• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Dony

King of Bugs
abbys and tome is needed for coins and supplies which are required in every encounter for diplomacy

DeletedUser2576

So why even build wonders if they are suppossed to make everything harder. I thought you build them to get advantages, not disadvantages.

Artemis84

I don't know if this part of Wonders beeing added to the calculation is so severe. I mean, Ancient Woners make playing way easier - and if they weren't considered wouldn't it make things way too easy? I think it would just be bad, if you would have a harder time with a wonder than without. And only adding the AWs to that calculation doesn't mean that it get's harder - just that you don't have a ridicolously easy time when you have a lot of high AWs. Do we have any facts that confirm that it's harder with an ancient wonder than without?

Karvest

Just leveled my MM, nothing changed in current encounter in spire (both goods amount for convince and SS). Or it would change on spire next start? Or not "every" level, but each 2/3/4/etc?

Marindor

Hi guys,

The Spire difficulty is based on a lot of factors, Ancient Wonder levels being by far the smallest of them. Their influence is very little, but yes, as you progress in the game, the Spire difficulty increases with that and AW levels are just one of the many parameters (as said: the smallest in fact) by which account progression is measured :)

DeletedUser2576

If you want the spire to be a competition you should publish the formula.
Never heard that a competition has a hidden set of rules...

It still feels like you want to punish people for progressing. When a wonder gives me +30% health i expect 30% and not like 5% because the spire gets 25% harder.

If you feel it is to easy, just make it chapter based and higher the values but not punishing players who invest time/money/diamonds/strategie to get better than other just to get punished by this retarded system.

I am happy you fixed that MH thing on event buildings, i reported almost one year ago... but at the same time you are implementing a new system that it totally unfair to certain player groups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arayla

About the wonder levels: I have what I consider to be a pretty average city for Chapter 14, meaning that I didn't rush to complete the chapters, didn't have more than 2 of each manufactory until I finished Constructs, didn't start playing the tourney really hard until the last 9 months. It is not a giant powerful city compared to some others. I have 168 wonder levels, mostly in tourney-related wonders. I go through the Spire using catering though, so those wonders aren't really helping much in that regard. I find the difficulty for Map 1 and 2 is in the sweet spot of not too easy or too hard.

DeletedUser2803

I find the difficulty for Map 1 and 2 is in the sweet spot of not too easy or too hard.
I agree. Level 3 is still hard, but I guess you need a challenge for the stronger players or it would be too boring for them.

DeletedUser332

I'm drawing a lot of parallels between AW levels having a negative impact on the Spire, and squad size upgrades having a negative effect on tournaments. Why do AWs have to be a factor in the difficulty?

I hate pulling this card, but since it seems like you guys at Inno thought it was too easy without them being included, this could only be a move to increase diamond usage. I haven't forgotten the change years ago to make unit bonuses multiplicative rather than additive 'to prevent infinite battles' which was really made just to increase player losses when fighting as well, as there's no such thing as an infinite battle in either form of the system but multiplicative bonuses do mean higher battle costs for players as it becomes impossible to take 0 damage from an attack.

As I play both Elvenar and Forge of Empires, I really have to say that the philosophy between the two regarding diamonds is so different that it's hard to believe that they're developed by the same company. While both have similar avenues for spending diamonds, Elvenar is far more in your face about it and the costs are much higher to boot. Perhaps it's just my perception, but it feels like diamonds are one of the foremost considerations for the Elvenar developers and this consideration makes the game feel less enjoyable as I try to dodge all of these subtle nudges to spend.

Arthus

Hi guys,

The Spire difficulty is based on a lot of factors, Ancient Wonder levels being by far the smallest of them. Their influence is very little, but yes, as you progress in the game, the Spire difficulty increases with that and AW levels are just one of the many parameters (as said: the smallest in fact) by which account progression is measured :)

Progress should be rewarded, not punished with increased difficulty.

We already have tournament farmers in polish live version that sit 2 years in beginning chapters making 10k+ tournament scores while endgame players struggle to make 1600.

CrazyWizard

Progress should be rewarded, not punished with increased difficulty.

We already have tournament farmers in polish live version that sit 2 years in beginning chapters making 10k+ tournament scores while endgame players struggle to make 1600.

Well the max score those accounts can get is 7200 so that does't count (26/22 provincies of each type which is the ork limitation)
Fortunatly this is now countered by the feniks so those no longer rule the world of tournaments.

And struggle for 1600, then you must be doing somehting really wrong, igf you said struggle for 5000 I could accept your plea, but 1600 is dead easy for any account in any chapter, researched any amount of SS.
The only ones who fail 1600 are those with no unit production whatsoever.

I agree that wonders should not be a part of the equasion, and I would love it if they would reveal the formula so we could see if they made more errors.
For example the game does'n get "easier" after 467 provincies, so I wonder if the formula includes the amount of provincies cleared, and it it's properly cut off at 467 provinces and doens not increase difficulty beyond that limitation.

That would be just as lame as the wonders if that was one of the parameters.

Arthus

Well the max score those accounts can get is 7200 so that does't count (26/22 provincies of each type which is the ork limitation)
Fortunatly this is now countered by the feniks so those no longer rule the world of tournaments.

And struggle for 1600, then you must be doing somehting really wrong, igf you said struggle for 5000 I could accept your plea, but 1600 is dead easy for any account in any chapter, researched any amount of SS.
The only ones who fail 1600 are those with no unit production whatsoever.

I agree that wonders should not be a part of the equasion, and I would love it if they would reveal the formula so we could see if they made more errors.
For example the game does'n get "easier" after 467 provincies, so I wonder if the formula includes the amount of provincies cleared, and it it's properly cut off at 467 provinces and doens not increase difficulty beyond that limitation.

That would be just as lame as the wonders if that was one of the parameters.

I think these people sit in elven chapter to make absurdly high scores.
With spire of eternity around i'm sure that we will have plenty of units produced and still living to fight.
Especially that fights in spire have 3 waves and most people lost a lot of them.

DeletedUser332

There are up to three waves in spire battles...? I don't see how it's ever possible to win those then.

Arthus

Spire started on live polish servers

Trade instead of fight system is laughtable, already lost 1kk of gold without moving on

Friend from fellowship lost her all army on first fights

This is just beyond laughtable what they did in all these months

We won't be able to fight in tournaments if we continue, so, no thanks