• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Heffernan

anything new would be exciting, but at this stage so many questions spring to mind...

goblets from tournament - someplace else too ?
brewed in academy - if those 12 ingredients named earlier belong to this feature how to get them, do you need some academy stuff also ?
something else needed perhaps ?

i'm not expecting answers, just wondering if it gets too longwinded (too many steps) compared to effects that you get.

Prueba2

I had hoped we would get some announcement about the upcoming feature involving the ingredients announced back in June (aka Cauldron) before tomorrows tournament, but does not seem so...

EDIT: clarification in italic

Last edited:

Jammin

Huhu everyone, that's all I could lug out through my disappearance cabinet in the INNO headquarters.
Maybe Karvest can add something... By the way, don't be so quiet Karvest, I happen to know that you are a Dumbledore ;)

Every Sunday morning, you'll get hex points for each unlocked technology that matches its chapter.
Complete a chapter's research to earn a research diploma that unlocks new potion effects.
Collect trophy cups by participating in tournaments.
Once a week you can brew a potion in the cauldron and drink from it with your trophy goblets.
The more ingredients you use, the more likely the potion will trigger an effect.

Use Spell Fragments to increase effects.
Enhance your favorite potion effects with hex points.
Donate certain resources to get extra hex points.
Use hex points to improve the witch's brewing skills. (You cannot save hex points) use up yours by Friday or they will be lost.

Karvest

Most of the cauldron hints are already known for months... not sure what can I add.
Just the fact they are polishing both cauldron and seasons at the same time. For example today, conversion cost increase rate (I guess the one used for converting resources into witch points) was increased + icons for both witch points and season chests were added/updated.
I guess we should see seasons feature when winter come to elvenar, along with the snow on the ground. Just not sure how they are going to test it before pushing it to live servers, either it will be there almost untested or postponed until spring.
Cauldron is already enabled clientside, we just can't see it without researching appropriate (hidden) tech + it's in idle state serverside.
1669079597553.png

1669079533433.png

1669080199661.png

1669080225298.png

1669080247473.png

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

I have played several other games that have seasonal events and some of them have nothing to do with the actual seasons. They are more quarterly, or even semi-annual, content, and are just called seasons because there are more than one per year. So this could be timed to start at the beginning of the year, or at least after all of the devs come back from their month-long vacations. We know there will be no new content on Beta between when the Winter event ends and early January.

Prueba2

1669109449049.png
One doubt looking at the screenshots is regarding the "Research Diplomas", does it mean that Potion Effects will be Chapter related?
Does it mean all players up to Chapter X will have the same effects available and the rest (effects) will be locked?

EDIT: A bit like Wonders?
Or that Players will be able to unlock different (but limited numbers, depending on chapter) effects as they wish?

EDIT2: Hopefully we will be able to dump excess KPs (from Tournaments and building) to get more Witch Points.

Last edited:

salandrine

On live I will not be able to get a diploma within next half year or even very much longer, cause I finished Chapter XX already.

Or will we get all diplomas for all chapters finished by event starting? Otherwise it would punish all endgamers too hard.

I guess that should be a feature to trigger all players to go ahead and not stopping at a certain chapter

Bor de Wolf 1965

A more logical way for the "Diploma's" is every player has to spent the KP for them in the research tree for every chapter they have done.
So when the Cauldron becomes available we all need to put in the 30 KP to unlock the cauldron it self in chapter 5.
Now every player in chapter 6(+) need to put in ?? KP on the research point for chapter 6.
Now every player in chapter 7(+) need to put in ?? KP on the research point for chapter 7 and you need to have the chapter 6 part done.
Now every player in chapter 8(+) need to put in ?? KP on the research point for chapter 8 and you need to have the chapter 7 part done.
and so on for every other chapter till you hit the end wall or where you are at the moment in the tech tree.

Heffernan

Ok, Bor already said what i was thinking - you go back a bit and work your way throuh the chapters.

Last edited:

Heffernan

thank you for all that info... I wonder if Inno could have made it any more complicated... if they had just tried a little bit harder?
shush now, it's a work in progress don't you give them ideas.

i mentioned this earlier, seems like a longwinded process compared to benefits (which i know nothing about). maybe something like this...
"after all all your efforts you drink from the cauldron and feel a little bit wiser, congratulations you got 10 kp."

ok, that was a bit mean but i have a feeling it might take a while before it all feels worthwhile. remember the academy in it's earlier days/years - good many players just cursed and regretted ever building it because of the space it took.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
thank you for all that info... I wonder if Inno could have made it any more complicated... if they had just tried a little bit harder?
I think its best to wait with the judgement until its actually released. Also best to wait with the questions as well :)

I think its like going to see a movie: If you expect too much of it beforehand, it might suck. If you don't expect too much from it, you might be pleasantly surprised. It feels the same to me except swap in the word complicated :)

Prueba2

[...] If you expect too much of it beforehand, it might suck. If you don't expect too much from it, you might be pleasantly surprised. It feels the same to me except swap in the word complicated :)
WoW, that felt harsh on the Devs...

