• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Lovec Krys

And majority of the fighters uses their troops in tournament. They don't have troops for both tournament and spire. And comparing Spire to the tournament, tournament wins.

@King Luckybaby Once they try and realize that they can't do both with the current Spire difficulty, most (if not all) of them will leave Spire as it is.

palmira

And majority of the fighters uses their troops in tournament. They don't have troops for both tournament and spire. And comparing Spire to the tournament, tournament wins.

@King Luckybaby Once they try and realize that they can't do both with the current Spire difficulty, most (if not all) of them will leave Spire as it is.

The first stage is doable, specially when we have leftover temporary buildings. I need to adjust my timings now that the timewarp is at level 11 for that but the prizes are not enticing. 2nd stage is a troop killer so I am not even trying.

UlyssesBlue

Just checking in to say the spire is still unplayable. It's impossible to fight much beyond the first gate on map 1, if I can even get that far. This is despite having advanced a chapter and several squad sizes since this feature was first released. I'm hoping a fix is in the works, but I don't think we've even heard if Inno intends to change that. Some confirmation would be nice.

charlemagne3

Well this is week 3 or 4 - don't see any improvements. Don't see catering. Can not win past the first couple of gates. So what's the point of beta testing if changes aren't made to improve it.

King Luckybaby

That's the way it is right now !

Test phase
Step by step
Fourth or fifth week ?
Very long time
Of course - in the end it should be perfect

We should test it - to say our opinion
Okay - but how without a lot of losses ?
At the end we stand there with "empty hands"
No warriors in the barracks
That's not so good :(

I've played two or three places into the Spire
Finished !
I do not longer sacrifice my warriors
At some point it may be easier -
then I would like to have enough warriors to play it

I will not try it again - until it is 100%

It was my suggestion
INNO gave us set buildings with a lot of goods
INNO should give us new set buildings
They give us a lot of warriors
Why not - we need a lot of warriors now

Last edited:

DeletedUser140

And to come back to the spire

We discussed it internally in our fellowship. Your never ending testphase needs for each player an incredible numbers of troops, which can never be trained in this high sums, so it is not possible to test i.e. to play without neglect the other parts of the game. We are not the biggest fellowship with a lot of smaler players and we could not test the spire without ignoring the tournement. It is not possible for us to play both.

TomatoeHu

Its too bad "pretty" has no bearing on "playable" or "winnable" or "enjoyable" ... qualities to which a game should have.

Can we not have all the art enthusiasts post in an art feedback thread, so discussion can be about player testing issues? like how hard is it to play, have the changes helped? or are you all just staring at it? Great, thanks. Pretty garbage is still, just garbage. If players think it's ok to have a great graphics team and unplayable content, I can buy them a coloring book or poster.

Stage 2 is still not playable, why is this coming to live servers? I believe all AM's should be advising everyone to stay away until its fixed. 10 chest tourney's will continue to be far more rewarding then The Spire of Eternal Suffering will ever be (based on Inno's current time line to fix things) It has been re-named, the joke has already started on US Servers.

DeletedUser2378

Marindor wrote (just yesterday) how they weren't rushing the Spire of Eternity. We haven't even tried the Diplomacy feature yet...so I doubt they'd send it to the live servers for a while yet.

It's unfair to make fun of players who are complimenting the graphics of the Spire...in the Discussion Thread for the Spire.

If it's frustrating for anyone to play in this stage of *testing*, then I'd say don't test it for now. We're pretty lucky that we get to test new features in Elvenar through Beta. I can't test most video games. I simply buy them and hope for the best and know that there may be disappointment because I wasn't able to test anything beforehand.

My group is content to test as far as they're comfortable in each round of the Spire. We actually enjoy gaining Fragments, Instants, etc. and the occasional Diamonds in this new feature. We're trying it out each time there's a new round. It is really difficult at this stage, I think we can all agree on that. It's been stated many times. Some players did learn how important fighting Wonders are to the game *because* of this new feature. Some catering players actually added in a fighting wonder or two since this feature came to Beta. Doesn't mean we won't continue to cater most of the time...but we're broadening our game play and that's one of the reasons we love Elvenar and all of the features added to the game through the years.

I'm looking forward to at least trying out the Convince feature whenever it is available.
If it's too costly or difficult, I will continue to play along when I feel like it and for as far as I feel comfortable doing so. That's the great thing about playing a game like this.

Deleted User - 62044

Pretty garbage is still, just garbage. If players think it's ok to have a great graphics team and unplayable content, I can buy them a coloring book or poster.

