• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Answered Spire of strangeness!

csari

I would like to ask if it is possible for a team to score above the maximum of 1575 points in the Tower? If possible, how can you do it?
Maybe there is some loophole that can be used to play 63 points / person tower numbers?
I had an interesting sight last week. Two teams competed for first place in the tower rankings. One reached 1575 maximum points and then a few moments before closing the other overtook him by 1580 points.
Not everyone has the same requirements? Does anyone have more, does anyone have less? So far, I thought the maximum of the tower is a fixed number and there can be no difference between the teams.
What do you think might have happened?
What you see in the picture happened on the Hungarian server, but it can actually happen anywhere, even here on Beta.

Attachments

• 2020-08-01 18 00 23át.jpg
    2020-08-01 18 00 23át.jpg
    57.6 KB · Views: 148

Lovec Krys

If a city makes points and leaves the points stays with FS. If you do it with several cities, you can get over max. points.

Deleted User - 86059

We only deal with Beta here. If you have questions relating to your live server you need to deal with it on that forum

Pauly7

Answering, as I think this is a general question so it could be about Beta... There are a lot of fellowships that go way beyond the "maximum". They do it for the sake of being competitive with other fellowships. Some teams will rotate players in and out during a Spire week just so that they can have more than 25 people going to the top. As @Lovec Krys says, when a person leaves an FS midweek, their Spire points stay with the team.

csari

I apologize. My question can affect any server where the tower works. There's something I didn't understand so I asked.
I didn’t ask for help, I asked a question about the game and it’s incomprehensible to me why when someone travels between teams, why don’t you take your points with you? Thus, the team you enter and tower again will have an advantage. So can you do the tower in multiple teams in the same tower period?

iDavis

@csari but changing fellowship doesn't change anything about your spire progress, so technically yes, but only a part of it in each fellowship.

Karvest

For me it's the same abuse as was with FA at the beginning, you can easy push any FS up to gold trophy using lvl3 accounts doing only 1 map (or even 2 first gates without waiting for cooldown/using time instants).
For FA it was fixed, but for spire left as is despite of support requests asking if it's normal.

DeletedUser3314

Typical Inno. In one of their other games, Warlords of Aternum, they recently introduced something similar and had the same problem: a FS which everyone could join, do the required task and left. At the end of the competition all those who joined & left shared in an enormous bonus rewards. :(

Last edited by a moderator:

csari

I think this trend is unfair. A team that only expels a player for this reason is behaving unethically. It gains an advantage that exploits a gap within the game and does so at the team level.
I suggest that, although it does not particularly affect the amount of reward earned, points should not be left in during migrations. According to the tournament, the exiter should also take his points with him to where he is going. This avoids machining with Tower Points.

galrond

At a point I actually thought, that you had to be in the FS from the start of a spire/ tournament/ FA, to get the reward. I´ve learned it´s not so.
Haven´t it been so a some point in the past?
I also think the points should be removed, if a player leaves the FS.
But the player shouldn´t bring their points with them to another FS.
This would lead to the abuse, that a player could help the new FS to gold with points not gained by the FS.
In the extreme this could lead to "shell" FS, where ppl scoring 63 points gather before spire reset. Get their rewards, and then return to their normal FS to do whatever they do inside FS.
Imo there should be NO rewards for switching FS "midstream" in any activity, but gladly given a punishment to both FS and player. If you can´t stay with a FS for a little under a week. then either you or the FS (maybe both) has a major malfunction o_O
Ofc situations can arise, where someone "HAS" to be kicked, but it shouldn´t be something you do lightly.

galrond

We only deal with Beta here. If you have questions relating to your live server you need to deal with it on that forum
If someone has questions about the game, why shouldn´t they ask them here? This is where the most knowledgeable players are. I´ve learned far more about the game while being on this forum (4-6 weeks) than the rest of my time playing.
Danish forum is deader than disco, so very little info there (same goes for danish wiki).
The rules should be the same no matter what (live) server you´re on. So if there´s a issue on hungarian server, then the same issue could be on danish, german or US servers.
If you has surgestions to the game, why not post it here on beta? It has to come by here a some point anyway :p

