• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

CrazyWizard

for me it tells everything, bronze is for FS who doesnt even know it exists, silver is for average FS, and gold for FS where majority ALL following the same path, similar to fellowship adventure where first prizes are not existent and players are still doing it for getting first 3 places
i do agree there should he 4th trophy for 10 chests in tournament

14 people who reach the end and 11 people who reach the 3rd stage is not a majority, thats pretty much all players.
For every player that's not active that week another 2 players need to reach the summit of the tower.

Comparing it ain't fair, you can reach the 10 chest with 2 extremly active players. but you cant reacht the summit of the tower with less than 21 and a bit extreme players

Similar with the FSA a few hyper active players can easily do the quickest route towards the prizes.

The tower? not a chance, and again the diffenrence between silver, silver +1, silver +2 and silver +3 is huge.
If I am active and there is no "weekly gold" fellowship on my server (which is most servers) then I want that silver +2/+3 server, and the only way to find those is to look at the ranking any "silver" fellowship won't do.

DeletedUser1657

for me it tells everything, bronze is for FS who doesnt even know it exists, silver is for average FS, and gold for FS where majority following the same path, similar to fellowship adventure where first prizes are not existent and players are still doing it for getting first 3 places
i do agree there should he 4th trophy for 10 chests in tournament

But couldn't a fellowship just do a push week to get a better trophy and then ignore it from there? Trophy only tells you the max major level they have achieved in the past, not a current achievement. Just the same as tournament, a fellowship might get a blueprint once and another might get one every week but both have done 10 chests.

In the very short term the trophy might tell us something but eventually I think they will be far less relevant. They almost need to add stars or some other decoration to represent milestones in-between especially for silver as there is a big difference there in achievement. That or stars for repeat achievements, better if that was over past 10 weeks or something so trophys reflected recent achievements.

Dony

King of Bugs
Trophy only tells you the max major level they have achieved in the past
i was under impression that it will tell me exactly how many times fellowship got each trophy, like 1xgold, 21xsilver, 5xbronze
spire.PNG

if that is not true, then it needs to be added

maxiqbert

well, it's still possible to move bronze and silver to something more meaningful
ie bronze for 880 points and silver for 1080

Karvest

If it would show overall number of obtained trophies, it would tell nothing about recent FS activity after few months...

CrazyWizard

well, it's still possible to move bronze and silver to something more meaningful
ie bronze for 880 points and silver for 1080

I think this would be a much better choice.

bronze is a joke, even for a beginner guild if 10 people just bglare at the spire they already have it.

bronze, thats 11 players doing 2 chests of 2 players doing the spire, it simply can't be considered a milestone.
Thats a milestone similar to the 1st chest of the tournament.

It are the last few chest that are the hardest, most guilds have a hard time getting past the 2nd stage.
Wood, Bronze, Silver, Gold would make total sense in that regard.

DeletedUser2836

I really welcome this new feature of Spire's medals as well as the ranking system before. Competitive FS's love to show their achivements wether be with Glorious Archs of Triumph in their cities or now with these prestige metals. But I cant help but feel that tournament-based FS's most of the time dont receive the recognition they deserve. Tourney's lovers players heat the chairs with their asses for hours 6 times (rounds) a week in order to make very high scores sacrificing a lot of troops, resources and time just to achieve the very same than FS's with 25 players making 1600 points every week. It doesnt matter if they make 150k points, they will get the same as one that made 40k. They wont get more prizes for their effort, there wont be medals, there wont be FS tournament ranking (Yes it exists in Elvenstats, but not in-game).
That cap of 40000 points maybe was correct in the past before phoenixes, bears and other new stuff, but now with many players doing an average of 15k per week is totally anachronistic. Literally 3 top players can achieve the 10° chest with the other 22 siting in a sofa watching The Simpsons. It will be a good idea to start thinking about an extension from 10 chests to 15 with a 2nd blueprint or something like that in the 15th chest.
Now that FS's prestige will be classified in gold, silver and bronze only for their Spire's perfomances, I feel for those FS working their asses off in tournaments to reach numbers like 100k, 200k, 340k and even 365k just for nothing.

