• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Arthus

There wouldn't be feedback about FA/events if there was event with really good prizes instead of 2 good prizes and 20+ terrible ones.

Tomtimmon

No one will be happy with too few or too many events. There will always be players who complain one way or the other. So here is my complaint ... Make the damn prizes better!!!!

Eilin

Do you really want the awards to be OP (Overpowered)??? They were like this once before and you were the first to complain about it @Arthus!
Bears... do you remember that??? :)
Why do you need OP buildings? What are you missing in your city? Are you not coping with what we have now? Maybe this game is too hard for you?

Last edited:

CrazyWizard

There wouldn't be feedback about FA/events if there was event with really good prizes instead of 2 good prizes and 20+ terrible ones.
Off course there would be always feedback, the complainers are those that already have everything.
I love the fact that FA's have so so prizes. I do not want them to have great prizes.

I love that we can just sleepwalk trough the maps with the shortest route and grab the prizes, I would hate it if I was forced to compete in the FA because there were way too good prizes in there.
The FA's have improved, they are less about city destruction then they were before, but they are still about destruction. it's still not some smiley face cooperation event. it's still a sad face cooperation event.

edeba

The FA's have improved, they are less about city destruction then they were before, but they are still about destruction. it's still not some smiley face cooperation event. it's still a sad face cooperation event.
It is a shame that they went the wrong way on changing the badges and changed the farmer to double the destruction required to make those badges instead of reducing the destruction by instead making the BS need only 2 or 3 WS instead of 5. They could still see the error of their decision and put the farmer back to needing 5 WS and make the BS need 2 WS. These badges take way too much space.

CrazyWizard

It is a shame that they went the wrong way on changing the badges and changed the farmer to double the destruction required to make those badges instead of reducing the destruction by instead making the BS need only 2 or 3 WS instead of 5. They could still see the error of their decision and put the farmer back to needing 5 WS and make the BS need 2 WS. These badges take way too much space.
That was not my point, even with 1 workshop per production it would still be the same concept.

You need space and the more active you are and battle for top spots the more space you need.
There is a softcap on it due to that some badges are more difficult than those. but it does not fully change it's nature, it just maskes it a bit.

Lets look at FoE and then look at how I would approach an FA.
On FoE they have special event cities called "cultural settlements".

In my vision an FA would open a "cultural settlement" where you need to take certain actions to complete FA assignements.
Your normal city is unaffected by an FA in any shape , way or form.

every player has the same space, the same goals ect. it's then a battle of cooperation between all the members and the most active and cooperating fellowships will fight for the top spots.
It's not about how much destruction of space and recources are you willing to commit. there could be diamond incentives (for example an extra builder to more quickly set up your event buildings / production chains.

Without those kind of changes, Just let the few maniact raze, and outside of those 2-3 fellowships the rest can just ignore it, pick up the prizes with a short route and wave it goodbye again.

If you want competition you first need to create an even playing field so all could compete.
That drives comeptition (and expenditures) look at for example the new gold/silver/bronze/iron/hobby event competition, those are way more competitive and lead to a lot more spending than FA's

CrazyWizard

@CrazyWizard but in the meantime it would be less destruction of cities and more weight on producing badges that give useful resources.

For quick route it doesn't matter at all, so for normal play nothing matters. just grab the easy route (left, left left for us) and you barely need any productions.

It's only for competitive play that it matters. and how "usefull" is your 18th trillion planks.
how does 2 level 1 workshops create "more usefull" supplies? and people would still break down entire towns to get as much badges as possible.

edeba

For quick route it doesn't matter at all, so for normal play nothing matters. just grab the easy route (left, left left for us) and you barely need any productions.

It's only for competitive play that it matters. and how "usefull" is your 18th trillion planks.
how does 2 level 1 workshops create "more usefull" supplies? and people would still break down entire towns to get as much badges as possible.
I think people would need more full size manu to get enough bracelets to match and they would struggle with residue

Enevhar Aldarion

I think people would need more full size manu to get enough bracelets to match and they would struggle with residue

Yep. Here is how it is for me in chapter 18. With the 3-hour productions, six tier 1 boosted factories at max of level 32, with MMs on everything, makes ones bracelet every three hours. For overnight, three 9-hour productions, with MMs, comes up 300 goods short of a badge, so running a normal production in a sentient tier 1 gives an extra 1000 or so to complete the overnight badge. Or a low-level normal boosted that is put out just to make that little extra for the badge. So with six normal and two extra factories running non-stop, you could make 5 bracelets per day, four 3-hour productions and one 9-hour. I don't have that many built, so I have three and not six, which cuts me down to making only 3 bracelets per day, without time boosting stuff. Plus the one or two per day that can be made with all the goods from event buildings, of course.