Pauly7

This all isn't a big deal because no one actually gains anything by going beyond the level for gold. The only difference is being able to see that they got a bigger score than another fellowship, but they aren't rewarded for that, nor is it recorded or remembered... So I guess there's no urgent motivation to close the loophole.

csari

This all isn't a big deal because no one actually gains anything by going beyond the level for gold. The only difference is being able to see that they got a bigger score than another fellowship, but they aren't rewarded for that, nor is it recorded or remembered... So I guess there's no urgent motivation to close the loophole.
Can't you imagine competitions in Tower performance? If this is not the case then why rank from it? One of the fundamental shortcomings of the tower is what I have highlighted. The points of the outgoing man could not remain inside the tower, he would have to take him with him if he left the fraternity. It’s an individual performance, so these are his scores wherever he goes with him. And from where you exit, you have to sign up as a minus.

PrimroseSylvia

This all isn't a big deal because no one actually gains anything by going beyond the level for gold
In our live forum we had that "report" too, but it's more about principles than being rewarded. We all know that there's no further reward for those who go for gold, but it's the way it can be reached that sounds so... unethical.
If someone has questions about the game, why shouldn´t they ask them here?[...] The rules should be the same no matter what (live) server you´re on.
Because there was a referring to another server and mods here can't access to those datas; just like @Marindor answered some days ago about bug report
If you find them on Live and can't reproduce it here for whatever reason, please only report in on your Live forums. We run a different game version here, so it might already be resolved or just not happen anymore. Also our development team will sometimes need to check your logs to search for an error and we don't have your Live account logs here on Beta, so please only report things here when you can (still) reproduce them on Beta and make sure to use the bug report template, including details like the account name you encountered the bug on here.

Pauly7

In our live forum we had that "report" too, but it's more about principles than being rewarded. We all know that there's no further reward for those who go for gold, but it's the way it can be reached that sounds so... unethical.
Oh I'm not going to argue with that and it doesn't sit well with me. What I'm saying, though, is that people are not giving themselves a big advantage in the game. It's just bragging rights. Therefore there's less motivation for the devs to close the loophole than there would be if these players were each getting an extra 100KP or something.
Can't you imagine competitions in Tower performance? If this is not the case then why rank from it?
I get the competition aspect. I'm not entirely sure why the team scores are ranked in the Spire, though. I think that tournament team rankings would be a little more meaningful, but they don't do that.

PaNonymeB

Oh I'm not going to argue with that and it doesn't sit well with me. What I'm saying, though, is that people are not giving themselves a big advantage in the game. It's just bragging rights. Therefore there's less motivation for the devs to close the loophole than there would be if these players were each getting an extra 100KP or something.
I think some fellowships use this loophole to reach the gold, and then it's not "just bragging rights" as it gives 150 diamonds to those who go to the top.

CrazyWizard

There is no competition in the spire, you gain nothing from it, and that rank was only there so you could figure out what guild you should join. which has now been replaced by those medals.

It's a loophole that could be used for guilds to make that last jump to gold.
It's really a good motivation if you could guarantee to your fellows that gold is guaranteed, it's quite hard to motivate people to go for the top when they need to invest diamonds without a guarantee for the grand price. if you can guarantee it, it becomes easier to motivate others to go for it, and once you are at that point, those tricks aren't needed anymore at all. it's a psycological barrier.

In the very first week some german server a guild hit over 3500 points,, let those people be, who cares, gold is gold and it it's 1330 points or 13300 points it doesn't matter at all.

DeletedUser3289

In light of so many punitive actions for effort, a small motivation only goes into the positive. For, A small FS just making it from silver to gold I think the gamers deserve so much.
For the rest, I don’t care about staring set numbers and feeling proud/ irritated.

And finally, Socrates encouraged questioning, whether its beta live or Russian

Post script : for the literary/ history/beta enthusiasts
Here are the six types of questions Socrates posed:
  • Clarifying concepts.
  • Probing assumptions.
  • Probing rationale, reasons and evidence.
  • Questioning viewpoints and perspectives.
  • Probing implications and consequences.
  • Questioning the question.