• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Not a Bug Spire points tally incorrect/misleading

UlyssesBlue

Game version: v1.94-beta.5-(7ac722f) (2019-11-25 12:24)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 70.0.1
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.293
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1440 x 900
Account name: UlyssesBlue
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: n/a

Current situation:
If I open the fellowship progress bar on the Spire and hover over my icon, the number it displays is the total points I have earned on that map, rather than the total points I have earned in the spire. Not sure if this is intentional or not, but total per map isn't all that useful, while total for the whole spire would be. There is no clarification anywhere what this number means, so it would be more intuitive if this were the total overall, rather than the total for the current map.

Expected situation:
Number should display total points earned in spire.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Click on Spire in your city map.
2. Click on fellowship progress tab on the side.
3. Find your icon and hover over it to show the number of points obtained.
4. Progress through the spire til at least map 2, while monitoring the points shown in step 3.
5. Note that this number reflects the number of points you've obtained on that map/level, not the total obtained in the whole spire.

Screenshots of the bug:
spire points bug.png

Last edited:

UlyssesBlue

for me it shows total acquired when i hover over my avatar
Can you clarify what your map position is and the total shown?

I am on map 2, and have completed the first 8 encounters. The number displayed for me is 10. Apparently it's supposed to be 31 (first map is worth 21 points).

UlyssesBlue

Huh. That's interesting. Perhaps the bug only occurs in the second map? If more people could report their position and points we could determine if that's the case.

Artemis84

Maybe it's still worth explaining:
You only see the amount of points you contributed to the current Spire Progress of your Fellowship. So if you made progress in another fellowship or without a fellowship and then join, you only see what you contributed to this fellowship, so the position you are at and the points you contributed are no longer 'aligned'.

Dony

King of Bugs
its exactly the same as switching fellowship for tournament, personal score carrying over, fellowship contribution is not

UlyssesBlue

I have indeed recently changed fellowships, so it would appear that is the contributing factor here.

There's not yet any clarification that it's meant to work like this. I would personally prefer to see the entirety of our personal scores go to our current fellowships as that is the most logical way of doing things. At least this won't be an ongoing issue if the fellowship change is the reason for the score discrepancy.

Dony

King of Bugs
I have indeed recently changed fellowships, so it would appear that is the contributing factor here.

There's not yet any clarification that it's meant to work like this. I would personally prefer to see the entirety of our personal scores go to our current fellowships as that is the most logical way of doing things. At least this won't be an ongoing issue if the fellowship change is the reason for the score discrepancy.
that would be greatly abused, find 22 ppl with 63 score, let them all join and you get all prizes

UlyssesBlue

that would be greatly abused, find 22 ppl with 63 score, let them all join and you get all prizes
Is that a realistic scenario though? How would you find such people, especially that many? Is there any way to look up how many points people outside your fellowship have scored? Asking on the forums won't get you a quick response. Trying to find and coordinate that many people in the few days that the spire runs for would be a massive task. It would be like herding cats. I'm not sure many would consider that level of effort to be worth the prizes on offer. Easier just to gradually build a fellowship of spire enthusiasts and work towards maxing out your prizes.

While the scenario you describe might be technically possible, I would argue the difficulty of such a task would make it nigh on impossible, and therefore exceptionally rare, and may not ever actually happen. At the very least your characterisation of it as something that could be "greatly abused" is incorrect.

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
im happy you managed to figuer this one out all by yourself.
So marking this as not a bug.

only your contribution when you were in the current FS can count, otherwise there would be scenarios where you could do the spire with more then 25 people just to be able to get the rewards easily.