• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

DeletedUser1657

@Marindor Are you able to answer if skipping squad size techs is still a big advantage for spire? This is obviously a sore point for players in tournaments and I am curious if the same has followed here? Or perhaps there are plans to address this?

One can only assume/expect this to be the case, although your other criteria might be helping to bridge the gap a little. Regardless it would still leave the same aspect that less technology is better than more technology, which is bizarre.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2803

reducing difficulty to tournament level 15-30 province
You are comparing a single spire encounter (which give you direct reward) with a single tournament encounter, which doesn't give you anything as you have to do 4 to get a reward. Add up all costs of 4 tournament encounters on province 30 and you see that it is more expensive than spire.

DeletedUser2579

Have you changed the spire? Guess I could try it again, but since every other time ended in disaster, My expectations are very low. I'll let you know.

DeletedUser2579

My whole fellowship said that this spire is a total fail.
Sounds like my experience. Worst part, they appear to have borrowed the mechanics from Forge of Empires. Any FoE players that can confirm?

DeletedUser2630

How can I fight when my units, including AW, Fenix and two efect building crafts, are weaker than opponent's? This seems fair to you?

Spire last chest 3 level.

In the last few months, we've all had more tournament losses. Until now, thanks to the tower and the fact that I tried manual combat, I found out why.

There are not so big differences in the tournament, but our whole group has been complaining about the rising costs of the last month.

Constructs, 257 AW, 493 provincies, 3456 squadsize

2019-08-29_134003.jpg 2019-08-29_134030.jpg 2019-08-29_135029.jpg 2019-08-29_134657.jpg

2019-08-29_140108.jpg

DeletedUser2630

You are comparing a single spire encounter (which give you direct reward) with a single tournament encounter, which doesn't give you anything as you have to do 4 to get a reward. Add up all costs of 4 tournament encounters on province 30 and you see that it is more expensive than spire.

Not. For the number of units I lose in the second or third round in one chest. I can have hundreds of VBs, ruins, much of spells in the tournament, which if I use in the academy, I can make them better rewards than from one chest in the tower. The tower is a very disadvantageous thing.

DeletedUser2579

Have you changed the spire? Guess I could try it again, but since every other time ended in disaster, My expectations are very low. I'll let you know.

Yup! . Garbage! . Can't finish 2nd tier. it's that FoE double attack garbage. . 1st tier (up to the door). Ok, used/needed only 1 troop(type) Heavy Melee. . 2nd tier double attack (needed 2 troops) lost 1 type in 1st round. Done playing this imported crap!

Sure, it's a spire rather than a romp through the woods; from combat to treasure, rinse and repeat. don't allow more troops, just waste them because they were too tough to persevere.

And the negotiations, past the 1st few they require you to spend money. Take that crap back to FoE too!

destroy the spire or make it new; stop importing that garbage of forced diamonds and over powered troops. That's my opinion on the Spire

DeletedUser2579

I don't see it as a problem if they inspire each other in some of their features.
Next thing I expect to see is PvP and GvG theIt's bad enough that they destroyed fellowships by not allowing phone users messaging (mail system). They can't: properly participate in FA, communicate with other members. In my other world, As soon as FA is over, I'll be leaving my FS because of that very reason. No communication between players. I'd hate to not find a functional FS and leave the game.

DeletedUser2670

How can I fight when my units, including AW, Fenix and two efect building crafts, are weaker than opponent's? This seems fair to you?

Spire last chest 3 level.

In the last few months, we've all had more tournament losses. Until now, thanks to the tower and the fact that I tried manual combat, I found out why.

There are not so big differences in the tournament, but our whole group has been complaining about the rising costs of the last month.

Constructs, 257 AW, 493 provincies, 3456 squadsize

View attachment 6253 View attachment 6254 View attachment 6257 View attachment 6256

View attachment 6258

That info screen for your units actually doesn't take into account bigger squads in the spire, it only shows stats for your normal squad size. You can test it by going to some of the earlier provinces in the tournament (where the squad sizes are very small) or the army camp screen in barracks, open the info screen and it should show you the same stats. So if you want to know the stats of your units in the spire, you have to find out how many times is your spire squad bigger than your normal squad and multiply them by that coefficient.