:D

Laurelin-Beta

I hereby announce that tomorrow the tournament will start!

Happy? :)
@Kersepitje : Thanks for the laugh!! Really! But I do miss your old avatar... I keep thinking it's not really 'you' ... although you may be an elderly man with a long white beard, not a glamorous lady (or now a very young ? man - er ? woman - it looks like a bit of both?!), for all I know... haha :D

I'm not a white-haired [er, as white as that game allows...] Elf standing in Lord Elrond's Library, either - much to my occasional disappointment! ;)

On live I will not be able to get a diploma within next half year or even very much longer, cause I finished Chapter XX already.
[...]
I guess that should be a feature to trigger all players to go ahead and not stopping at a certain chapter
I've said this already in the Cauldron feedback thread, but I don't like anything which tries to force Research... negative consequences, and all that :/

shush now, it's a work in progress don't you give them ideas.
No need, it seems... :(
i mentioned this earlier, seems like a longwinded process compared to benefits (which i know nothing about). maybe something like this...
"after all all your efforts you drink from the cauldron and feel a little bit wiser, congratulations you got 10 kp."
You weren't that far off, it seems - except KP would last longer than the Cauldron's effects, and we could spend when we pleased! Not happy.
[...] remember the academy in it's earlier days/years - good many players just cursed and regretted ever building it because of the space it took.
... and a good many early players still do, because it's huge and near-useless at the stage where it's now forced into the early game, I hear. As if it weren't already difficult enough to wedge all the necessary buildings into an early City which can't even use a Magic Academy more often than once in a blue moon.... just what Elvenar needed (not) - more railroading of players into non-strategically-optimal builds. I am NOT in a good mood!

Sorry all.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Kersepitje : Thanks for the laugh!! Really! But I do miss your old avatar... I keep thinking it's not really 'you' ... although you may be an elderly man with a long white beard, not a glamorous lady (or now a very young ? man - er ? woman - it looks like a bit of both?!), for all I know... haha :D

I'm not a white-haired [er, as white as that game allows...] Elf standing in Lord Elrond's Library, either - much to my occasional disappointment! ;)
Are you saying you think I look like this?
1669926643368.png

I can assure you, that's not me :)

Prueba2

Some options could be:
Combat styleDiplomatic style
Ancient Wonder that increases health (for all troops)
(for Tournaments and Spire and Provinces)
Ancient Wonder that reduces diplomatic costs (for all products)
Ancient Wonder that increases attack (for each of 5 type troops)
Ancient Wonder that increases production (for each tier of products)
Kinda? (Standard, Sensitive, Mana-decay?, Divine Seeds-decay?, Sentive-decay?)
Expiring (5 days) buildings that provide health (for all troops)
(available both Magic Academy and Spire)
Expiring (5 days) building that reduces diplomatic costs (for all products)
(available both Magic Academy and Spire)
Expiring (5 days) buildings that provide attack (for each of 5 type troops)
(available Magic Academy)
Expiring building that increases production (for each tier of products)
Evolution Building that increases attack (for all troops)
Evolution Building that increases production (for all products)
Evolution Building that increases unit collection (for all troops)
Evolution Building that increases products collection (for all products)
Evolution Building that recovers % troops (for all troops)
Evolution Building that recovers % spent products (for all products)
Unit Instants (for each of 15? troops)Product Instants (already for gold and tools, missing:
  • Marble/Steel/Planks,
  • Crystal/Scrolls/Silk,
  • Elixir/Magic Dust/Gems,
  • Orcs,
  • Mana,
  • Divine Seeds,
  • Moonstone/Platinum/Elven Tree Gum,
  • Obsidian/Arcane Ink/Velvet,
  • Silly Soap/Alloy Shrooms/Cosmic Bismuth
  • Unurium
  • Primordial Minerals/Ignited Ingots/Scholarly Sprouts
  • Ethereal Aerosols/Wonder Wax/Finest Flying Powder
  • Spicy Spread/Genious Granule/Marvelous Marbles)
Vitality Surge (for all troops)
Product Surge (recover % spent products) (for all products)
Potion effect that increases attack (for each of 3 building type troops)
Potion effect that increases production (for each building type products)
Kinda? not the same as 9 Goblets would be required versus 3 Goblets
Potion effect that increases health (for all troops)
Ancient Wonder that reduces diplomatic costs (for all products)

Another alternative could be remove Orcs, Mana and Divine Seeds as options from Spire, and focus on Manufactory productions increase as alternative...

Option for ??? => Spectral Stone production, but it should be enough production for several uses in Spire (and also, still neither usable in Tournament nor Provinces yet...)
Updated with Potion effects