• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Enevhar Aldarion

winter RSK was a repeating grand prize with repeating artifacts RSK in between, this one is a single non-repeating royal prize. Looks like a huge difference.

You are forgetting this grand prize from the Winter event?

Tome of Winter Spirit - allows you to choose from one of these buildings: Watchful Winter Owl or Gingerbread Mansion or Boblin’s Express Service

Karvest

Again: it was a repeating grand prize, which you can get in unlimited amounts even without paying 1500 diamonds for royal prizes (yes, you need a lot of $$$ to get that far in grand prizes, but still...)
In easter event (for now) mentioned RSK is a single royal prize, which require those 1500 diamonds, full event event participation, and there won't be additional RSK's with artifacts like it was in winter grand prizes. So there can be anything phoenix-related, including fire phoenix base, if they decide to put it there. But it also could be just a selectable phoenix artifact for 19-20-21 years phoenixes, there is such thing in game files, but with different id - in that case doubt it worth spending 1500 diamonds... And why is it not in repeating part then? For me if they limit something in that way, it should be something more useful than just an artifact that can be easily crafted all year long.

Prueba2

What do we know so far about the Twilight phoenix and the phoenix cult event?
The most important event of the year, will there be an upgrade for the tournament or not?
Are preliminary stats known? I have not read anything about it yet...

EDIT to avoid double post
Glad to see next Twilight Phoenix is another combat-oriented building ... more... again...
Any love left for diplomatic players?:confused:

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Prueba2 I doubt they will give something good for negotiators, since for tournament that would require far better mana production building than anything we have in game (old mana sets included). And if we include Spire negotiations the production would have to be insane.

Or on the other hand it would just have to be cost lowering effect for all resources used in Tourney&Spire(mana & sentient included) (so you can only hope someone in Inno gets this idea).

Prueba2

(...)
Or on the other hand it would just have to be cost lowering effect for all resources used in Tourney&Spire(mana & sentient included) (so you can only hope someone in Inno gets this idea).
Some options could be:
Combat styleDiplomatic style
Ancient Wonder that increases health (for all troops)
(for Tournaments and Spire and Provinces)
Ancient Wonder that reduces diplomatic costs (for all products)
Ancient Wonder that increases attack (for each of 5 type troops)
Ancient Wonder that increases production (for each tier of products)
Kinda? (Standard, Sensitive, Mana-decay?, Divine Seeds-decay?, Sentive-decay?, Unurium-decay?, Ascended-decay? )
Expiring (5 days) buildings that provide health (for all troops)
(available both Magic Academy and Spire)
Expiring (5 days) building that reduces diplomatic costs (for all products)
(available both Magic Academy and Spire)
Expiring (5 days) buildings that provide attack (for each of 5 type troops)
(available Magic Academy)
Expiring building that increases production (for each tier of products)
Kinda?, reducing decay Event expiring buildings (not regurlarly available),
Evolution Building that increases attack (for all troops)
Evolution Building that increases production (for all products)
Kinda? not the same as Aureate Phoenis only works for Standard Products, also nothing for Orcs, Mana, Seeds, Sensitive, Unurium and Ascended
Evolution Building that increases unit collection (for all troops)
Evolution Building that increases products collection (for all products)
Evolution Building that recovers % troops (for all troops)
Evolution Building that recovers % spent products (for all products)
Unit Instants (for each of 15? troops)Product Instants (already for gold and tools, missing:
  • Gold
  • Tools
  • T1: Marble/Steel/Planks,
  • T2: Crystal/Scrolls/Silk,
  • T3: Elixir/Magic Dust/Gems,
  • Orcs,
  • Mana,
  • Divine Seeds,
  • S1: Moonstone/Platinum/Elven Tree Gum,
  • S2: Obsidian/Arcane Ink/Velvet,
  • S3: Silly Soap/Alloy Shrooms/Cosmic Bismuth
  • Unurium
  • A1: Primordial Minerals/Ignited Ingots/Scholarly Sprouts
  • A2: Ethereal Aerosols/Wonder Wax/Finest Flying Powder
  • A3: Spicy Spread/Genious Granule/Marvelous Marbles)
Vitality Surge (for all troops)
Product Surge (recover % spent products) (for all products)
Potion effect that increases attack (for each of 3 building type troops)
Potion effect that increases production (for each building type products)
Kinda?, not the same as 9 Goblets 3+1+1+1+3+1+3 = 13 Goblets would be required versus 3 Goblets (currently limit is 5 per week)
Potion effect that increases health (for each of 3 building type troops)
Ancient Wonder that reduces diplomatic costs (for all products)

Another alternative could be remove Orcs, Mana and Divine Seeds as options from Spire, and focus on Manufactory productions increase as alternative...

