• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

Jaxom

What I saw did indeed look a lot like the negotiation in FoE Guild Expedition. I wouldn't mind that too much since I am overstocked with goods.
Maybe there will be a fight option that they just didn't show.
The big questions are indeed how much time it takes, how often and whether the rewards are worth the effort.
Looking forward to giving it a try.

edeba

I got confused. I went to look at the video on youtube because I do not like embedded videos as the only way to make them larger is to go to full screen, and I don't like that. Anyway, the comments were confusing. The set up a beta account url looks like it is an entirely new game, but the links just take you back to the youtube video.

I think there is something wrong in those comments, and the links in the comments.

DeletedUser2818

Aside from the art looking awesome as always, I really liked the "play at my own pace" part, even though I currently have no idea what to expect as I don't play FoE and there appears to be similarities with this FoE thing I know nothing about. I don't mind competitions, but I'm really looking forward to be able to play it at my own pace, and the exploration part/replayability it's hinted at piqued my interest as well.

Loki Blue

I'm curious about what an event type of the spire will be. In announcement is said "in coming days" what sounds like before summer solstice ends. Since 2 events running simultaneously is technically impossible, it could be more like tournaments, what's even more interesting. :)

It's a new feature, not an event. So it's there whenever we want it.

iDavis

@Loki Blue I don´t think so, it seems more like something what will be repeated many times in the future. This icon from it´s help tab supports that.

EL-spire-help-tab.png

Buttrflwr

Looks really cool. :cool:
However, I would MUCH rather have in game messaging and maybe even AW donations to other players implemented in the mobile version. WHEN is that going to happen? It's very limiting when you only have access to mobile large chunks of the day, especially for AM. :(

DeletedUser1657

@Loki Blue I don´t think so, it seems more like something what will be repeated many times in the future. This icon from it´s help tab supports that.

Was a comment from one of the staff that indicated this as well. Will see soon enough. :)
Oh I also liked that negotiation seemed a little more complex/intriguing.

DeletedUser332

It looks and sounds interresting.

I personally hope, that this new feature is not directly destroyed by giving the possibility to use DIAMONDS

I'm not entirely sure what you mean with your post, but diamonds are certainly going to be usable in this feature in some way, just like they can be used in every other area of the game. That's kind of the point of diamonds after all.

DeletedUser2817

I read about the Guild Expedition negotiating minigame. Basically you have to guess combinations? Sort of like playing slots? I hope the rewards are not so good I'll feel obliged to do it. I'm not fond of guessing games. Or even "remember this card and match it later" games.

DeletedUser

Hmmm If this is like Guild expeditions, fellowships can have it. I'll wait for something better.

Heymrdiedier

It looks and sounds interresting.

I personally hope, that this new feature is not directly destroyed by giving the possibility to use DIAMONDS
if its a bit like FoE, it would mean you can spend diamonds to rush (like when the timer is up, or when you had 4/5 right and just want to get an extra change to get that 5th right). But it would also mean you can actually win diamonds there.

Loki Blue

I read about the Guild Expedition negotiating minigame. Basically you have to guess combinations? Sort of like playing slots? I hope the rewards are not so good I'll feel obliged to do it. I'm not fond of guessing games. Or even "remember this card and match it later" games.

I never guess combinations. If I can fight an encounter, I fight, but if my troops are outclassed, I negotiate, if I feel like continuing.

To negotiate, I offer one resource at a time. Whoever wants it takes it, and so on. Sometimes it's quick, they all take the same resource, sometimes they're picky and the negotiating is more complex (this screen is from just now; GE for this week just started up, so this is not what the negotiation screen looks like in a few encounters. ;) ).

2019-05-28.png

It should be noted that there is a Great Building whose sole purpose is to provide additional rewards that can be gained during a player's GE, but they have to have the GB in their city. I doubt it will be the same in Elvenar, unless they plan to introduce a new building we have to build in our cities that preforms the same function. :p

This is no guarantee, obviously, that this new game feature is going to be similar to FOE's Guild Expedition. But I am interested in doing a running comparison. :D

DeletedUser2817

Thanks @Loki Blue . That's better than I feared. I'm OK at those logic puzzles that are in the lines of "If Anna likes tomatoes and Pete likes avocadoes, and Tom won't eat guacamole, what will they have on their nachos?" but I'd not do them for fun!

ekarat

With so little information, I'm obviously going to think of Guild Expeditions in FoE (which is the feature that made me quit FoE). However, I already think of tournaments as the equivalent of GE, and I'm not so sure they are going to give us two weekly things to do that are very similar (both are negotiate or fight).

Oh well, if the features are the same, would anyone want a guide for optimal negotiating? (Actually, it turns out a chart is unusable, whereas a few advanced tips seem to cover most of the likely cases.)

Loki Blue

two...things to do that are very similar (both are negotiate or fight).

Why not? FOE does. Whether you're on the map conquering provinces or in GE, it's still fight or negotiate. Even the Dailies and event quests have "solve this negotiation" or "defeat this army".

We just have to wait and see.