• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

DeletedUser

while I was hoping this was a way to get cc's once a week with encounter 1, (which would have saved me 15 relics while I'm trying to raise 4 wonders at the same time) I think I'm skipping it. My very first battle, which I haven't done, I seem to have a higher value of enemy units.

UlyssesBlue

I am one of the players that got stuck very early on, after about 5 minutes of gameplay. I think I got through 5 encounters before I ran into issues with the squadsize/troops bug. I have about 30 squads of treants when in my barracks, and about 2 when in the spire. Quite the difference. I won't be able to do any more til this bug is resolved.

Having said that, I largely quite like this new feature. Once the largest bugs are resolved, and the other promised features are released, I think it'll be quite good. I'm especially looking forward to the diplomacy minigame. I like logic puzzles, and Elvenar doesn't really have any at the moment, so this will be a fun addition. The new building set that's released looks quite good, and I think there's also a building a bit like the wishing well? Although the coin/supply instants are a rather undesirable reward for a lot of players, I can see some merit in having a bit of a booby prize in the chests, otherwise the spire feature could be a bit overpowered. Maybe these could be replaced with things like goods instead? Still a bit of a booby prize, but at least a bit more usable than coin/supply instants for advanced cities.

I can't comment on whether prize chances/quantities should be tweaked as I have a fairly limited experience of the spire so far. I like an earlier suggestion someone posted of having (very) small chances of winning things like blueprints or RR spells. Not everyone can be in a 10 chest fellowship, so it would be good to have another source for these, even if it still takes a fair effort to get it.

I'm yet to reach a gate that takes more than a few seconds to open, so I have no experience with those yet, but I am concerned about the sort of times other people are posting. I do think they need to either be shorter, or the event time much longer, so that people have at least a reasonable chance to get through it without throwing a huge amount of instants/diamonds at it, or setting an alarm for some ungodly hour of the morning.

Suggestion: I'd like to either be able to customise the avatar we're moving around the map, or just have a selection to choose from. Perhaps there could a matching avatar for each player portrait, and so the avatar automatically matches our portrait?

I also like the idea someone else posted of having multiple choices in the routes you can take. Instead of it being one single route from the base to the top, at places like the gates you could maybe have a choice in going left or right. The prizes and/or prize chances could differ depending on which route you took, so you could customise it a bit according to what prizes are most attractive to you. That could perhaps also address the complaints about some prizes being very undesirable for some players.

DeletedUser

Well, this is really not my idea of having fun. I’ve decimated my army and I’m still stuck on the fight with 2 runs. All I’ve got for my efforts are a few miserly coin-spells and some fragments. Since I’ve already given up on crafting (the items I would like never come along), those fragments are also useless to me.

The idea is a poor relative of the GE in FOE. The design looks ok, but is not that special, compared to the Expedition map in FOE. Also no new music, which was something that I loved in FOE.

And why those everything in Elvenar has to become a gamble??????
Why do you need to have a lucky streak, to get your reward?????

• I’m most certainly getting fed up with this love for the one-arm-bandit. You need a lucky draw in:
  • Event chests
  • Wishing Well
  • Crafting in MA, especially the main reward, for which you have to craft a lot of useless things.
  • Neigbourly help chests
  • And now also in this.
ENOUGH ALREADY!

Bramblerose

Hi

This is a pure troop destruction I'm annoying now that I've started it. I am now at the last chest and have tried it once and got rid of units with a blow of 20k and that only at the last chest and of course lost. Before that there were many other chests, so I guess I lost about 80K units. For what kind of coin blessing and tool blessing? NO THANKS!!!!! You can play it yourself or just let it be better.
I want my units back for the annihilation tool ^^

Für deutsche Spieler:

Das ist eine reine Truppen -Vernichtung ich ärgere mich jetzt schon das ich damit angefangen habe. Ich bin jetzt an der letzten Truhe und hab es einmal versucht und bin mit einem schlag 20k Einheiten los geworden und das nur bei der letzten Truhe und natürlich verloren. Davor gab es noch viele anderen Truhen, also schätze ich das ich ca 80K Einheiten verloren habe. Für was eigentlich für Münzsegen und Werkzeugsegen? NEIN DANKE!!!!! Ihr könnt das selber spielen oder eben auch lassen was wohl besser wäre.
Ich will meine Einheiten zurück für das Vernichtung - Tool^^

Bramblerose

DeletedUser1953

I think i am not bad on tournament (i play on felyndral) but i do not find the solution for this (at sylvester chapter) , i did not tried all solution (but orc strategist + mortar does not work) :

IhQBFhE.png

IhQBFhE.png

IhQBSTL.png

a1.png
a2.png

can not work : Light (melee & ranged) , heavy (melee & ranged), mage !! !!
And i do not see any combinaison !

