• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

palmira

5th chest on the second level of the spire, beta vs live, 30% difference in squad sizes :(

Captura de ecrã 2019-08-30, às 09.23.44.png
Captura de ecrã 2019-08-30, às 09.24.19.png

Arthus

Again @Arthus please be respectful and again we will not be moving on in this discussion as it is the discussion for feedback for 'The Spire'.
I am not a tournament junkie so I use the Spire a lot as I use my MA constantly I like the CC's and the fragments. I do admit I'm not a fighter and only convince option and I actually enjoy it.

I'm respectful, you were disrespectful to me and other players by releasing spire that is not doable by any means, all fights were defeats.

You seem to be only respectful to the players that worship you for everything you release and it's not the case with me and some other players.

You released a total fail and so you will be reminded that fail is fail, it was not even possible for me to make it to the 3rd floor without time boosters. Even with them, Spire of Failolnity ended before entering 3rd floor.

Everyone in my fellowship clearly criticised terribly expensive trading options without 100% chance of success, undoable fights, and weak as hell rewards for the effort. The girl that got your "Moonstone Library" burned it immediately because she makes more scrolls in her two manufactories in 3h than in 4x4 building in 21h.

Last edited:

Lovec Krys

@Arthus One point about Moonstone Library - the building isn't worth itself, but only with full bonus - because of catalyst production - but of course, that won't be appreciated by all players. And yes, to get full bonus it's a long run if you want to have reasonable expenses (doing only mostly first floor) or having a big luck and get full set with minimum tries (unlikely happen).
But I agree that the expenses/rewards ratio is even worse than in FA (there it is bearable if whole fellowship is participating and at least several members are between chapter or at the end of tech tree with some free space for extra manufactories/workshops).

Arthus

fights are on par with round2 in tournament, if you have problem with this incredibly easy fights you shouldnt fight at all

These fights on floor 1 have more enemies than tournaments in round 6.

In round 2 in tournament i have 100 squads compared to opponents squad and in spire i have 3-4 squads and that's all, not even enough to fill the army window.

ferrari13

The differences not just 80%, but even more. (my both cities at the end of the tech tree)
On the last boss, the gold cost for my beta city was 800k, for my live city it was 1100k, and for Dony (according to the posted video) was 2000k. (same ratios for other resources)
Also squad sizes the same. I don't know the beta size, but on live it was 13868 (for Dony 25457).

Values (beta / live)
Provinces: 388 / 492
AW levels: 35 / 115
Score: 371k / 640k
Expansions: 105 / 115
Fire phoenix: Lvl 8 / Lvl 10, Stonehange: Lvl 8 / Lvl 0, Mermaids Paradise: Lvl 10 / Lvl 0
Relics: 234-292-648-128-522-285-1-501-353 / 1449-983-1646-1547-880-1943-891-1886-1548 (bold: boosted t1-t3)
Culture: 125% / 125%
Ranking: 380 / 123
Squad size: 3258 / 3699
Working population: 174k / 334k
Required culture: 161k / 231k
Tournaments ranking points: 10 / 2270
Both at the end of the tech tree

Not sure which of these have an impact for squad sizes / costs.

The fights are really very easy (on manual). I can't done the last boss with diplomacy (4 tries), so I tried to fight, and easily win (with 50% phoenix). The only problem that the squad sizes are so big, which means much losses.

Dony

King of Bugs
These fights on floor 1 have more enemies than tournaments in round 6.

In round 2 in tournament i have 100 squads compared to opponents squad and in spire i have 3-4 squads and that's all, not even enough to fill the army window.
and whats the problem? train more units, writing on the forums wont give you more units

CrazyWizard

The differences not just 80%, but even more. (my both cities at the end of the tech tree)
On the last boss, the gold cost for my beta city was 800k, for my live city it was 1100k, and for Dony (according to the posted video) was 2000k. (same ratios for other resources)
Also squad sizes the same. I don't know the beta size, but on live it was 13868 (for Dony 25457).

Values (beta / live)
Provinces: 388 / 492
AW levels: 35 / 115
Score: 371k / 640k
Expansions: 105 / 115
Fire phoenix: Lvl 8 / Lvl 10, Stonehange: Lvl 8 / Lvl 0, Mermaids Paradise: Lvl 10 / Lvl 0
Relics: 234-292-648-128-522-285-1-501-353 / 1449-983-1646-1547-880-1943-891-1886-1548 (bold: boosted t1-t3)
Culture: 125% / 125%
Ranking: 380 / 123
Squad size: 3258 / 3699
Working population: 174k / 334k
Required culture: 161k / 231k
Tournaments ranking points: 10 / 2270
Both at the end of the tech tree

Not sure which of these have an impact for squad sizes / costs.

The fights are really very easy (on manual). I can't done the last boss with diplomacy (4 tries), so I tried to fight, and easily win (with 50% phoenix). The only problem that the squad sizes are so big, which means much losses.

I already hit 2200K gold on the second stage of the tower.
I don't even want to know the 3rd stage :(

As for fighting, it all depends on luck, if you got a plain bad 2wave or 3wave fight it could be impossible to complete it under normal circumstances (asuming you dont thow down 50 combat buildings in that case all fights are easy :p )

DeletedUser2579

Yup! . Garbage! . Can't finish 2nd tier. it's that FoE double attack garbage. . 1st tier (up to the door). Ok, used/needed only 1 troop(type) Heavy Melee. . 2nd tier double attack (needed 2 troops) lost 1 type in 1st round. Done playing this imported crap!

Sure, it's a spire rather than a romp through the woods; from combat to treasure, rinse and repeat. don't allow more troops, just waste them because they were too tough to persevere.

And the negotiations, past the 1st few they require you to spend money. Take that crap back to FoE too!

destroy the spire or make it new; stop importing that garbage of forced diamonds and over powered troops. That's my opinion on the Spire

I wasn't being constructive, this is a discussion post on a forum meant to improve Elvenar for everyone; so, I apologize to everyone for my out-burst of feelings regarding the Spire. . So, let me see if I can be constructive on the subject.

First time I encountered the spire, spending goods to open a chest wasn't an option. . I probably should have realized then that there was going to be an issue. . Not long after that I thought I'd try Inno's FoE, that's Forge of Empires. . I played it until I realized that game costs twice as much to play. . The tiles are slightly cheaper, but the tiles are 4x4. . Then there's about 5-6 building types to our 4 ($, supply, goods, culture), because of this and the individual troop buildings needed to cover both offense and attacking cities, you need 4x the tiles. . But, how this relates, is one feature of that game was their spire. . No, actually a romp through the woods, but the mechanics are identical. . A few encounters and a double wave of combat with your remaining troops. . Sound familiar? . The other option there was negotiating. . First few encounters free; after that, unless you were lucky enough, you had to pay diamonds. . Don't remember if they're called that, but suffice it to say, they were that game's commodity you literally spent your cash on. That should sound familiar too, the negotiations part.

My term garbage referred to this, I buy diamonds. I never want any game telling me how I MUST spend them. . That's one reason I thought Elvenar was the best game ever. . Now, not so much; the PTBs are showing there greed. . Crap. . Yup that's what I called it. . Looks like I thought as much about double attacks. . I'd quit FoE before, negotiations wee released here. . Then I quit playing the spire all together. . Thievery, that's what I think of Negotiations. . So please revert back to Elvenar negotiations from FOE. . Hence the comment about player vs player and guild (FS) vs guild.

There's my constructive version. . I hope this helps.

Deleted User - 60107

I thought I'd try Inno's FoE, that's Forge of Empires. . I played it until I realized that game costs twice as much to play.
That is simply NOT TRUE! Yes, expansions in FoE are 4x4. But Premium expansions are much cheaper than in Elvenar: The first two cost 200 Diamonds each, the next two cost 400 Diamonds each, and the next twelve cost 600 Diamonds each. After that you can buy six expansions for 800 Diamonds each, and so on. Compare that to the cost of Premium expansions in Elvenar...

because of this and the individual troop buildings needed to cover both offense and attacking cities, you need 4x the tiles.
In FoE you have unattached units - units that don't need buildings. 99,99% of all players use such units for city defense. Thus your military buildings should be only for units that you will use for attacking. Or you can use unattached units for attacking too - just be careful not to lose too many. The only time you NEED to have military buildings in your city is when you have Alcatraz, as it gives you random unattached units, but limited to the types of units you can produce in your city.