+100%, more play stuff pls. Or use the time to change the graphic of the builders hut for one's!!!

Deleted User - 60107

First impression of the Convince option: Good. Seems to work fine. Just one thing I find odd: The resources required.
First encounter: Cois, Supplies or Platinum. Second encounter: Coins, Supplies or Gems. Sure, the amount of Gems is higher than the amount of Platinum required, but still, shouldn't Sentient Goods appear later in the Spire and not at the very begining? This puts players in the later chapters at a disadvantage, especially if the player just started a new chapter or just spent all of a particular Sentient Good on research, thus doesn't have any left for Diplomacy. Players in the earlier chapters don't need to worry about that, giving them a bit of an advantage.

Alpha-74

First impression for me is convince is very hard (more than fight i think) 3 possibility for find the good resources :eek:. We need a lot of luck
Expensive, we are debited every time. Even when no one needs a resource

Last edited:

UlyssesBlue

My initial experiences of the diplomacy feature: seems to work well enough. Fun little logic game. I haven't found it too difficult yet, but it's early days so I'll report back later and see if my opinion has changed. This really highlights the massive discrepancy between fighting and negotiating though. I'm a chapter 4 player and I've been optimising my city for fighting, but it's still possible to lose a week's worth of unit production in a single fight. The diplomacy cost for the same fight will be barely a few hours worth of production, if that. If that doesn't tell you fighting is too expensive, I don't know what will.

Edited to add: I do feel that the gate timers should be changed so that they're counting down from when you first start the spire or from when it first opens, rather than from when you reach the gate. Nothing more frustrating that to be stuck on a fight for a day or so while you build resources, only to be stuck again as soon as you finish it, just because of a gate with a long timer.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback! Please keep sharing your thoughts on Diplomacy and the Spire of Eternity as a whole - we're reading along. :)

PrimroseSylvia

Going through the Spire offers increase from 3 to 4 and 5 and now I'm waiting for the second gate; I'm worried of how many offers we can find in third map of the Spire :eek:

Deleted User - 62044

first impression .....
.... last impression,
I do not like it, another thing about the game that I do not think I'll ever use anymore.

lotteries? Now are all lotteries ???

Calenmir

This is the second time I've gone into the spire. Wasn't at all interested in the fighting aspect and so waited for the convince option. I did the first 4 rounds and it was fairly easily done. The needed goods weren't bad but I'd like to ask/suggest that you remove the need for the goods that are being used heavily by the current tournament. Yes, the tournaments use all the goods at some point as you progress, but there are always three that are in heavy use - choose from the other six and avoid conflict with tournament needs.

I did notice on the 4th round that when I chose the wrong option (which I did for 4 of the 5 on that round) when it gave me a 2nd chance it eliminated one extra option, leaving me only two to choose from - that was nice!

If I have time I will visit again to see what next level wants, but if needs are too high I likely won't continue - I'd rather support my FS in the tournament. The prizes I won were two coin rains (whoopee - not), a portal profit (which I like to have - so good) and ??? - don't remember the 4th but I think it was a AW instant (I'd rather have a time reduction boost!!).

Deleted User - 60107

Second impression: Diplomacy is definitely easier and a bit more fun then fighting, but it can be expensive if you get it wrong. More importantly, the rewards are STILL NOT WORTH IT!

Things I DO NOT like:
I can't see my resources while in the Spire. Only my Diamonds are shown, but not the rest of my resources. There's plenty of space, so the resources can be displayed the exact same way as in the city. So why aren't they?
The box for making an offer moves to the right every time I make an offer. Gets annoying after a while. Please leave the box in one place and offer another way to know which spirit I am currently making an offer to.
If I want to fail the negotiation (so that I can get a new set of resources) I need to finsh at least one round, costing me at least some resources.

Calenmir

Hi @shadowblack - are you playing on a computer? If so, when I moved my mouse over the choices my amounts did display. Is that what you meant or did I misunderstand?

DeletedUser2713

I really like the lottery system for negotiation.:)
On the other hand, I don’t like the fact of having to give up negotiations or have to pay for diamonds on the third try.
This makes luck important (very important even) and I find it very frustrating to lose large quantities of goods only because of bad luck.:(

Either the negotiation costs must be substantially reduced in order for the costs to be reasonable, either we have to withdraw this option of being able to finish the negotiation only by paying with diamonds and being able to do more than 3 trials to finish the negotiation.

If I take stock of the worst the costs of negotiation and fighting are too high and the gains are too low.

For the moment the spire is really not an interesting option for the evolution of my city