So if in that specific encounter is your spire squad about 4 times as big as your normal squad, then you already have a bit of an advantage in stats... or you would have, if there weren't 3 waves of enemies

DeletedUser332

That info screen for your units actually doesn't take into account bigger squads in the spire, it only shows stats for your normal squad size. You can test it by going to some of the earlier provinces in the tournament (where the squad sizes are very small) or the army camp screen in barracks, open the info screen and it should show you the same stats. So if you want to know the stats of your units in the spire, you have to find out how many times is your spire squad bigger than your normal squad and multiply them by that coefficient.

So if in that specific encounter is your spire squad about 4 times as big as your normal squad, then you already have a bit of an advantage in stats... or you would have, if there weren't 3 waves of enemies

This is something that I noticed way back in 2017 and brought up on the US forums, and it really bothers me that apparently Inno hasn't noticed it yet. The enemy information displayed is always accurate to their squad size, but how come the same does not happen for players? No matter what your squad size is for a given battle, the information displayed is always for the base squad size viewable in your army camp. It's very annoying to compare army strengths in a battle with this improper calculation taking place. Of course, on mobile you can't even see the numerical stats for your units nor their bonuses so this is likely a very low priority for them. The more information is hidden, the more likely people are to pull out the credit card to get around confusing obstacles.

Dony

King of Bugs
This is something that I noticed way back in 2017 and brought up on the US forums, and it really bothers me that apparently Inno hasn't noticed it yet
they did noticed it, i did reported it as a bug back then and the answer was its not a bug

DeletedUser2670

they did noticed it, i did reported it as a bug back then and the answer was its not a bug

Of course it's not a bug, it's a feature, you get to do math problems while playing a game, what's not to like?

DeletedUser2630

Oh, does that mean I have to divide my opponent's numbers by the size of his unit? That's nonsense ...

But even so, for example, in the case of a heavy riot, the enemy has a little more lives per unit without bonuses. Overall, I feel that without any research over the past months, even in tournaments there are greater losses. Likewise, my teammates have noticed a greater loss from the fenix without moving. :(

DeletedUser2670

Oh, does that mean I have to divide my opponent's numbers by the size of his unit? That's nonsense ...

But even so, for example, in the case of a heavy riot, the enemy has a little more lives per unit without bonuses. Overall, I feel that without any research over the past months, even in tournaments there are greater losses. Likewise, my teammates have noticed a greater loss from the fenix without moving. :(
Yes, that would be nonsense, i didn't say to divide your opponents numbers (it shows his actual stats), but to multiply your numbers by number you get when you divide your spire squad size by your normal squad size (so if, for example, your spire squad is 12000 and your normal squad is 2000, you would get 6). And to get the actual stats your squads have when deployed in spire, you multiply the shown values by this number (if it shows that they have 100k hitpoints, with the coefficient 6 they would really have 600k). Of course, this is just an example, i don't know your squad size.

About the second thing... yes, i had the feeling that my losses in tournament have risen since they added phoenix, but that may be purely subjective and only caused by my bad memory and maybe just me expecting the losses to be significantly smaller (and when they are not, my misremembering brain kicks in and says they were smaller back then)... I guess there is a name for a fallacy like this, but honestly, i'm too lazy to look it up :)
But i'm not saying that they didn't, i really don't know, because i don't have the data, as that laziness in my life is all-encompassing so i didn't bother to record the losses.

Arthus

= If it isn't, we will make the necessary adjustments. :)

It isn't, majority said that multiple times. Thank you.

Today i made battle with units i produced 3 days. Lost all without a chance to win even if they were best for the fight.

Lost whole army again to fight for 500 spell fragments. Nonsense.

Last edited: