• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Squad size and tournament cater cost

Karvest

I finally have an answer for you on this.
On Beta, I went from
1251 SS to
1359 SS
That is an ~8% increase in squad size.
My costs to cater in provinces 9&19 went up on average 16%:eek:
So no, the increase isn't linear, it might be twice as bad....
Next mandatory SS is #37, a few techs away, and I'll test it again then.
I took some stats last tourney for 15 provinces. Have only needles and martial monastery AW.
Created a bit ugly pastebin with details.
tl;dr - SS 231=>285 (x1.234) cause cater cost growth with ~same amount)

SoggyShorts

That's better, hopefully my next results are similar.
One possibility as to why mine were so different may be because I also crossed that line where suddenly I need orcs to cater as well. Perhaps there is a jump in all around catering costs wherever that line is. (we have it narrowed down to somewhere between SS of 1251 and 1284 I think)

Heymrdiedier

That's better, hopefully my next results are similar.
One possibility as to why mine were so different may be because I also crossed that line where suddenly I need orcs to cater as well. Perhaps there is a jump in all around catering costs wherever that line is. (we have it narrowed down to somewhere between SS of 1251 and 1284 I think)

Ive done my own research, and squad size influence on tournament is quite linear.
For every 1000 in squadsize you gain, you gain 50 troops per squad on province 1 in tournament.

That being said, the squadsize range elemental chapter included, goes from 1800 to a max of 2800, thats a big range. So someone who skipped all optional squad techs has a squadsize op 90 on minimum, and 140 at maximum.
Thats means 55% more expensive if you dindt skip anything. thats enough to consider restarting in the game and skipping all optionals this time.

Karvest

tournament squad size = 5%*<№ of province>*<regular squad size>
That's known info. Here we try to get how squad size affect cater costs, which are not linear. At least they have different stages with different goods needed.

SoggyShorts

another unexpected change is that the goods types can be different.
before ss tech asks for xxxx planks and after asks for xxxx marble

DeletedUser332

another unexpected change is that the goods types can be different.
before ss tech asks for xxxx planks and after asks for xxxx marble

It seems likely that adjusting squad size mid-tournament simply reshuffles all the catering costs to account for the new size. Cater costs from what I've seen have a fairly sizable range in what they can ask for (I've seen five digits around province 10 and under four digits of the same good in province 20), so it may be quite a while before anything concrete can be nailed down, if at all. The permanence of a squad size increase is a big wrinkle as well - you can't just go back and undo it to see how it affects things the next time around.

Karvest

Another one SS upgrade 285 (11/18) => 342 (12/19) pastebin.
Seems when switching cater goods types (probably on ss=300 no more supplies needed) costs become even lower