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 60107

Just reached the fifth encounter (first encounter after opening the first gate), and I have to say: The Convince costs need work! 1300 Tree Gum is way too much, if it is per attempt, as is likely the case. 200K coins, 20K supplies, 320 Gems - those are all fine. But 1300 of a decaying resource is way too much.

The following encounter has almost the same costs: 200K coins, 20K supplies, 1300 Tree Gum, 520 Orcs. So the Gems got replaced by Orcs, but the rest is the same. At the same time the rewards are:
10% for 1000 Spell Fragments
45% for Coin Rain 10%
45% for Supply Windfall 10%

In other words the rewards are not worth the resources I would need to spend to Convince.

Loki Blue

I'm going to give the rest of the week a pass for myself and Hela...there's no way I'm going to be able to get her troops up before the end of this test round, and I'm going to save the troops I'm building back up for the Event.

However, of the three new cities, Nefermewet (Nefermewey really, I hit the 't' instead of the 'y' :p) is the closest to Chapter 3, so I'll work on getting her in this round. If not, she'll at least be ready for the next. :cool:

UlyssesBlue

There appears to have just been an update that partially fixed the squad size/troop quantity bug, which has taken some fights from beyond impossible to at least vaguely doable, but it still chews through a huge amount of troops. If this were a tournament my troop quantities would be plentiful, and I would have enough to fight almost the whole tournament, if not all of it. For the spire I can get through a handful of battles, if that, with the same quantity. The troop quantities still appear to need significant rebalancing.

DeletedUser

There appears to have just been an update that partially fixed the squad size/troop quantity bug, which has taken some fights from beyond impossible to at least vaguely doable, but it still chews through a huge amount of troops. If this were a tournament my troop quantities would be plentiful, and I would have enough to fight almost the whole tournament, if not all of it. For the spire I can get through a handful of battles, if that, with the same quantity. The troop quantities still appear to need significant rebalancing.
I don't see this, my squad size is still the same as I reported in https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spire-of-eternity.12990/page-9#post-73991.

Still impossible to do fight from https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/spire-of-eternity.12990/page-8#post-73965. :( Basically because Steinlings has always been a problem when fighting, that unit is not correctly balanced in my opinion. Usually any encounter with to many Steinlings I negotiate.

LayDHawk2

I just keep clicking and checking in to see what has been updated or not... same with depletion of troops just in time for a tourney that I will now be short on troops for! annoying, really. And I stopped playing FoE ! a while ago, for the same reason! Now I'm just wondering why I started back in Beta! I still love the game, just crazy I guess. :confused::rolleyes:o_O

Heymrdiedier

Basically because Steinlings has always been a problem when fighting, that unit is not correctly balanced in my opinion. Usually any encounter with to many Steinlings I negotiate.

steinlings have always been hard yes, a valorian guard is perfect against them, but usually the steinlings are combined with light range, and then your valorians are toast :)

So i also dont like steinlings, but i hate sorceress even more, if you cant kill the sorceress in 1 shot, you're basically dead no matter what setup.

UlyssesBlue

@Jasper
Yeah, it's only a partial fix. I don't think the squad size has changed, however there was a related bug where some troops like golems and treants had something weird happening with their troop numbers, such that you'd use even more of them. It's mentioned here in the comments, from maxiqbert's first comment onwards. This is now fixed, which means any fight where you'd use the affected troop will use less of those troops. Other troops will be unaffected, so everything is still suffering from the issue with the unreasonably high squad size.

Jaxom

I am waiting to try the last section. The final chest shows 5% Moonstone Library and 5% Trading Station. No other options.
Need to find out what these buildings are and determine if the rest of the fights are worth doing.

The fighting hasn't been bad for me, haven't used Fire Phoenix yet - but I can see that it could be hard in general.

One nice thing is that for me, end of chapter 14, the catering will involve sentient goods. So there will be a use for them while I wait for the next chapter!

Hi all!

