• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Spoiler: Snow Flurry Event Quests

DeletedUser1677

Hope that it's okay if I ask here. But what "present" should I buy?
Regarding to getting the grand prizes, the small present rewards more snowglobes pr. snowflake, but in the big present you can win more snowflakes and ekstra stuff.
So the big one might be the best? Or am I wrong?

CrazyWizard

Hope that it's okay if I ask here. But what "present" should I buy?
Regarding to getting the grand prizes, the small present rewards more snowglobes pr. snowflake, but in the big present you can win more snowflakes and ekstra stuff.
So the big one might be the best? Or am I wrong?

5/50 = 0.1
20/140 = 0.142

What made you think the small ones give more globes per snowflake?

SoggyShorts

Just finished the 100 quests!
  • 19d 22h left (lost a whole day with the moving roads bug, was unable to log in at all)
  • 5,169 snowflakes in the bank (haven't spent any yet)
  • Chapter 3 to start, (chapter 4 now)
  • Level 2 MA
  • Level 2 builders hut
  • Got lucky 1 time finding a PoP spell during a visit
  • Less than 2,000 goods in the bank (negotiated all the relics quests)
Thank you to everyone in this thread for all of the advance info!

Last edited:

Elderflower

You give me hope. My Magic Academy and Builders' Hut are the same as yours. Still plugging away at the quests. I don't have time to log in as much as I need to

DeletedUser1677

62 quests left, don't think I'm gonna finish all of them :p

ophion

The quest to gain 40 relics...seriously?
I got this quest on Sunday so have had to wait two days for the tournaments to start to try and gain some relics. After managing to gain about 6 when doing the rounds visiting and finding treasure chests...and also managing to fight the first three tournaments before my units were getting destroyed mercilessly...I now have 14...after 3 days.:((
These quests are not designed for us to ever manage to complete them to win the final prize and that really pees me off as I think we should all get a fair chance of completing the quests without having to buy diamonds.
In the past I have spent loads of money on diamonds...so I don't have a problem with this when choosing which buildings to buy.
What I do have a problem with is being forced into it (if there's a time limit and I really want the final prize) just to complete impossible quests in the time allowed. They did this in the previous event which upset a lot of people....I thought they might have learnt by now how they are alienating their loyal players by continuing this way.:(
I'm not impressed at all.

SoggyShorts

@ophion
If you can't afford to cater tournament provinces, you may have to open event boxes to try and get some relics. Hopefully a reward that you like comes up at the same time.

DeletedUser1596

@ophion: Those quests are not there just to keep you busy while waiting for a reward. And an event is not meant to be won at all costs.
It's there to provide a challenge. You can do something extra and read a walkthrough here on forum.. and plan ahead. That should save you 1/3 - 1/2 of time. And even if you don't make it to the finish line with all quests solved, you can still win a huge ammount of.. everything.

ophion

@Urvalsandal ... Thank you for you comment...but I have been playing in Forge of Empires and Elvenar for a heck of a long time so I do understand
the reasoning behind it...and I stick with what I said...It's all about buying diamonds.
That's how the game continues to thrive and will continue to grow as long as it has diamond spenders. Everyone knows that as it isn't a secret.
The problem I have is that we should still be able to win the ultimate prize without the expenditure with using our skills...but in these events it isn't possible.
Skill doesn't come into it...it's all a matter of buying diamonds if you want to acquire the final building.

DeletedUser1596

I take it this way: If I will not manage to complete everything on time and I will end up with.. let's say.. 4000 flakes, I will still be able to look inside the big box (for 140*) 28 times. There is roughly 20% chance for refunding snow flakes (140 or 200), which means at least another 5 boxes. That will result in gaining 2 main rewards, 8+ daily rewards and tons of other useful stuff. This is in total 10+ premium-like buildings. WHAT THE HELL!?!? We are going to get 10 premium buildings without a single diamond! It's about 10x more than I would expect from an unfinished event.

I understand, it is a nice building and we all would like to have it in our cities. But hey, we have been given more than enough for free. Requesting another free gift after receiving 10 other is at least childish (with no offense meant)

DeletedUser

Thx, interesting results indeed. Maybe something for a next event to keep in mind. :D

DeletedUser

On Beta I only have 111 snowflakes left (just got me a Glacier Garden :)) but for my 2 live accounts I've saved almost all snowflakes, only went for the Father Frozen Tree on day 2. So I've got some hard thinking to do what I want and choose accordingly. :rolleyes:

SoggyShorts

I would advise caution using this. It's statistical model and most of us will have at least "slightly" different results. :)
Of course, even knowing the odds of a coin toss you probably shouldn't bet on winning half of the tim:estickouttongue: