• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Spoiler: Snow Flurry Event Quests

DeletedUser607

I take it this way: If I will not manage to complete everything on time and I will end up with.. let's say.. 4000 flakes, I will still be able to look inside the big box (for 140*) 28 times. There is roughly 20% chance for refunding snow flakes (140 or 200), which means at least another 5 boxes. That will result in gaining 2 main rewards, 8+ daily rewards and tons of other useful stuff. This is in total 10+ premium-like buildings. WHAT THE HELL!?!? We are going to get 10 premium buildings without a single diamond! It's about 10x more than I would expect from an unfinished event.

I understand, it is a nice building and we all would like to have it in our cities. But hey, we have been given more than enough for free. Requesting another free gift after receiving 10 other is at least childish (with no offense meant)

and if the player is clever, the premium buildings are really good. for example todays prize, 5x3 large, and 2300 culture + 2300 citizen. there is just no regular premium building with these qualities. the closest thing would be the gate of manepica, but it's 4x1 and thus not polishable, and with 720 diamonds, it's rather expensive for its size and benefit.

DeletedUser1681

I am also very happy with what I've got so far. Right now toying with the idea that if I get in the remaining time 3 buildings with ca 1400 culture I could delete my 3 Central Places and have the same culture in almost half the space. And smaller buildings like the event prizes are so much easier to fit into a city and maybe even make it look good.

Buttrflwr

So disappointing. :(
It is the same culture as the purple frozen flame, so I am fine with it. I like the observatory, and I wanted a smaller culture bldg for my little city, but apparently something is going to be left out that they had intended to be used.

DeletedUser607

maybe that's a worthy but report:

the text in summer always stated, that the daily prize is gone FOREVER!!! if it is not taken today.

if something is gone FOREVER!!!, it can't reappear FOREVER!!!

;-)

DeletedUser1767

It feels vaguely wrong to me to have an Observatory appear after a Star, but I'm probably overthinking this.

ETA: It makes sense to me that they'd put something not-so-exciting immediately after the Winter Star; they'd have known a lot of people were going to go all in trying to get it. Another very desirable building immediately afterwards would have been unfair.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1681

It is the same culture as the purple frozen flame, so I am fine with it. I like the observatory, and I wanted a smaller culture bldg for my little city, but apparently something is going to be left out that they had intended to be used.
6 days to go, so everything not yet here should make it.
The observatory is actually one of those I missed last summer so I'm ok with that - time to give some holy codexes the heave ho. Only thing that worries me is that I don't have that many snowflakes and I've done the continuous questline... chances of getting a nice prize diminishing.

DeletedUser1596

Event buildings should be of the same size and power, because this way we often have to choose between a reward you like and a reward you need.

Elderflower

It looks like I am not going to be able to complete all the continuous quests now because for some reason the game did not accept one of my 2 day productions. Maybe I collected them all too quickly. So I will not finish in the remaining time. But I am very happy with this event. I have managed to get some very useful buildings and look forward to a couple more before it all ends. I think Elvenar has been very generous with the prizes that were available. I am going to do a lot of rearranging of my city when this is over.

DeletedUser118

Made it up until Quest #68, which I won't be doing anymore. But I have to agree that this event sure was nice and the prizes all fine. Thanks for the fun! :cool:

Buttrflwr

I made it to the end, by the hair of my chinny chin chin...and @SoggyShorts guide. Otherwise, I would never have been able to complete it...on either city. It was fun, and I LOVED most of the prizes...thanks @innogames and Soggs! :cool:

DeletedUser1767

I'm not going to make it either, mostly because I couldn't get the expansions I needed to make extra production buildings until it was too late. But I'm happy with how far I got, and I'm happy with the prizes I got, most of which I can't currently fit into my city, and my live server cities are probably going to finish (one of them today). Huge thanks to @SoggyShorts. A lot of people wouldn't have finished or made it as far as they did without you, and it's only right that you ended up with a crazy number of Winter Stars.

What really impressed me about this event, even more than how gorgeous most of the prizes are, is how well-balanced it was. My Chapter Nine city is going to finish a day or two before my Chapter Four city, in the end, but they were in lockstep most of the way, and the primary reason Nine ended up so far ahead is my stubborn refusal to upgrade my military tech for Four (do you have any idea how long to takes to train 300 units with a level one barracks and one level three armory?), and Inno is not responsible for my choice in hills to die on, so. I would not have predicted that my cities would be so close, so major kudos to Inno for that.

DeletedUser762

ya know what, I am totally grateful of what I got etc. etc. but putting "scout 2 provinces" right in the end is not on, takes 4 days. so have given up. no point, is it? at least they could put something more possible. ok, we wont't get level2 building its obvious, unless we spend diamonds, but at least they shouldn't of made it so obvious, just say it : forget it. that's it.

SoggyShorts

ok, we wont't get level2 building its obvious, unless we spend diamonds,
Everyone who completes all of the quests gets the second prize, it's the 3rd prize that almost no one will get.
4 day scouts would be really hard-- you'd have to plan it so that one comes in just as you get to that quest, then prep everything for the next ones in between. Too late now, but maybe I'll include a walkthrough on how to do it for next event.

EDIT: I just went back and checked- I finished with over 20 days to go, so even if you add in 20 extra days for scouting it's still doable. Admittedly it's almost impossible without using the spoilers thread information though.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1767

Everyone who completes all of the quests gets the second prize, it's the 3rd prize that almost no one will get.
And if you get even moderately lucky with snowflakes, you can get the second one without completing them all. I definitely won't finish here on Beta (probably won't get past #90), but I still got level two without diamonds, and I didn't win that many snowflakes from boxes. Same with my Winyandor city: only moderately lucky with snowflakes, but I got the second prize days ago, and I haven't finished yet (four more to go!).

SoggyShorts

if you get even moderately lucky with snowflakes, you can get the second one without completing them all.
I'm glad that you don't need a moderate amount of luck to win the third prize though- at less than 1% chance I can ignore it, but at around 50% I'd be really annoyed if I didn't get it.
Completing all quests and collecting snowflakes quite often should give 100% chance of third prize, or less than 1%, nothing in between
---INNO- no teasing =)