• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Research Spread out the upgrade techs

SoggyShorts

For almost every upgrade tech unlocked you get 2-4 levels all at once. This means that a lot of the cool animations and designs are never seen.
I just unlocked Barracks upgrades 30,31,32, and 33. Each level is really cool looking, but ultimately wasted as I am upgrading the building to max ASAP (as most players will)

The fix is to do what was done in chapter 13 with residences and workshops: Give 1 level upgrade at a time in the tech tree.
Instead of 100KP + 30,000 goods to unlock all 4 levels of a building, make it 25 KP and 7,500 goods to unlock each level and spread them around the tech tree.

DeletedUser

I sort of like that idea, but only if we can get rid of the mandatory Squad Size Upgrade in later chapters. Those kind of research only hurt us in the tournaments, and give no benefit at all in conquering provinces when you’ve reach the max of 457 for province expansions.

SoggyShorts

I sort of like that idea, but only if we can get rid of the mandatory Squad Size Upgrade in later chapters. Those kind of research only hurt us in the tournaments, and give no benefit at all in conquering provinces when you’ve reach the max of 457 for province expansions.
While I agree about the SS techs, I don't see how they would have any impact on this idea.

DeletedUser

While I agree about the SS techs, I don't see how they would have any impact on this idea.

You want more researches in the tree: splitting up the levels for residences, workshops, military buildings, factories....
That would mean a lot more research, so I like this idea but only when it replaces some other researches, like SS techs.

DeletedUser1657

I like the concept your trying to solve but am unsure it will solve it. We are likely to end up with much more KP and costs for the same techs or if the techs are split in 2 and the costs halved, then I could still get to the later level techs fairly soon.

Is an alternate option to just put a lock timer on upgrades, so you can't upgrade it for 5 days or something? (not saying I really like this option either)

Marindor

This is already done in our last chapter. We have no intention of adjusting this in previous chapters, so I'll now archive this thread :)