• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Summer Mermaids Event

Angeduciel

After a little over a week into the event, here’s my feedback:

Buildings in rewards: Last event I had complain about too many recycled buildings… this time, I have seen very nice-looking new buildings and I am happy about that. I just wish they would be more performant but that is another story.

Quests randomness: at first, I thought this was going to be a nice change. But then I hated that new system, because I realised how much I really enjoyed the planning part of an event, trying to anticipate as much as I could. Even if I dislike the randomness, I was able to reach the final stage already so I guess, it isn’t that bad. Not as fun but doable.

For the quests themselves, I feel they are too many road blocks for players having reached the end of the tech tree, and for which unlocking a new tech, scouting, completing provinces or upgrading buildings to level 16+ are very bad options. It removes all the fun and motivation! Alternative should be given, such as very long productions. At least once the event is done, we sell the unnecessary manufactures without leaving any permanent traces such as increased price to buy a KP, more completed provinces that we don’t need, and having to build an upgrade unwanted building to such a high level.

Unlimited quests: seems to be a very nice opportunity for Inno to make more money as players will need to “control” themselves not to spend too much money to accelerate their gameplay in order to win more and more corals.

Ange

Dony

King of Bugs
Unlimited quests: seems to be a very nice opportunity for Inno to make more money as players will need to “control” themselves not to spend too much money to accelerate their gameplay in order to win more and more corals.
i believe they will lose money and not gain by this change
buidling which they offers on first day has no value now compared to set amount of quest we had before, they actually need to buff it
nobody needs to buy packages to get more corals since you just can do quests all over again and since getting evolving building to stage 10 is very easy now, artifact lost its value aswell, and i hope i wont see MM artifacts in next challenge

Potvorisko

I like this new system, it needs some little improvements fot the players at the end, but still - if you want you can play it until you have the final prize. If not, no body could make you to do it. Love this one :) Thank you :)

edeba

I think how they make money is make a building so attractive, people want 2...

So say a building that accumulates goods at least at the equivalent rate of manufactures set at 3 hour collections and has a 1 day early collection, but will accumulate for up to a week hours. You decide what it produces with relics, which only work until you collect, so you have to use relics to reset it.

And it give it some culture/population, maybe just culture...

i believe they will lose money and not gain by this change
buidling which they offers on first day has no value now compared to set amount of quest we had before, they actually need to buff it
nobody needs to buy packages to get more corals since you just can do quests all over again and since getting evolving building to stage 10 is very easy now, artifact lost its value aswell, and i hope i wont see MM artifacts in next challenge

residentevil

How many Admiral Altar need, 4 or 7?
Sin título 1.jpg

Dony

King of Bugs
I think how they make money is make a building so attractive, people want 2...

So say a building that accumulates goods at least at the equivalent rate of manufactures set at 3 hour collections and has a 1 day early collection, but will accumulate for up to a week hours. You decide what it produces with relics, which only work until you collect, so you have to use relics to reset it.

And it give it some culture/population, maybe just culture...
i meant building which they offer for 8 bucks for +1 event currency
if you are limited to get max 5k event currency and building gives 500 over the course of event its 10% from overall
if you can collect 50k event currency but building still gives +1 and gives you 500 over the course of event its 1% from overall but cost the same amount of money to buy

DeletedUser

Hello and all the best for the current event!

I find the idea of endless Quests, where quests are randomly drawn from a task pool, very interesting. What I just wonder, how coincidental is this and will active players who have managed to get 80-100% of the grand prize in previous events, now also manage this event?

Yes, that's just beta and Inno is currently testing that. My objective feedback:

There are more and more quests in this event where you need to buy knowledge points and acquire spell fragments. Buy KP can be very difficult especially for small players (few coins, few goods). But even for bigger players it gets pretty expensive, even if you - like me on Sinya Arda - only buy KP for events. And even for players on Chapter I - II, it can be very difficult to get spell fragments, outside of Beta, maybe even for players who are farther. On Beta, there's the Spire of Eternity from Chapter III, so it can be mastered well.

The sudden one-day productions certainly make one or the other player a challenge, but I think that's alright. I have already built a few extra factories that only do 1-day productions. ... You can adjust to that during the tournament as well. Goes long enough.

Good that there is the beta. So you can prepare players on normal servers for the assignment of ancient knowledge. If you do not have 25 Ancient Knowledge in stock, 25 points are really tough. ...

So far my opinion. Will of course continue to gain experience and possibly write something again.

Deleted User - 56274

AW KP - Monument of Ancient Knowledge grants 3 KP daily so having a couple of those down will get you enough. I agree that changes should be made to the Gain KP quest. I haven't had it yet, but it is one that does get costly.

DeletedUser

Really? The monument of Ancient Knowledge? ... 3 KP per day help a little at 25 KP to spend. ... And if you do not want to put all your knowledge points for research in Ancient Wonders for a day, you have keep up some from the tournament. :)

Lovec Krys

And when you're at the final stage, you can get:
Invest 40 KP into AW
followed by
Spend 30 KP :)
(That's at least valid for end Halfings/ Early elemental city).

Heymrdiedier

There are more and more quests in this event where you need to buy knowledge points and acquire spell fragments. Buy KP can be very difficult especially for small players (few coins, few goods). But even for bigger players it gets pretty expensive, even if you - like me on Sinya Arda - only buy KP for events. And even for players on Chapter I - II, it can be very difficult to get spell fragments, outside of Beta, maybe even for players who are farther. On Beta, there's the Spire of Eternity from Chapter III, so it can be mastered well.

buying KP is one of the few quests i dont have a problem with. If you're very small (chapter 1-2) they should still be very cheap. If you are bigger, you should be able to get lots of coins to buy kp by just doing neighbourly help on all your neighbours.

gain spell fragments, im not sure about yet. there comes a time when you dont have anything to disenchant anymore i think (tho im still far from it), but my main question is what are we supposed to do with all those fragments. at the current speed of events coming and the amount of quests asking for you to gain more. Theres no way i can ever get out of fragments anymore, unless if we would maybe start crafting useless stuff

Dony

King of Bugs
gain spell fragments, im not sure about yet. there comes a time when you dont have anything to disenchant anymore i think (tho im still far from it), but my main question is what are we supposed to do with all those fragments. at the current speed of events coming and the amount of quests asking for you to gain more. Theres no way i can ever get out of fragments anymore, unless if we would maybe start crafting useless stuff
i have just adjusted my strategy to disenchant only during events, same as world map provinces
i am also crafting everything usefull to me now and it works perfetcly (all time boosters, KP, AWKP, combat building, portal profits, shards to AWKP, BP - RSS, pet foods), every day atleast 2-3 usefull recipes and i have run out of spell fragments and CC i had on live (even tho i have maybe 1 milion left in buildings and spells to disenchant)

Heymrdiedier

i have just adjusted my strategy to disenchant only during events, same as world map provinces
i am also crafting everything usefull to me now and it works perfetcly (all time boosters, KP, AWKP, combat building, portal profits, shards to AWKP, BP - RSS, pet foods), every day atleast 2-3 usefull recipes and i have run out of spell fragments and CC i had on live (even tho i have maybe 1 milion left in buildings and spells to disenchant)
i was allready doing that for a long time, only completing provinces when quest asks for it, or when i cant get further in research tree because im short of completed provinces (yea have this all the time :p). Disenchanting only when quest asks for it or when i dont have enough to craft what i want (running out hs been a long time now). crafting everything i cant do tho, i make CC 24/7 and i run out if i only make pet food, combat buildings and RRS when i get them, so i cant actually craft more then i do now (on live)

DeletedUser1163

I’m starting to see something in Elvenar that could push me away from the game. The events are starting to give me no alternative but to spend diamonds, if I want to complete the quests. I’m up to “Research 1 technology or Upgrade 2 (not 1), 2 buildings to level 14 or higher.” I upgraded 1 but not able to upgrade another until I get unstuck on the tech tree. I’m in the Orcs chapter and still cannot finish research until those goblins produce more mushrooms and the Orcs go on more raids. Ugh, so frustrating are some of these events.

Working on building a new residence. It’s up to level 6 now. Hoping to get it to level 14 before the event is over.

Deleted User - 56274

I’m starting to see something in Elvenar that could push me away from the game. The events are starting to give me no alternative but to spend diamonds, if I want to complete the quests. I’m up to “Research 1 technology or Upgrade 2 (not 1), 2 buildings to level 14 or higher.” I upgraded 1 but not able to upgrade another until I get unstuck on the tech tree. I’m in the Orcs chapter and still cannot finish research until those goblins produce more mushrooms and the Orcs go on more raids. Ugh, so frustrating are some of these events.