Thanks once again for all of your feedback. It took a while to read it all, but I'm all caught up again! It's great to see that so many of you are posting your thoughts about the Spire - both the good and the bad. Both will help us to see what we are doing well, and what areas may still need some improvements. We're also very thankful for the numerous bug reports you've created, as this will definitely also help us improve the Spire. Thank you!

Are you guys all in html5? Because flash on windows is not that spire friendly: for twice now I can't get in the spire without refreshing
We have found a bug where the Spire couldn't be opened after you had visited some Neighbors. We have found a related issue which we have resolved now, and that should also solve the issue you were describing. This was part of our latest Beta deploy today, so you should no longer have issues with that. If you do, please let us know by creating a new bug report! :)

It seems that if you don't have a fire phoenix at level 10 and all the troop aw's this new element is not winable. I have a fire phoenix but only at level 2 and no way to make it any higher.Feeding it was not enough for me to win the battle I am stuck at. I can win one of the two battles. I've tried this same step about 10 times with different troop selections and I am stuck. There is as far as I can see not a thing I can do to move to the next step, so you've lost me. I expect I am not the only player that isn't oriented to fighting and you've made this impossible for us to progress. I didn't expect it to be a gimme but I also didn't expect it to be made so that I can not even progress to the first chest with a possibility of winning an okay prize (100 diamonds).

The graphics are cool but I am very disappointed in the feature
Thank you for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that you're stuck on this particular battle, and hope that we will be able to release both the manual battle and the Diplomacy minigame soon. That way you'll have some more options to try and finish that particular encounter. Perhaps you could ask in the thread here if someone can help selecting the right units? I've seen several posts of these, most of which have received quick answers from fellow players.

I hope that it is not true, if i sum all => 111h and i see only 87h35 to do the spire !
This first round of the Spire is shorter than it will be in the future. We have made it shorter so that we would be able to both have it start and finish while our development team is in the office, monitoring the start and finish, and being on standby in case something goes wrong. We couldn't ensure that with the Spire ending during the weekend. That should only be the current, first round, though! Maybe the second on Beta, we will have to see what happens with the first one - no promises for that yet. :)

With the normal, intended runtime of the Spire (currently balanced at slightly more than 5 days), the issue of the sum of the gates' countdown timers being higher than the full runtime of the event would be resolved, and you would be able to complete the Spire within the time it is available.

I can't even try the new feature because the game won't load...server error:(
We're sorry to hear that. Could you please reach out to Support if you're still having issues with that? I had a quick look for you, but couldn't see anything obviously wrong right away, but Support should be able to see a bit more! Please contact them so that we can look into this for you.

If you are going to launch the Spire with only half of its functionality in terms of completing encounters working, is it a lot to ask for that that half should work properly? No, I don't believe it is. Could we please have some feedback on when this will be sorted out?
Certainly! We would love to have a 100% working feature, which is completely bug free, even for its very first beta release. Reality, however, is different. There are a lot of things that a player can do in Elvenar, many of which we cannot test beforehand, and even some we would never even expect. This is why Beta testing a new feature is so important: with many players playing the feature we've developed, we are able to find many more cases and scenarios, which helps us improve the feature even further. So yes, please do continue "breaking" the Spire of Eternity on Beta to help us improve it further!

Its a great shame that the excitement for the spire all came BEFORE it was rolled out, the hype doesn't match the reality, sorry Inno but you've got this totally wrong - you offer us half the functionality and make it impossible for small cities or those who don't fight and therefore don't have troops to get far without using timers. The prizes we get aren't worth the loss of the timers, and the loss of the troops definitely isn't worth it - when I do tournaments I know what I'm getting, when I do events its somewhat pot luck but doesn't matter so much, but this? No thanks, not until you're able to offer it all so that those of us who have chosen not to fight or have very few troops can actually progress.
Thanks for your feedback! We're sorry to hear that the Spire is not yet living up to your expectations, but we do appreciate it greatly that you've taken the time to let us know why that is. We will certainly take your feedback (as well as everyone else's) and improve the Spire also based on that. While we can't promise that the way that rewards are granted from the Spire will be changed completely, what we can do is look into the specific rewards that we are currently giving with it, and tweak those lists to make the rewards nicer and more diverse. We are already looking into this, so feedback on what rewards you do and don't like would definitely be helpful. So, to everyone, please make sure to share suggestions for that!

Note: We cannot guarantee that we will be making changes (it's still being discussed if we should, and if so, how to change), but feedback is of course always welcome!

It looks very nice and if you fix some parts, it seems to be a good feature.
found same failures like most of people:

1. It is not possible to use diplomatic approach
2. The troops i have trained seems not counted in correct manier.

Let us know when it is fixed to continue the challenge.
Thanks, Lukas! We will make Diplomacy available as soon as it's working. We hope to do that soon, but it may take a bit more time. It'll definitely be part of the Spire before it reaches Live, though!

when you meet 3 types of enemies on second/third wave you will see, because your counters will be shuffled to enemies counters and kills yours
Thanks! We are also investigating a bug related to this, so we might be changing some things in that regard. Not sure yet, though, but we're looking into it!

I just won a magic residence, but my game crashes every time I try to place it... I sold residences (and hence population) to make room for it (and replace the population) so this isn't so nice.
Hmm, that sounds like a bug that we fixed today, where it was possible for some Elven players to receive a Human Magic Residence from the Spire. Could you please get in touch with Support, so that we can investigate the issue you're experiencing and exchange this building for you if it is indeed that?

Does this reset weekly so if I just wanted to fight level 1 each week and that's it I can? or does it leave off where I left off?
The Spire will be a recurring feature, similar to (but not the exact same as) the Tournaments. It will reset when it restarts, so progress between several "rounds" of the Spire will not be kept.

Can we sell the building?
I'm not entirely sure what exact building you're now referring to, but generally speaking it is possible to sell buildings, or at least disenchant them into Spell Fragments to use in Crafting.

I am one of the players that got stuck very early on, after about 5 minutes of gameplay. I think I got through 5 encounters before I ran into issues with the squadsize/troops bug. I have about 30 squads of treants when in my barracks, and about 2 when in the spire. Quite the difference. I won't be able to do any more til this bug is resolved.

Having said that, I largely quite like this new feature. Once the largest bugs are resolved, and the other promised features are released, I think it'll be quite good. I'm especially looking forward to the diplomacy minigame. I like logic puzzles, and Elvenar doesn't really have any at the moment, so this will be a fun addition. The new building set that's released looks quite good, and I think there's also a building a bit like the wishing well? Although the coin/supply instants are a rather undesirable reward for a lot of players, I can see some merit in having a bit of a booby prize in the chests, otherwise the spire feature could be a bit overpowered. Maybe these could be replaced with things like goods instead? Still a bit of a booby prize, but at least a bit more usable than coin/supply instants for advanced cities.

I can't comment on whether prize chances/quantities should be tweaked as I have a fairly limited experience of the spire so far. I like an earlier suggestion someone posted of having (very) small chances of winning things like blueprints or RR spells. Not everyone can be in a 10 chest fellowship, so it would be good to have another source for these, even if it still takes a fair effort to get it.

I'm yet to reach a gate that takes more than a few seconds to open, so I have no experience with those yet, but I am concerned about the sort of times other people are posting. I do think they need to either be shorter, or the event time much longer, so that people have at least a reasonable chance to get through it without throwing a huge amount of instants/diamonds at it, or setting an alarm for some ungodly hour of the morning.

Suggestion: I'd like to either be able to customise the avatar we're moving around the map, or just have a selection to choose from. Perhaps there could a matching avatar for each player portrait, and so the avatar automatically matches our portrait?

I also like the idea someone else posted of having multiple choices in the routes you can take. Instead of it being one single route from the base to the top, at places like the gates you could maybe have a choice in going left or right. The prizes and/or prize chances could differ depending on which route you took, so you could customise it a bit according to what prizes are most attractive to you. That could perhaps also address the complaints about some prizes being very undesirable for some players.
Thank you for your elaborate post, Ulysses! We're sorry to hear that you got stuck so early. With manual battle as well as Diplomacy still being released, we do believe that that wouldn't happen once the Spire is going to the Live version of Elvenar, meaning this is very much a Beta problem. However, that does not mean it is invalid: it is still a good point and one that we will forward to be looked into.

Again, thanks everyone for sharing your feedback, and please keep it coming. We're reading everything that you're posting, and making sure we follow-up on everything that we believe can be better. Please help us improve the Spire even more by sharing your thoughts! :)

Deleted User - 60107

@Muf-Muf Two questions:
1) Why do we need those timers at the doors? Why not let us play at our own pace?
2) Any plans to reduce squad sizes before the end fo the current round? Because the current squad sizes are TOO BIG!!! Example:
Encounter 7 has 3258 (my squad size) vs 3617 (enemy squad size). My regular squad size (on the World Map) is 2463. In other words my squad size in the Spire is ~50% bigger than my regular one, and this is just halfway across the first part of the Spire. Squad sizes are way too big, resulting in very large lossers.

About which rewards are worthless:
Coin Rain 10% and Supply Windfall 10% are the two most useless, followed by 3 Booster 1h. Please remove them and replace them with something that is worth sacrificing our troops for.

1) Why do we need those timers at the doors? Why not let us play at our own pace?
It is up to you how you want to play the Spire of Eternity. However, we do know that the current duration of the Spire would not really allow for that. As said in my previous post as well, this should already be different in the next round of the Spire, once it has its intended duration.

2) Any plans to reduce squad sizes before the end fo the current round? Because the current squad sizes are TOO BIG!!! Example:
Encounter 7 has 3258 (my squad size) vs 3617 (enemy squad size). My regular squad size (on the World Map) is 2463. In other words my squad size in the Spire is ~50% bigger than my regular one, and this is just halfway across the first part of the Spire. Squad sizes are way too big, resulting in very large lossers.
Thanks! Right now, there are no confirmed plans to change it, but it's certainly something we're looking into.

Coin Rain 10% and Supply Windfall 10% are the two most useless, followed by 3 Booster 1h. Please remove them and replace them with something that is worth sacrificing our troops for.
Thanks again! What would those rewards be for you, then? What would you like to see instead of the Coin Rain and 1h Boosters? :)

----
And, as a side note, we've just added a small FAQ section in the first post of this thread. For anyone who's already read everything up to here there shouldn't be too much news, but there may still be something you hadn't seen yet. Have a look!

Loki Blue

For what it is worth, this comes from a fellow player on the US Live forum. We've been going back and forth about the Spire, and they've gotten the idea that, "based on what's being said on the Beta forum", all this is more 'useless garbage'. I told them to come here and get involved with the process, but they say they've got too much on their plate. They asked why those of us who play Beta can't voice their concerns here. So...here goes.

It doesn't take rocket science to figure out how badly slowed this thing is though... and even by Elvenar's low standards, they've made a royal turd out of this first attempt!:rolleyes:

Here's some thoughts;
- STOP WITH THE OBNOXIOUSLY & ASINIELY MASSIVE SQUAD SIZES!!
Even a decent number of end-game players can't keep up with the attrition of just the first level, let alone try and do the both the Spire + Tournaments on a weekly basis!
(and most people will choose the regular tournament, since at least you know 100% what you're winning vs. Elvenar's awful RNG chances!)

- Likewise, negotiation costs need to be doable while keeping in mind that the average player will be using goods for research + weekly tournament participation as well
If you need 75-80% of your weekly production just to do 2 levels of SoE, then the feature is crap.

- Lv.1 should be "easy mode". No 3* enemy units, and only a few 2* showing up in the latter 1/4 of the map (you want to get people hooked into this feature, not outright terrify them! >.< )
Lv.2 can introduce some 3* enemies in the latter half, and by Lv.3, everything can be 'challenge mode' with full-on 3* enemies

- Lv.1 rewards can generally suck. It's level 1 and only the last few encounters need any kind of even 'semi-decent' rewards... as an example, the final tower on Lv.1 of FoE's Guild Expedition is: small chance @25 diamonds, small chance @premium deco, chance @20 current age goods, chance @basic production building, chance @GotSG/FotA/Victory Tower (aka: the booby prize!)
So yeah, nothing special there at all really, and would be about the equivalent of the Spire having a small chance at the dias, and then larger odds of say 5x 2hr time boosters/3x CC's/15 kp instant.
But Lv.2 rewards should trade out the more of the coin/supply instants for things like time boosters/kp instants and give some better odds at decent rewards. (ie: GE's final encounter on Lv.2 has a small chance at a Premium Residential building of your current age!)
By Lv.3, the rewards really need to reflect the difficulty, otherwise most people will just ignore this feature for the weekly tournaments which don't bankrupt you within 10min of playing.

- Once the negotiation feature is available, please, please please keep in mind, We. Don't. Have. A. Friend's Tavern. Here!!
So please, if/once you end up with 7-10 choices, we really need 4 turns vs. the standard 3 to make things doable... especially if you're going to demand 10000's of coins & supplies and 1000's of goods/sentient goods/mana per single round attempt!!

This really shouldn't be anything remotely this difficult to figure out, but apparently Elvenar devs don't play their own game.:p