• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Jaxom

Next spire just arrived. One day too late to encourage me to use my Fire Phoenix for it and the tournament.
A bit better timing on the Spire might make it more popular to players who are using the Phoenix and troop boost buildings on the tournaments.
Still too many crafting-oriented prizes to get me to play. I have over 13k in spell fragments from various places. Don't need to spend troops to get more.

Lovec Krys

@Jaxom My personal opinion is that once player uses temp. military boost buildings for tournament, he uses all those troops for tournament only, so there will be only a few people who split their troops between tournament and Spire in that situation.

CrazyWizard

Ok, so I completed the spire for the first time. I drained time instants because there is no way in the world I can match my schedule to the time blocks. I have way less supply and coin instants. I am down about 250 diamonds. I have way less goods. I drained my troops.

There is no way in the world the extra spell fragments and CC are worth this, none what-so-ever. I did not get a single prize that I thought was worthwhile.

I think you should add 100 ranking points and 25kp for completing the first level, 250 ranking points and 50kp for the second, and 500 ranking points and 100kp for the 3rd, no odds, just for level completion.

Those ranking point numbers are insane,
I worked my ass off past few years to het where I am now on live, and now you want to give those away so easily.

maxiqbert

850 points per week is not "insane"
compare it to the thousands of points the pushers get from super boosted wonders...

edeba

I just compared what the event cost me in resource to what the tournament would cost me, which is similar and I get 850, 900, 1000 points from the tournament all the time.

Those ranking point numbers are insane,
I worked my ass off past few years to het where I am now on live, and now you want to give those away so easily.

Jaxom

@Jaxom My personal opinion is that once player uses temp. military boost buildings for tournament, he uses all those troops for tournament only, so there will be only a few people who split their troops between tournament and Spire in that situation.
You could be right that serious tournament players will focus on that first and not the spire.
But the spire is a relatively new option for using the boosts. For players who are not tournament-focused being able to use the boosts for both might be a motivation for doing more on both.
I'm just suggesting that if Inno made it easier to do both later part of tournament and Spire they might get some players to do both. I'm not going to waste the troop boost buildings on just the Spire.

Deleted User - 62044

I do not like tournaments, but the tower simply does not give anything, generate resources to burn them in the tower honestly I prefer to spend them in the tournament that gives something.

and for the contest to the worst trunk this seems to me a new record, wow!!!! very imaginative my condolences to the one who designed it.
DIglR4H.jpg

edeba

I think on live so for most and I thought the spire used a lot of resources... I've done well here as well and I really thought my resources were drained and unsustainable in terms of what I used, definitely more than that what I used for my last 420 ranking point tournament here...

@edeba If you end every tournament in top 3 players, then yes.

DeletedUser

going at the spire again I was now unable to fight past the first encounter in the second section, despite trying 3 times and having a different mix of troops. battles are still too hard, and seem to be getting harder.

DeletedUser1953

going at the spire again I was now unable to fight past the first encounter in the second section, despite trying 3 times and having a different mix of troops. battles are still too hard, and seem to be getting harder.
They did not change the difficulty from the first version, Inno only reduces the number of troop by 20%.
Sure even they reduced by 80%, it does not change the main problem when you can not win !

DeletedUser2899

I have a suggestion, that when making a decision to "negotiate" during the Spire, it would be nice to be able to see our inventory, to be able to make a good call, since you can not predict, who will actually take the coin, how many people will take the crystal, etc. I am warning the live gamers, if they plan on trying the spire and they have an active fellowship, whom invests in the fellowship tournaments, start making room for more armories and manufacturing. Because it's going to be a big complaint, when this starts in their world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2899

Maybe Elvenar could maybe replace some of the spell fragment prizes (since those of us who participate in the other events, have extra prize buildings to cash in) with maybe resources (like whatever the convince obligation was x3 ( 45 marble, you have a chance to obtain 135 marble). I like the prizes just fine, but, sometimes it's nice to have a reinvest incentive.

UlyssesBlue

How about if the prizes in the chests were changed to something like:
• 20% chance of Gold Wish
• 30% chance of Silver Wish
• 50% chance of Bronze Wish
where each Wish allows you to choose one prize from a selection.

Things like Bronze Wishes would have a selection of the more ordinary prizes, like supply/gold instants, small quantities of nicer prizes, etc. Gold Wishes would have a selection of the really desirable prizes. This would take some of the randomness out of the prizes and give you better chances of getting something you want, without necessarily changing the chances of getting a rare/common prize. This would mean individual preferences are effectively being factored into the value of prizes. However much we might complain about supply instants, for a small city that's all out of supplies this would be considered very valuable, whereas for a larger city they would be able to choose something else. The Wishes could either be opened as soon as you win them, or could go into your inventory to be opened when you need them. There could also be other types of Wishes to factor in the different types of prize selections available, e.g. Platinum Wish, Copper Wish, Steel Wish, Lead Wish, etc.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

Deleted User - 62044

the lottery system is unfair and the insistence of programmers begins to be unpleasant;
It is not the first time nor will it be the last one that is said, many people do not like, insist, insist and insist only is to kill the spire, many people already stopped playing, so look good with the rest that continues to persevere in this dead end

maxiqbert

some things absolutely need to change, in this feature :

1) the progressivity of difficulty need to be seen as it is elsewhere. The first few encounters should be VERY easy. meaning squad sizes divided by 10 or more, and resources also reduced by that much.
2) the progressivity of rewards needs to be adressed. What's the point in goiung to the second level, if you're getting the same cr** as in the first?
3) the lottery needs to go, or at least something sure should be gained at every step, and a choice given at key steps. The "spire credits" idea is a very good one to solve this issue. The option to use the credits could be limited to key encounters (those in front of doors).
4) the convince minigame should be more about logic and less about luck (no luck needed would be fine). A first step in this direction would be to increase your trials with the number of resources involved/ My suggestion is 3 trails for 3 or 4 resources. 4 trials for 5 resources, 5 trials for 6+ resources.

Jaxom

This is all quite good and such changes would help.
But it is really the rewards that have driven me away from the Spire. I have no need for more Spell Fragments until they start giving me some crafting prizes that use large quantities of them. I need something better than the same old stuff.
And the coin/supply instants are unappealing because I produce more than I need. Coins I can put into KPs but extra supplies are worthless. I don't need more T1 goods and I can't train troops fast enough to use them.

OK, I'll admit that I could be using the coin rains aggressively to get more KPS for wonders. But there is something broken in this game if late chapter players have nothing better to do than buy KPs for wonders. Why bother? To do better in tournament so I have more stuff to pour into wonders?

I once read that there would be a team aspect to the Spire. Perhaps if that ever comes it will be more interesting. For now I will monitor this discussion and NOT play the Spire.

DeletedUser

just finished the second to last section of the spire and was pleasantly surprised that the battles seemed much easier, more like tournament difficulty. the risk/reward balance seems to be getting better.