more of a burden for earlier chapter players. Again this is why I do advocate for a skip quest button because it does allow the player some leeway in how much strain they are placing on their city.

I don't mind supply or even stupid coin rain on the 18 point chest.... but the 3 * or 5 * chest I get really fussy about what is in them.

Last edited by a moderator:

edeba

Yeah, I did not like some of the prizes that came up with the 3 and 5 chests and really felt I'd wasted my corals.

I don't mind supply or even stupid coin rain on the 18 point chest.... but the 3 * or 5 * chest I get really fussy about what is in them.

Brummbaer

How does this fit?

Your recomendation was: do not overscout !!!

Now the quest permanently ask for: COMPLETE ONE OR TWO PRIVINCE/S Without an alternative

:(

Last edited:

DeletedUser2443

At Live i have no need for this useless price:
upload_2019-7-30_1-15-15.png
and i only produce the CCs, the others are from the tournaments/NH-chests/Events
But i'm an endgamer so it might be different for other players.

DeletedUser1953

@Yogi Dave I would have never waste a RR spell for a building such as a unicorn. Moreover there is a lot of upgrading during the event (on beta I'm already on third round of the final quest circle).
I have prepared two houses lv 13.
Better to use armory for human, faster and only use gold & supplies.
Time to upgrade to level 14 (the order does not change with level 16, it only increases time)
"61840""G_Elves_FactoryWood"
"66820""G_Elves_FactoryStone"
"108800""G_Elves_FactoryMetal"
"129180""O_Humans_Armory"
"130780""G_Humans_FactoryStone"
"133020""O_Elves_Armory"
"152060""G_Humans_FactoryMetal"
"167300""G_Humans_FactoryWood"
"171010""R_Elves_Residential"
"215230""R_Humans_Residential"

It is abnormal that the quest are the same for elf & human, elf are 2x faster for this quest !

edeba

I've been getting complete 2 provinces quite a few times, I think 5-6 times so far so that's 10-12 open provinces. I have expansions to earn here on beta and I am one province from getting my second expansion since this event started. But on live I don't need or want to do or open more provinces. I've always disliked this quest immensely and it will limit my participation on live. There seems to always be a stick forcing you to play your game in a way your don't want with these events or forfeit the event. I just don't like this.

How does this fit?

Your recomendation was: do not overscout !!!

Now the quest permanently ask for: COMPLETE ONE OR TWO PRIVINCE/S Without an alternative

:(

DeletedUser

Is the chance to get a quest from the quest pool always the same ? I would hope that quests like "complete 2 provinces" don't appear equally as "produce something" quests. I had some provinces saved up after last event but just like edeba after getting the "complete 2 provinces" & "Solve 10 Encounters or ..." several times I now have none left and have to wait 8+ days for scout to finish twice to have 2 provinces available again. So basically my event is over. :(

Please give us an alternative for the "complete 2 provinces" so we don't have to keep over scouting or make it so that you only can get such a quest a few times. :eek:

DeletedUser724

u can use "speed up" to force your scout to do faster scouting

i get 3 no royal-bed, i have to wait 2 days when i meet it
i am afriad, how many royal bed will i encountered.....

Heymrdiedier

i think both of you are at the ned quest cycle now, they added quests in there to delibeatly slow you down, if those werent in place we would all end up with 50k corals.
That being said i also dont like the provinces thingie, forcing us to do something we maybe dont want (yet). Cant we have collect 10 CC instead? (equally slowing unless if you can get many from spire now)

DeletedUser1953

If I use instants each time I need to scout (80+hrs) I would end up with no instants before event is over, that's no option ! :eek:
I would rather prefer an alternative or a very low probability to get that quest.
80h is absurd in first place !

DeletedUser724

complete 2 provinces could have alternative complete 20 tourny provinces

this is a easy task for me.....May be inno has spy my city hoods
I only do 7/8 provinces, leaving 1 sector incomplete
currently i am trying scout far away area and leaving close-by area un-scout

they are purposely prepared for those quests "scouting"

it appear my arrangement currently help a little bit lol

but i do prefer to have a reasonable alternative...
it is not every 1 prepare especially those "new player" who do not familiar with the crudity of inno