• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Other Storyline basics

DeletedUser

I love a good storyline in a game. But to create them, there are a lot of things to do first:

What are the basic conditions?

Similarities:
- both races uses towns and magic
- both have a own religion (priest, sorceress)
- the used energy form could be the same (blue color)

Differences:
- humans uses armor and elves not
- steel is human, wood elve
- the usage of metal is very different

A good storyline create a statement why both races have the varieties . In the real civilization this have often a real background... war, illness, economic reasons, ...

A war starts often when a resource seldom, but all need it, or by religious fanatic ideas. The second is interesting, but dangerous (real world mistakes) and not really practical for a browser game.

Asks:
Why are two races in this world? Usually one group (the strongest) kills the others, but in this case this was not happened? Why? Is there a ultra strong third thing that don`t allow this? Or live the two races in separate areas who are not interesting for the other race? Or have every race a unique thing, but both need it?
What are the historic background? How old are the races...
Future plans? Expansion, only defensive....
Who controls the races? A king, democratic style...
What is with the province units? Why are they different? Why have they relics? What are relics exactly?
How large is the world? A isle or a continent? Are there other intelligent living forms out there?

Asks about asks....

DeletedUser

A possible reason why both races lives together:

Thousands of years in the past:
Some Elves reaches the continent Elvenar. They are from a other continent and searching a new world, because the old world was destroyed by a gigantic Vulcan eruption.
In this first years Elvenar was not a really good continent, but the Elves can survives there. Some of the elves learn to do magic and controls later the environment. So they created a litte better world. But they are depended from the woods. So they learn to live in harmonic with the environment. Iron and metal are known, but they don`t like it. The producing of metal destroy the forest/nature and this decreases the living conditions.

Some hundreds years later a small group of humans arrived the continent Elvenar, too. But from another side, so both races have in the first some hundred years no contact. Some of them learned magic, too. They began to control the weather.
Both races grows now, because both had now better living conditions. Some large cities were build and each race build a huge capital town.

Some years later both races collide and a great war starts. Thousands of thousands people died.... and both races lost the magic control about the weather. The environmental conditions chances dramatically. On each side some intelligent magicians discover the connection and stops the forces. So the great war ends.

After this time there was never a great war again, only some local wars.

DeletedUser

This is not a storyline, this is lore Denali. The storyline is what happens in the story (So our cities which we create.) Lore is what has happened in the past and explains about the world we explore. If your story is worked out and chapters are hidden in the world and techs it would make it much more interesting.

DeletedUser

This is not a storyline, this is lore Denali.
My english is not perfect enough to detect the small differences between a storyline and a lore. :) So i asked now dicct.cc. A lore is always in the past, so your description is correct. But a storyline can be both.

I think now that Innogames search some new "actual" things to put this into a click able story. So you have right... but a good storyline needs sometimes a good lore :)... so why not give Elvenar both?

If innogames had an interests to create a lore, than please change the title to lore of Elvenar. Otherwise please close.

DeletedUser

Don't worry, English is my second language too. I have a good lore idea(My opinion) Magic needs a source right? Let's give the world some gods? Good, neutral and evil gods, it would suit with the subraces. The big war was caused when the good/evil god(s) gained too much power and this shift caused the Arañen war. Afterwards the gods decided that the people of Elvanar can't get all the blessings they asked for. I don't know how a storyline concerning the player directly.

Warning: This post may be changed.

DeletedUser

D I have a good lore idea(My opinion) Magic needs a source right? Let's give the world some gods?

It is a good idea.
But at the moment we don`t know something about innogames statement to this idea. It make no sense to invest time into a thing without the thump up from the devs. Usually they have there own ideas. But I am not sure. The-West as example don`t have a real known background story. All what we know is, that the creator loves the real wild west and so the game have a lot of hidden massages with real live content. Excample: a womens name is Maria Roalstad. Roalstad is not a real name but chancing the letter make: a old star. One old story/quest gives a connection to Belle Starr, so this woman is in my eyes Belle Starr. Later other Devs created new things to the game, but they never loved the old wild west and hide hidden storys. So the game lost the rare thoughtfulness.

DeletedUser

You are right, but I know a Dutch saying which I like.
Hoop doet leven.
It means that if you have any hope it makes living worthwhile. I don't know what the English version is.