Option for ??? => Spectral Stone production, but it should be enough production for several uses in Spire (and also, still neither usable in Tournament nor Provinces yet...)

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

@Prueba2 I doubt they will give something good for negotiators, since for tournament that would require far better mana production building than anything we have in game (old mana sets included). And if we include Spire negotiations the production would have to be insane.

I think they were testing the waters of something for caterers when we got the Spectral Stone, though they are too rare right now to use one in every Spire negotiation every week. Maybe they could be modified, or another version introduced, that would allow you to use one to complete a tournament cater or world map cater.

Prueba2

I think they were testing the waters of something for caterers when we got the Spectral Stone, though they are too rare right now to use one in every Spire negotiation every week. Maybe they could be modified, or another version introduced, that would allow you to use one to complete a tournament cater or world map cater.
In either case, current design is not useful and quantity provided is insufficient .

CrazyWizard

There is no "combat" or Negotiations" path there is only both.
Anyone who wants to differentiate the 2 is thinking wrong as the game has no clear path in 1 way or the other.
The best way is always a combination of both, how much combat and how much negotiations depends on your goals and where you are in the game. I still negotiate several matchups a week (and the spire)

If you are stubborn and want to pick one or the other the your success rate depends on where you are in the game. and your goal.
If your goal is 1600 tourney points. anyone can negotiate no matter where you are in the game. but if you want to go beyond that treshold maintaining a negotiation only policy is possible but very difficult to procure enough goods unless you exploit some loopholes in the system. (a city needs to be exactly build towards it and a combinations will always be the best)

In the early game negotiations are easier than fighting as your units struggle with units beyond the 5th province. it's also relatively cheap.
In the end negotiations are a supplement to a battles to avoid the most difficult and damaging ones.
And everything in between in the middle.

Prueba2

(...) but if you want to go beyond that treshold maintaining a negotiation only policy is possible but very difficult to procure enough goods unless you exploit some loopholes in the system.
But @CrazyWizard, the mayority of players tend to combat due to the general consensus of it being easier (Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, ...)
In fact, I have seen new players adviced to orient their citys to combat style (more Armories, less Manufactories, which Ancient Wonders are "a must" (Monastery/Santuary, DBulwark, Shrooms,...) and which should be avoided, ...) so they can start of advance more in Tournaments as fighting award them more prizes.

This is not just a player personal decision, but the consequences of the actual game design.
It should ring some bells, when veteran players are destroying AWonders or avoiding expansions in order to not increase fighting difficulty or some cities that keep stuck in some middle chapter without advancing in order to keep combat power. Both of them are valid ways of playing, but maybe devs should question themselves if thus is how they would like players to play .

I, myself, battle between chapters, as even without Fire Phoenix, I can reduce my product costs exponientally by using several (15+) expiring buildings and getting +500% health. That is for me the signal that both options are not balanced.

TL;DR
My point being, even if both of them are paths available to all players, not both have been made equal, neither equivalent, and IMHO both of them should be equally valid ways of playing.

EDIT:
TO ADMINS: Sorry, I think I may have take the discussion from the original post subject. I will stop here.

CrazyWizard

But @CrazyWizard, the mayority of players tend to combat due to the general consensus of it being easier (Fire Phoenix, Brown Bear, ...)
In fact, I have seen new players adviced to orient their citys to combat style (more Armories, less Manufactories, which Ancient Wonders are "a must" (Monastery/Santuary, DBulwark, Shrooms,...) and which should be avoided, ...) so they can start of advance more in Tournaments as fighting award them more prizes.

This is not just a player personal decision, but the consequences of the actual game design.
It should ring some bells, when veteran players are destroying AWonders or avoiding expansions in order to not increase fighting difficulty or some cities that keep stuck in some middle chapter without advancing in order to keep combat power. Both of them are valid ways of playing, but maybe devs should question themselves if thus is how they would like players to play .

I, myself, battle between chapters, as even without Fire Phoenix, I can reduce my product costs exponientally by using several (15+) expiring buildings and getting +500% health. That is for me the signal that both options are not balanced.

TL;DR
My point being, even if both of them are paths available to all players, not both have been made equal, neither equivalent, and IMHO both of them should be equally valid ways of playing.

EDIT:
TO ADMINS: Sorry, I think I may have take the discussion from the original post subject. I will stop here.
When we did not have Bears and fire Phoenixes and combat buildings but just plain boring Barracks and maybe mercenary camp with crappy 1* units people also fought most of the battles.

So this is unrelated to all those buildings.
Just because this part is more profound doesnt make a difference.

Even of a "negotiation wonder/building" reduction whatever would be introduced (essentially every singe even building gives goods and could be consideren a neegotiation booster) it would not make a difference. I pay 1m goods or 600K goods in both cases it doesn't make any sense.

Again there is no 1 way or the other there is only the fighting negotiator way. don't put a fence around something that should not be fenced.

I also quit now.

Enevhar Aldarion

Been a while since anything was posted here, but it is time to start looking at chapter 20 stuff, as we are about three weeks away from it being the six-month mark since chapter 19 was added.

So to start, while I have not seen any images posted yet, reports are starting to show up on Facebook and other sites of glitches making chapter 20 information and icons visible. I don't know what kind of data mining has been done so far, but it sounds like the stuff is now in the files, if it was not before.

Karvest

I don't see anything about new chapter in beta client files. They can limit new chapter data to be sent only for users who have appropriate flag enabled serverside.
But I see new type of event and completely new additional mechanic for MA. (seems I'd finally research all skipped techs due to it=).

Last edited:

Enevhar Aldarion

That is cool. I just remember the past few chapters, when they were close to being ready to be released, we would start seeing all sorts of little glitches leaking out icons and images and stuff, some only happening in the app and some only in the browser. Now this makes me wonder if new stuff for chapter 20, that has been added, but can't be seen yet, is somehow behind all the bugs and glitches with the Trader. It will need another upgrade for chapter 20, after all, for the final tier of ascended goods. And if not, that may delay chapter 20 until the Trader bugs are fixed.

Moncsociusz

I don't see anything about new chapter in beta client files. They can limit new chapter data to be sent only for users who have appropriate flag enabled serverside.
But I see new type of event and completely new additional mechanic for AM. (seems I'd finally research all skipped techs due to it=).
Spoil us please :D these sound interesting!

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion Maybe it might have something to do with the designed length of the latest chapters, so the interval between chapters has been prolonged as well.

My Genie-WishingWell beta farm* has still 66 days to go, so i realy don't mind if we won't get ch20 sooner than june/july.

(* after finishing ch19 i have put all of my Genie/WW/Goddesses out of the inventory for the first time in my beta city to get some extra diamonds for few more expansions)

Enevhar Aldarion

Maybe it might have something to do with the designed length of the latest chapters, so the interval between chapters has been prolonged as well.

Chapter 19 was only one month later than expected, being added 7 months after chapter 18, and as I remember, it was only delayed because of technical issues that happened last March/April. I will still be expecting chapter 20 to show up some time in May. And even with a month delay again, that is still before the middle of June.

CrazyWizard

Been a while since anything was posted here, but it is time to start looking at chapter 20 stuff, as we are about three weeks away from it being the six-month mark since chapter 19 was added.

So to start, while I have not seen any images posted yet, reports are starting to show up on Facebook and other sites of glitches making chapter 20 information and icons visible. I don't know what kind of data mining has been done so far, but it sounds like the stuff is now in the files, if it was not before.
I hope they take a long time for a new chapter, I barely see the first people finish the current chapter. releasing a new chapter would be a little early. even if it's "time" according to past scheduling.

Lovec Krys

@Enevhar Aldarion And previous chapters had 6 months delay with 3 month long chapter (by average). If they prolong average chapter duration by 1-2 month, it's logical to prolong chapter release as well (so newer players have chance to catch up).

Arthus

But chapters from 1 to 14 were shorter and we were able to skip them with portal profits, chapters 15+ were designed to keep us 6-9 months in boredom producing goods, badges and creatures, sometimes we need few weeks for just 1 technology.
Hope Chapter 20 won't deliver us 1 year of producing same thing over and over, taking up space needed for events/FA.

We need mini-events back... maybe with some smaller evo buildings with 5 levels if they stick to this concept. Or just main prize...
Event after event after event after event, a lot of people in my main server are tired...