A few encounters and a double wave of combat with your remaining troops.
The very first 2-wave battle in FoE's GE consists of 6 units (3 of one type and 3 of another) followed by 3 units of one type. Total of nine units, but divided in two. While you get to use 8 units against the first wave, and then the surviving units against the second wave. What's more, the enemy units are from the PREVIOUS AGE, not your current age. You should have no trouble with such a battle and you should win without losing a single unit, unless you really suck at combat, or unless you rush through the ages without bothering to level up Zeus and your other Great Buildings that boost your units' stats when attacking.

My term garbage referred to this, I buy diamonds. I never want any game telling me how I MUST spend them.
There is no "MUST"! You are NOT required to use Diamonds - doesn't matter if we are talking about FoE's GE or Elvenar's Spire. A few times I have completed all four levels of GE, and I did it without spending a single Diamond. But I did buy an extra negotiation turn - from the Friends Tavern, lasts 15 minutes (doesn't matter how many negotiations I do during that time).

I COULD complete the Spire too without spending any Diamonds - it's just not worth the cost (in goods and troops) I will have to pay. Even if they add the option to get an extra Convince turn without Diamonds it STILL would not be worth it for me - the odds of getting a decent reward are too low.

No offense, lehayes, but it seems to me like you never bothered to learn FoE's combat system - it' very different from Elvenar's, especially once you're in in later ages and units start having various special skills, such as the ability to become invisible on a particular type of terrain.

@Marindor I saw this posted on the US forum:
5. Playing the Spire on multiple cities, each waiting on different gates to open, had me checking constantly to remind myself when the next level was ready. A visual indicator in the city that the next gate is open would be very useful.
I fully agree. This is one of those quality-of-life things that should have been there from the beginning.

Jaxom

Right now I am finding myself trying the Spire up to the point where I get a 2-wave or 3-wave battle that is not winnable unless if feed the phoenix or bring out other combat boost buildings.
If my FS was doing a big push in tournament I might use those and go further on the Spire. But that rarely happens in my Beta FS. On one of the live worlds I will give it a try when we do our 10-chest effort on Marble.

The rewards just don't warrant using the boosts, With Pet Food apparently becoming less obtainable I will have to be careful when I use it.
And the bribe/guess game - forget it. I'm not spending real money to buy diamonds to most likely win worthless prizes.

Maillie

The Spire is now quite like the tournament in the later rounds in difficulty. In my largest city in live I am set up to fight, so the tournaments come easier now. So does The Spire. In my smaller city and in the Beta city I do not have the AW's to provide free troops every 3 hours and boost them, so the Spire is very costly to get anywhere, without adequate rewards to compensate for the losses. In my fighting city I cruise through the first two rounds and stop. I may never see the Genie, but I can't afford to waste the troops trying for 3 waves of fighting for minimal rewards, when the fellowship's rewards might be much less if I have no means to help with the tournament. We're not a tournament-based fellowship and have no minimums, but we can finish 10 chests occasionally, which helps our cities grow, and I'm seeing Magic buildings sprouting up around the fellowship now that we can get blueprints, although diamond buildings are certainly not a requirement.

If your city is not set up with AW's for troops and troop health you will not do well in the Spire without using a lot of diamonds. It doesn't mean the Spire is not doable, at least in the first couple of rounds, for those who enjoy the fighting and have the AW's and Fire Phoenix to do so.

Marindor

@Loki Blue Please keep Live forums and Beta seperated. If people want to react on Live, they'll react on Live. Here we are gathering Beta feedback, thank you :)

Deleted User - 60107

Nice try, guys, nice try. Not gonna work, though. I am going to stick to doing the frist 4 to 7 Spire encounters. If I get a Teleportation spell - great! If not, I'll just wait until it is offered someplace else, like in an event. I don't have enough buildings I want to preserve to justify the costs of doing the Spire - ESPECIALLY since getting a Teleport spell is just as luck-based as every other Spire reward. Thanks, but no, thanks.