DeletedUser1657

bronze is a joke, even for a beginner guild if 10 people just bglare at the spire they already have it.

While bronze is easy enough to attain I don't think its purpose is for the more established fellowship but the newer fellowships full of new players. I am watching a new town (mid-chapter 3) in a small fellowship and they hit that bronze level each week. For the size of the fellowship and their members that is a good achievement. So a trophy like that is useful when looking at similarly small/new/casual/solo fellowships. Whereas a player looking for a more active fellowship is likely to skip past a bronze only spire fellowship cause as you said it is easy to obtain and for higher levels of activity one expects higher levels of achievement.

Having gold for like 10 rewards and platinum (or whatever) for all rewards would be more useful I feel across the board then shifting bronze from its current spot. I suspect however it will stay tied to the rewards where the diamonds are given/maps completed.

Lovec Krys

@Drea Those, who plays top tournament scores every week, does it usualy for themself (for all the resources and points gained).
Someone - I think it was here on beta forum - has written that they mentioned in one of the Q/A that they might add more chests in tourneys.

I agree with players above - that difference between silver and gold is very huge and best would be adding another trophy for the middle (10th chest).

edeba

If the trophies are for "bragging rights," I thought there would something saying how many you'd actually won, but this looks like each week it is replaced with the new week. If the only good from it is to have a sense of how a fs does on the spire, why not just put in the previous week score. It is way more precise than the trophies.

maxiqbert

I think the last step is a lot too steep
not only for the gold medal, but also for the final chest
seeing that you need 1330 points and maxi points for 1 player is 63, it leaves only a very small margin for absents or slow moving between doors...
IMHO those numbers should be crunched a bit more,

I'd be a lot more comfortable with a final score at something between 1240 and 1280 . Why? because 63 x20 = 1260, and it's more or less what I expect is regularly doable for a VERY ACTIVE fellowship, so if you want to make it harder put in another 20 points, if you want to cut us some slack reduce it 20.

Which would make significative medals at
gold : 1260
silver : 1080 (could be less, 945 maybe, like 3/4 of a gold, if bronze is also reduced, see next line)
bronze : 880 (could be less, something around 630 maybe so half a gold, depending on the sense we give this one)

edeba

I see that I missed that it will count the trophies on the FS information page.

I agree maxiqbert, the last chest is very steep. But the prizes are also very sweet. So with what you are saying, to get all chests a FS must have at least 22 players with 21 going to the top and the last one making up the difference. That isn't much wriggle room at all.

Heymrdiedier

So i think i missed something, whats the point to these medals and how do they help your gameplay?
Or are they just for bragging rights? a bit like 1ste place on FSA, although there you at least get a nice building?

edeba

You can have more nice buildings than you can use...
So i think i missed something, whats the point to these medals and how do they help your gameplay?
Or are they just for bragging rights? a bit like 1ste place on FSA, although there you at least get a nice building?

maxiqbert

I see that I missed that it will count the trophies on the FS information page.

I agree maxiqbert, the last chest is very steep. But the prizes are also very sweet. So with what you are saying, to get all chests a FS must have at least 22 players with 21 going to the top and the last one making up the difference. That isn't much wriggle room at all.
I'm not sure I understand you
what do you say finally? Agree with me or think it should stay the way it is (or something else entirely) ?

Arthus

I wish there was a way for players who completed the spire to get bonus points just like there's way in fellowship adventures.
Vortex with 1-2 point fight every few hours or so.

UlyssesBlue

Perhaps if it could also show average spirit essence obtained? This would show a lot more finesse that just gold/silver/bronze, and you could easily tell the difference between a fellowship that consistently gets halfway between two maps and one who only reaches the border.