Working on building a new residence. It’s up to level 6 now. Hoping to get it to level 14 before the event is over.
Electra, it is why I do think discussing the quests in the events is important. I think the random/repeatable questline and the elimination of the daily quest can really create a hard impasse for players to gain currency.
If you subscribe to the theory that certain quests are in place to slow down the accumulation of event currency that presumes a certain max time per quest. Personally given the 2 day production builds I would work from the assumption that 48 hours is the maximum time a quest should take.

I have been tracking the quests I get and I plan to track the quests I get on the live worlds (maybe even with an accumulated total of currency). Just so I can weigh the pros and cons. For me, nearly all my cities are in chapter 6 so I cannot weigh the difficulties certain quests may present at higher level cities. I do know the randomness if there isn't a sleep or termination timer on certain quests (looking at the build, scout, Buy KP, encounter/tourney and complete province quests) because of the time or resource costs those quests can accumulate toward makes them... less optimal to perform.

This is one of the reasons I would like to see the quests in this new format be able to be declined/skipped. I feel there are ways to off-set the gain players would have by skipping certain quests whether it's a reduction in currency gained for a time or a sleep timer on gaining a new quest until the average time the skipped quest takes players has passed before a new quest is presented. It would still allow players to progress without draining their resources completely or being blocked for various reasons.

Heymrdiedier

ooh i never considered spending diamonds on a quest before. this is an interesting train of tought, what if i spend diamonds to skip the complete 2 provinces quests, just to be able to get more corals and thus more diamonds....

only i wouldnt know how to skip that quest with diamonds, speeding up scouts?

Deleted User - 56274

How many should I have ?? keep push me to get "rubbish" from crafting...
I don't understand your question - vision vapor is gained from crafting through the magic academy and how much you get is dependent upon what you craft and what level the MA is at.

Okay - Quest list - it hasn't been too bad

Produce Wooden Chest x3
Produce Wooden chest x4
produce simple tools x7
collect 400 spell fragments
20KP to an AW
solve 5 encounters or 25 tourney encounters
produce basket of groceries x5
produce advanced tools x8
produce simple tools x7
gain 3 enchantment items
gain 1 combining catalyst or 9 relics
20KP to an AW
Gain 7 vision vapor
produce basket of groceries x5
produce beverages x15
Collect a big amount of supplies
collect a big amount of coins
produce bread x7
produce beverages x13
produce wooden figurine x7
produce wooden figurine x6
produce beverages x15
Spend 20 KP
gain a big amount of supplies (88.8 k)
Research 1 technology or upgrade 2 buildings to level 14 or higher
Produce bread x7
produce beverages x13
Produce luxury armchair x4
Give Neighborly help x3
Place 5 trade offers
Donate 25 KP to an AW
produce wooden chest x6
produce luxury armchair x7
place 3 trade offers
use pet food or enchantments twice
scout 1 province or upgrade 2 buildings level 16 or higher
complete 2 provinces
gain 4 enchantment items
produce royal beds x3
produce wooden figurines x5
accept 4 trade offers
Solve 6 encounters or 30 tournament encounters
spend 25 kp
buy 15 kp
gain 2 combining catalyst or 12 relics

produce simple tools x15
produce advanced tools x9
Produce basket of groceries x8
Solve 6 encounters or 30 tournament encounters

Color coding - red for the bugged quest
Other colors for eh quests that could cause difficulties.

Combining catalysts - these can be difficult, right now on beta I cannot craft them as I do not have enough relics. I know this is more of an issue for smaller players vs. larger ones.
The encounter/tourney encounters the 30 is a little higher than I like to go for one tourney round at this point, but doable. Doing the encounters themselves, no problem except that I'm getting to the point where I have more than is required for opening the next chapter, which means they start costing me a lot more than I really want to pay.
The other colored ones are ones that could be problematic for various reasons.

edeba

So, now we need "magic" artifacts" for things like the FA. We all have event buildings needing specific artifacts and no way to further improve them unless there is an event with their specific artifact, so if we could win "magic" artifacts people could use them where they need them.