And yes, residue is a pain, but with the new bear the next FA will be easier, unless they do something mean, like up the number of residue needed.

Lovec Krys

In the current version of FA, there are two main bottleneck badges:
1) Residue
2) Bracelet
If you go for the first place, your success depends on those two (and it doesn't matter if you teleport half of your village or whole village to place more lv1 manu/ws).

Enevhar Aldarion

1) Residue

Yep, in my fellowship, we skip that 3rd stage spot on the left path that requires 52 residue. that means we also have to skip the final spot on that path, but we get into the Pit faster and can make a lot more points in there with the residue that one spot would take. It is only a small part of the overall strategy, but it still has helped us finish 1st in 4 of the last 5, I think it is.

edeba

1) Residue
2) Bracelet
If you go for the first place, your success depends on those two (and it doesn't matter if you teleport half of your village or whole village to place more lv1 manu/ws).
And my point about them going the wrong way with increasing the farmer to 10 WS from 5 WS was going the wrong way means that you automatically do better with bracelets because you can't possibly match the bracelet need without instead changing the strategy to having more large T1 out.

It is also why I advocated that just doing any recipe should give a residue. I supposed the +3 VV with the new bear will help with the residue, but there are still a lot of 5 and less VV spells and you will still need two recipes for those and in the rare case even 3 recipes.

Aeva

I wondered why my FS has a problem with the farmersbadge and not with the residue and the bracelets.
Probably you are right @edeba about the unnecessary 10 times in stead of 5 for the farmersbadge.

ekarat

That was not my point, even with 1 workshop per production it would still be the same concept.

You need space and the more active you are and battle for top spots the more space you need.
There is a softcap on it due to that some badges are more difficult than those. but it does not fully change it's nature, it just maskes it a bit.

Lets look at FoE and then look at how I would approach an FA.
On FoE they have special event cities called "cultural settlements".

In my vision an FA would open a "cultural settlement" where you need to take certain actions to complete FA assignements.
Your normal city is unaffected by an FA in any shape , way or form.

every player has the same space, the same goals ect. it's then a battle of cooperation between all the members and the most active and cooperating fellowships will fight for the top spots.
It's not about how much destruction of space and recources are you willing to commit. there could be diamond incentives (for example an extra builder to more quickly set up your event buildings / production chains.

Without those kind of changes, Just let the few maniact raze, and outside of those 2-3 fellowships the rest can just ignore it, pick up the prizes with a short route and wave it goodbye again.

If you want competition you first need to create an even playing field so all could compete.
That drives comeptition (and expenditures) look at for example the new gold/silver/bronze/iron/hobby event competition, those are way more competitive and lead to a lot more spending than FA's

The cultural settlement model in FoE is what drove me away from the game. It is a timed development, which means that you want to be online with minutes-response time during all hours (though you can plan long productions overnight) for multiple days straight. And when it's over, you get to do it again shortly thereafter. It massively increases burnout.

CrazyWizard

The cultural settlement model in FoE is what drove me away from the game. It is a timed development, which means that you want to be online with minutes-response time during all hours (though you can plan long productions overnight) for multiple days straight. And when it's over, you get to do it again shortly thereafter. It massively increases burnout.

I ment this as a FA thing, a fixed place with fixed space for everyone.
The FA is in fact very similar, it's about making space, and timing and coordination, but then every once in a blue moon.

the settle ment thing is that you get FA space for free and do not need to destroy your city for it. so everyone can join in if they want and it's not about who can and can't, or wan't

Arthus

Halloween building statistics appeared in Elvenar-connected sites and... Can we seriously talk about when we will get something military-oriented and not mana/sentient good all the time? They first introduced Red Panda Master who as fighting master produces... close to nothing of T3 sentient good, and now again mana/sentient witch circle... Cerbers, Banshees, these are creatures that would fit halloween theme perfectly, even orcs...

Lovec Krys

@CrazyWizard Maybe Helloween evo that fastens sentient's decay then :D

@Arthus It gives KPs. One more evo for my between chapter KP farm (thx, that i can now teleport them after new chapter arrives).

Last edited: