• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Events Split FA quests for 2 quest givers.

SoggyShorts

Updated Feb 24 for new FA

Summary

Instead of having both quest givers cycle the same 16 quests, split them in half.

Description
The top quest giver cycles through the 6 workshop, the PoP and EE quests
The second quest giver cycles through the other 8 quests.

Motivation
Should cut quest cycling by almost 50%.
I know players have asked for a total overhaul, and that @Marindor has said something is in the works, but this is a very easy to implement fix for now.

Possible downsides
You wouldn't be able to have every combination of 2 quests open at the same time, but imo that is a small price to pay for 50% fewer declines.

Last edited:

SoggyShorts

I would add that after you complete a quest that it stays as the quest that is next, so if you are collecting more of the same badge you don't have to cycle through them all again! This would cut the cycling down quite a bit more IMO.
I would also like that, and it would be a welcome addition, but for now I was going with a suggestion that would take almost zero effort to implement, like literally under 10 minutes.

DeletedUser724

Do not do that, terrible

when visiting hoods, I have to set both FA-quest to
spell quest

hoping I can get 2 spell-item... wand, potion or hat
If i am lucky, I get 3 spell-items

If quest tab can only cycle in ws
even I get spell-item, if quest-tab is not set right, I get 0 spell-item
currently, I still has 2/3 chance to get a spell items ( 2 different FA-spell item ... to intercept 2 possible spell out of 3 spell )

Apart from this
at the end of tournament, u can get 3 kind of spell-item
u can 100% to get 2 spell-items
if one FA quest is limited to ws, all player will lost 1 of 2 spell-items

I do prefer my suggestion ( open sub-quest-tab , even do not need to cycle quest)
open sub-tab...so if any visit give a spell item, or even 3 spells, i can get all 3 spell-tem (wand, potion and hat)
at the end of tournament, I can get all wand, potion and hat

SoggyShorts

when visiting hoods, I have to set both FA-quest to
spell quest hoping I can get 2 spell-item... wand, potion or hat
If i am lucky, I get 3 spell-items
Yep, that's the trade off. Slightly harder to get spells when visiting neighbors, so it may cost you 2 or 3 badges over the 6 day event.
Compare that to 50% less clicking. The devs could also very very easily change the number of spell badges needed, completely removing your concern.
I do prefer my suggestion ( open sub-quest-tab , even do not need to cycle quest)
@Marindor has already stated that a quest change that big will take "a very long time". Considering that "soon" means 4-6 months, how long do you think "very long" means? 1 year? 1.5? So unless you want zero changes to the next 7-8 FA, I think we need to settle for something super easy for the devs to do.
It (your idea conqueror9)would indeed require a complete overhaul, which is something we're already planning on doing so, but which will indeed take a lot of time. Because this is already being worked on, I'll archive this thread now :)

DeletedUser

-1 I frequently worked on 2 quests at the time, and also as @conqueror9 wrote you would miss out on spells when giving NH or with the tournament chests on saterday

SoggyShorts

-1 I frequently worked on 2 quests at the time, and also as @conqueror9 wrote you would miss out on spells when giving NH or with the tournament chests on saterday
So in order to get 3-4 more spell badges you are happy with 100% more clicking to decline quests?o_O
What if they implement this idea, but reduce the number of spell badges needed?

Ashrem

There will, and should be, trade-offs in everything. I'd happily lose one badge a day for half as many clicks. The game is too mouse intensive already, and the FA's are agony for my wrists and fingers.

DeletedUser1739

It is an IS that has been proposed and reported on the French forum if I remember correctly.:)

DeletedUser2300

+1

This is not a bad idea at all, and the rate at arriving at your desired quest line is higher than what the current system offer.

I do wonder, when will things get fix...I heard it will be "really soon". I will send inno my carpel tunnel bills

Dawien

+1
I'd prefer 50% fewer clicks any time over not being able to have all quest-combo's open at the same time.

edeba

I mostly have a workshop quest half done while I cycle for another workshop quest. I would not like this. I would lose a ton of badges or production time. This is really an extreme restraint on how you go for badges.

SoggyShorts

I mostly have a workshop quest half done while I cycle for another workshop quest. I would not like this. I would lose a ton of badges or production time. This is really an extreme restraint on how you go for badges.
I find it hard to picture this....
Are you setting 3 workshops to groceries and doing 3/5 of a farmers badge while using the rest of your workshops to do something else?
What advantage are you getting by not setting workshops to complete full badges?
Why not set all buildings to finish at the same time like when your next log in is planned?

I'm genuinely curious, and open to learning new strategies that I may have missed.

Karvest

You can have main workshops producing what you need for regular gameplay (say 6 workshops with 3h cycle for 13k supplies quest + part of carpenters badge) + have bunch of workshops producing brewery badges that are currently needed. So you would loose 6/10 of carpenters if you will be forced to cycle for brewery.