• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Arthus

I don't understand why would someone not research Chapter 18 wonders. Orc one is quite good.
I know we are waiting since forever for scout shortening wonder (which never shows up) but well...

Eilin

I don't understand why would someone not research Chapter 18 wonders. Orc one is quite good.
It's not because they are "not good". It's because they are not necessary for some players. And IMO, there is no point to build wonders that will not bring great benefits. For me it is wasting of space and increasing losses in the tournament and the spire. They are completely unnecessary in my cities now.
That's why "someone not research Chapter 18 wonders..." :)

Moncsociusz

I wouldn't build them either and researching them is problematic too..needs tons of badges, I have more than enough unurium and orcs too. So researching the wonders would only waste my resources and dilute my random runes. I'm struggling to get useful runes as I have some wonders almost max level but I still get tons of runes to those what I am not able to use as after lvl 30 you don't need them. So I have hundreds of useless runes and waiting for tourneys to get enough shards...

Enevhar Aldarion

I wouldn't build them either and researching them is problematic too..needs tons of badges, I have more than enough unurium and orcs too. So researching the wonders would only waste my resources and dilute my random runes. I'm struggling to get useful runes as I have some wonders almost max level but I still get tons of runes to those what I am not able to use as after lvl 30 you don't need them. So I have hundreds of useless runes and waiting for tourneys to get enough shards...

So you do not know the trick of building a Wonder you do not want, then selling it and filling the level 1 wheel shard again, so that you can break shards to use in other Wonders? Unless you have every Wonder built, you should have something you can do this with.

Moncsociusz

So you do not know the trick of building a Wonder you do not want, then selling it and filling the level 1 wheel shard again, so that you can break shards to use in other Wonders? Unless you have every Wonder built, you should have something you can do this with.

I know this "trick" and I already have some wonders for these, but getting a new wonder for only shard farming is just pointless for 600 badges. Which would take min 2 months. I could do much better things with the space and time given. It is just a drag. Back in times when all the wonders were under the same tab as a last tech in each chapter would make much more sense of they want to make it mandatory. But why have the triple penalty for progression. Especially with the recent army formulas when you have to make every tech count... Make it elective and everyone is happy I believe.

Enevhar Aldarion

I know this "trick" and I already have some wonders for these, but getting a new wonder for only shard farming is just pointless for 600 badges. Which would take min 2 months. I could do much better things with the space and time given.

It took me 4 1/2 months to complete chapter 18 in my US city and I completed every single research for it during that time. I even used the trick of building any other level 1 Portal and then selling it, so that I could complete all the quests before completing all the research.

Lovec Krys

I know we are waiting since forever for scout shortening wonder (which never shows up) but well...
Simple.
If you have 15 armories and 5 milion of orcs in stock like i do in my main city, you realy don't need a wonder for more orcs which will only further increase your already high costs in tourney & Spire.
The other wonder is also not needed.
So the only reason to research them is that they are (now) mandatory.

@Moncsociusz 600 badges are doable in 2 weeks, but that requires that you can log every 2 hours for 18 hours/day, provided that you can keep the portal fed by your settlement.
Of course, any delay due to sleep/work/commuting/other non-online issues can prolong that time significally.
I've been criticizing the 2h cap on portal production for a long time.

Moncsociusz

I usually do 10-20 badges daily. But it drains way too much mana, so sometimes I need some days of from it as I would rather upgrade my simia or oracle, or any other manus which demand 1.5million mana?I thought I have a decent mana production at 500k daily, but I was using spells with my max abbey to gain enough sometimes. I don't use time boosters on this as I even contemplated on it to stop the chapter if the next chapter has nothing beneficial for me. I log in 3 times a day.

Biloutte91

1632842667546.png
1632842681869.png

In the spire of eternity on tablets and smartphones. Version 1.138.1

Karvest

Not deleted, but separated and send that part only to those who have appropriate feature enabled.
Same as they've done with perks.
Not only tech tree, buildings as well.

ekarat

I usually do 10-20 badges daily. But it drains way too much mana, so sometimes I need some days of from it as I would rather upgrade my simia or oracle, or any other manus which demand 1.5million mana?I thought I have a decent mana production at 500k daily, but I was using spells with my max abbey to gain enough sometimes. I don't use time boosters on this as I even contemplated on it to stop the chapter if the next chapter has nothing beneficial for me. I log in 3 times a day.

50 badges / day has been the standard in my FS. (Then again, I do augment the portal with time instants to make up for when I can't be there every 2 hours consistently enough to keep up with the hubs -- but I've still not spent all that many compared to previous chapters, and I don't spend them on the hubs.) I've also had no issue with mana costs, and I'm wondering why. I suspect the blooming trader's guild is helping me, since I only need to produce elementals once every 2 days or so. In other words, the increased output from the BTG means that I don't have to sink mana in all that often.

Arthus

Considering Chapter 19's title, animations of buildings, ancient wonders + their effects and many other things went leaked, they could at least give us some official preview before launching it, so we know what to expect and to keep interest in the game for players in Ch18.

They could say something about plans for next chapters etc for us to know if it's worth investing time and money into the game at this point. Would be hard if game disappeared around 2025. Albo problems with space in the city should be finally adressed as it's mentioned in 1000 comments under every youtube video.

Karvest

Would be nice if we got this Tome also in events
Next event second grand prize and artifacts coming after it will be presented as tomes, that would allow you to choose any of winter evos/artifacts for them.
To get noticeable amount of old artifacts you will need to spend a lot of :diamond::diamond::diamond:, but that's a good opportunity to get another gingerbread base for those who already have some artifacts from spire/etc.

The Fairy

Next event second grand prize and artifacts coming after it will be presented as tomes, that would allow you to choose any of winter evos/artifacts for them.
To get noticeable amount of old artifacts you will need to spend a lot of :diamond::diamond::diamond:, but that's a good opportunity to get another gingerbread base for those who already have some artifacts from spire/etc.

I wonder if they will do the same in the phoenix and bear event and thereby give more players multiple fire phoenixes and brown bears:eek: