• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Heymrdiedier

Hey, how many ranking points would you find fair? Consider that this is a weekly event and everyone would get the points, not only top players like in the tournament, as we do not have a separate ranking for the spire yet.

i dont know, 50 per boss and double for final boss?

iDavis

Yes, I think after reaching some milestones (like completing the map) could be reasonable.

Lovec Krys

I don't.
I don't want to do Spire just for the points, so please leave Spire without points, so I can continue to ignore it with it's horrible work/reward ratio.

Heymrdiedier

I don't.
I don't want to do Spire just for the points, so please leave Spire without points, so I can continue to ignore it with it's horrible work/reward ratio.
that might be the exact reason why they should add points. As it is now, a lot of people wanna ignore the spire (which means they made a huge costs for spire development that might never get a profit), if they add ranking points, some players playing for ranking (like you i assume) will feel they have to do it or they might drop on ranking ladder. Maybe even forcing some of those players to spend diamonds just to get it. Which means profit.

Personally i hope thats not the way they wanna make spire attractive, but i would understand it if they would add the points.

DeletedUser2994

I started a city in Beta just for the Spire, because I was excited to try something new. After finally unlocking it and giving it a try, I've been very disappointed to find that it's similar to the Forge of Empires mini-game (one of several reasons I found that game incredibly unsatisfying compared to Elvenar and ended up quitting).

As someone who prefers not to fight, I'm particularly frustrated with the diplomacy option. It feels like I'm throwing resources away on a dumb luck guessing game. I don't mind negotiating like with the tourneys, but the whole pleasing the spirits thing makes it feel wasteful and arbitrary. I tried fighting, but as my city is still really small and I'm not set up for it, and as someone who plays on mobile, the non-manual fighting is difficult--I couldn't get past even two chests that way. I ended up bailing on the fourth chest after resentfully struggling with the sunk cost fallacy, with diamonds being the only way forward, feeling like I'd just thrown away coins, supplies, and goods for no good reason.

Am I doing something wrong? Is the diplomacy option actually satisfying/working for some players? I'll admit that I might be being a little too harsh in my disappointment after waiting for it so eagerly, but I just don't see how the spire actually adds anything to my playing experience.

Alpha-74

The more we advance, the more we have possibility for the choice of the resources but still 3 possible attempts. It really takes a lot of luck to succeed the negotiation in 3 times it is not fair :(

CrazyWizard

The more we advance, the more we have possibility for the choice of the resources but still 3 possible attempts. It really takes a lot of luck to succeed the negotiation in 3 times it is not fair :(

I wonder if the next "wonder" will grant us extra attempts / reduced waiting time.

Dony

King of Bugs
new chests are nice addition but it doesnt feel rewarding when on map 1 i get 3 chests, on map 2 i get 3 chests and on map 3 i get 0 chests, the deeper we get into the spire the more rewarding it should be, because it cost us more but normal chests are almost the same for every map. It should atleast be 10% 20% 30% on map 1, 20% 30% 40% on map 2 and 30% 40% 50% on map 3 for random spawns.

Richord

I still only do a tiny bit of fights to get fragments for this event. it's way too costly for anything else. certainly with the gamble of the reward.

Angeduciel

I like the mystery chest addition but... is there a possibility for Inno to review the "convince" portion or the spire and reduce the amount of guessing possibilities? My interest for this new feature is vanishing week after week and it has not hit the live word yet :(:(:(

DeletedUser1657

My town on beta is in fairies currently and I basically stopped tournament play so I could focus on spire. I have managed to get to the second map twice but there has been a lot of luck as I run out of troops very quickly and am having to convince most of the time, basically 100% on the second stage. I am fairly sure I can't keep that up as my resources are going down making it impossible for me to continue to attempt every week. Unsure if it would become a once or twice a month thing and that's only if I never do tournament again beyond the first encounter in the first couple provinces, so 30-150 tournament points. On the live server that is never going to happen as mine (and many other fellowships) have a requirement for a certain level of tournament play. As tournaments have fellowship wide benefits I can't see fellowships relaxing those requirements so people can do spire which has no fellowship benefits. If the idea is for people to do spire each week then something in this space needs addressing, or active players will prioritise tournaments as it currently stands.

I am liking the idea of certain rewards and while some overlap with tournament rewards, like KP, would be good it is also nice to have unique items as rewards like the spell fragments, CC spells and time instants. I still think the quantity and probabilities of the rewards need some adjustment due to the cost of the spire, the new chests are a nice addition. Another option would be to increase the time instants a lot or make a new, goods instants that we could win, Granted even with instants we would spend the majority of what we win just to replace (or partially replace) the cost of doing the spire, so still a net loss in terms of benefit verse cost. For me as a player when I compare the cost verse benefit I have to factor in the randomness, so while there are some good prizes (which I have never won) I have to base the benefit on the most likely prizes I could win, hence perception of a lack of value.

The randomness is still a major aspect that removes from the fun. I think one solution would be to keep the random prizes but add something as a guaranteed prize in addition, for example 5kp instant in first map, 7kp for second and 10kp for 3rd with bigger ones for bosses. If not kp then time instants could be another reasonable option as we can use those to speed up coins/supplies/goods/troops. Regardless something small that is guaranteed would help reduce the frustration of the random rewards as well as increase the perception of rewards in comparison to cost.

It also wouldn't hurt to reduce the number of options in the convince feature in higher chests/maps, especially in non-boss fights. While I would like to see more perhaps just reducing this by 1 option would be a start. I have found it can take 2 full rounds to even get a sense of what goods are need which means the third round is basically a pure guess. Unless I got luck and the ghosts refused half the goods on the first round. The other option would be to give a fourth round when the good qty goes up. This would still leave a major luck factor but at least feel like we had some chance to use strategy a bit more.

There was previously comment about a multiplayer feature, is this planned to hit beta before this goes live? Is this hoped to help reduce the "cost" aspect?

Marindor

@Mykan Thank you for your extensive post. In response to your question: A multiplayer aspect is something we're still considering, but if it gets implemented, it will take some time and I can already share with you that it won't be implemented before the Live release. Realistically, I think you'd need to see it more as a possibility for over X months. :)

Lovec Krys

@edeba X is a roman numeral for 10, but in this case it means unknown number of months (like X in the meaning of a variable X in equations).

DeletedUser1278

Its stil the same its to hard for the most players.
Only when your wonders are high and your fire phoenix is level 10 its a little more easy.
Butt who cares that only 5 % have that. then hopefully 95% will buy diamonds maybe to finish the spire.

Its nice that we can do something yes. butt keep in mind all fellowships are now based on tournament even players are selected for that purpuse.
If the spire comes live like this. people must choose between helping 24 other players and get the 10th chest.
Or play solo and do the spire. im arch mage and if some one will go solo because of the spire . they can play solo but outside the fellowship.

And if i must choose 135 kp and extra.s or the chance to get a building bust mostly coins or supply instants even if its 100% extra coins or supply.s
We allready have to much from it. maybe if its kp and time instants its gets more intresting . on my server I have a huge army butt none will die in the spire on this way.

And many think like this . you loose to much troops compared to the tournament to get mostlynothing .
now your killing us with portal profits but its allready told that we mayby dont get a new race so no portal maybe .

what my idea is what all players like is time instants and kp instant the can be used when we want and how we want.
Ahhh dont forget the fragment and catalyst what is newly inplented its very nice idea only problem after months and months seeing the same
codexex horses pink red and blue and tons of petfood . yeah i think the idea will popup in your head..
But i help a bit what to do with all that horses and other things nothing so no more crafting so the fragments en catalist pile up like all things.

I dont like the chance idea at all . if i must kill have my army to get a chance to get like 5% on a building .
Then i dont try it at all and wait 2 years when maybe there will be something thats more intresting .

The first week when the spire will go live 80% will play it after 2 weeks less then 25 % and dropping and when inno sees all there work for only 5% players
Then they will reduce the cost for spire .

so carry on all and keep on playing

maxiqbert

I (mostly, almost totatlly) agree with @mike2910 .
If the spire was to come live like this, I'd let my fellowship have a run at it (hey, curiousity is a sane person's nature!), then I'd tell the members to chose between solo or fellowship.

DeletedUser2947

I still like the spire, but can't progress now, as T3 goods are part of the convince option. I'm only in Chap 4, and barely produce enough T3 for researches and house upgrades. I can't afford to be throwing them away in the spire. I also have to use MM scrolls on my T1 factories to keep up with the hungry spirits. It would be great to be able to play it more, but it just costs too much.

DeletedUser2803

I still like the spire, but can't progress now, as T3 goods are part of the convince option. I'm only in Chap 4, and barely produce enough T3 for researches and house upgrades.
I think it is reasonable to move T3 requirement to chapter 5. Thank you for your feedback.