• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

CrazyWizard

It's not ;) But instead of nitpicking - I think everyone got your point - I'll play devil's advocate. While I largely agree with what you're saying, we actually don't know real stats about their customer behavior. While higher volume on lower price sometimes is the answer, it is not always the case (e.g. luxury goods providers). And as we don't have this data (speculation about what we individually think, or even a few of our friends think, is not data), Inno does have this data. Assuming they do have a reasonably competent marketing department, that is. And given that they're a large, successful and profitable company there is no reason to believe that they don't.

Keep in mind that forum participants are not necessarily a good representation of the playerbase at large. So, there is that.

Fixed,

I am not suggesting they should change all, I am suggesting they should more diversify there sales options.
For example Instead of 24k gold toilets, they could also make silver ones, aluminium, and porcelein toilets.
Each toilet is targetting a different group,
  • Gold ones target the super rich
  • Silver ones target the rich that aren't rich enough
  • Aluminium ones target those that have a few bucks more and are looking for a certain look / design
  • Porcelein ones are for the average Joe.
Lets just say not all targets are served in the game so there is plenty more to get out of the market.

edeba

Totally agree that lots of people will spend a little, and I use to the outpost on both beta and live. I think I still got it on live after the first increase, but I just stopped after that.

The other thing, I pointed out their value to my FS, so many in it purchased as well. I wouldn't promote it to anyone at that price.

There's lots of ways people can be enticed to spend small amounts.

My response to that would be:
  • Good, we found a goldmine, there seems to be a group willing to spend 5 euro without thinking, what else can me make/create/sell in this price bracket?
Elvenar commercial team thinking
  • Wow these sell wel, there to cheap, lets double down next time (10 euro)

maxiqbert

So we, atlas, made it to the golden trophy.

Yet i think that 1330 points is too hard.
why? because we're the only ones, and only did it once. and not with much margin.

@Marindor any idea if we can hope a little reduction of this?

edeba

What I would like to see with the spire is where all of the players are. Right now players that have not started or played it do not show up and they should show up at the bottom.

It would also be nice to be able to see the spire history after it has finished, not just the final score.

DeletedUser1953

I compare 2 cities at chapter XVI, and what i see is horrifing, 66% more expensive because i invest more in AW and expansions !! (the more frustrating if you buy expansions, spire is more expensive ^^), but my city is not 66% more powerfull (some AWs are weak) !

Jackluyt

Does someone perhaps have the correct recipe that is used to calculate fighting difficulty in the Spire?
And Diplomacy costs too?
I have heard various versions, and wondered if anyone has the correct official explanation.
Thanks!
:)

Deleted User - 81672

I do not know it this was posted before but just realized that the prize "Portal Profit 10%" is in both High Halls and Laboratory last stage.
I don't think that fair since is a higher difficulty to reach Laboratory.
Since the diamonds are higher (75 vs 50 ) Portal Profit should be 20-25 %.

Attachments

• High Halls.JPG
    High Halls.JPG
    20.2 KB · Views: 136
  • Laboratory.JPG
    Laboratory.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 140

Deleted User - 81672

@Karvest For me also, a PP from chest in spire-it's a failed chest, but it's the principal of it, they shouldn't be equal. Someone screw up.

DeletedUser2378

I don't play very actively in the Spire but when I do it's specifically to gain some Portal Profit Instants (same with the Magic Academy Crafting). I guess it just depends on how each of us chooses to play. An increase in % would be nice for the PP won in the Laboratory. :)

Richord

for me the spire is useless besides the diamonds. I don't want to spend time and all kinds of stuff to 'just' get diamonds.
Until a majority of my fs' do want to up our games.

Enevhar Aldarion

Yes, the "value" of most of the third floor prizes is not worth the effort to complete it. The chests from the regular fights on the third floor having the same prizes as the chests on the 1st floor is poor design. If I am using more troops or more goods to complete those encounters, the rewards should increase with the increase of what I have to use to complete them. In my Live server city, I almost never do any of the third floor encounters unless my fellowship is just a few points away from a waypoint. I think a lot of fellowships are giving up on the third floor. Last week on US1-Arendyll, only 9 fellowships completed all the group rewards and got gold. And none of the silver fellowships were even close to gold. The first two floors are alright, but if Inno wants more fellowships completing the Spire, the third floor needs a lot more value than just a small chance at a Genie from the final boss.

Lovec Krys

@CiraKelley It depends where in the tech tree you are and for how long (and how many) you get PPs from events, Spire & some evo buildings (f.e. Fire Phoenix produces on 10th (and I thing even 9th) level 5%PP each day).
If you are low chapter enough and progress fast, you might be short of them, but once you get to the end you spend only portion of your PPs supply and then only gather them for several months between chapters.
My current PPs stock is 3695% and to finish the Embassies chaper I might need around 400-500%, after that, I'll gain even more of them, so when I get PPs from Spire I just wish I get something more usefull next.

DeletedUser2378

@CiraKelley It depends where in the tech tree you are and for how long (and how many) you get PPs from events, Spire & some evo buildings (f.e. Fire Phoenix produces on 10th (and I thing even 9th) level 5%PP each day).
If you are low chapter enough and progress fast, you might be short of them, but once you get to the end you spend only portion of your PPs supply and then only gather them for several months between chapters.
My current PPs stock is 3695% and to finish the Embassies chaper I might need around 400-500%, after that, I'll gain even more of them, so when I get PPs from Spire I just wish I get something more usefull next.
Yeah, I understand that. It just depends on where we all are in the game, as you say, and our individual play styles. I'm in the Constructs over here just dawdling along through the game. ;) I don't need Portal Profits necessarily...it's just something I personally look forward to receiving...that and of course diamonds when I choose to play along in the Spire. I agree with all of the above comments. Just giving a different perspective. :)