• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Spire of Eternity

DeletedUser2378

Since this is in the beginning test phase, my feedback for the auto-fighting is that it is too difficult. Those who do not have Fighting Wonders, the Fire Phoenix and any other fighting building are not able to get very far, even in Phase 1. The troops cost needed against each Spirit is too high. It would be nice to have this work similarly to the tournament province encounters that we are used to.
I'm looking forward to trying out the Convince feature when it is ready to test. :)

edeba

I just won a magic residence, but my game crashes every time I try to place it... I sold residences (and hence population) to make room for it (and replace the population) so this isn't so nice.

ferrari13

It can be a nice feature, but definitely needs some rebalancing. My suggestions:
Problem: the fights are too hard compared to tournaments (and provinces too), and losses too high
Possible solution: reduce the squadsize (mine is currently 3258, but in spire (1st level 8th battle) 6228, which is way too much). It should be like in tournaments: start with really small and then increase it (but not higher than our own squadsize in barracks).

Problem: the 2 round battles even more harder (and even cost more)
Possible solution: it should be reduced even more (especially in first stages)

Problem: the rewards are not so good
Possible solutions (I think all needed, I've only seen the rewards of the first map):
- change the chances. Now in the most cases it gives a not really usable item (in higher chapters), like coin and supply instants with 50+% chance (or even with 90%). Reduce that, and increase the chance for other items.
- Increase amount of some rewards. The amount of spell fragments are really good, but others can be increased. The time instants are way too little (mostly 3x1 h), which isn't too much compared to the waiting times. Also in the last chest there is a diamond reward (which is good), but it's only 30. However in some previous chests there are 100 diamonds (which is good, even if the chances are lower). So it's ok to reduce the chance, but increase the amount than.
- Also the final chest (in each map) should contain a better reward compared to others
- Add some new rewards (it is possible that they are in later levels, but there is no on the first), like: Kp (e.g. 5-10), Kp instants (e.g. 15-20), royal restoration, even blueprint (only the last chest of the maps), artifacts (or even an 'artifact selectino kit' which can give us one artifact from the available ones, and we can choose which to get (like in foe)) and other powerful buildings from previous events (maybe in every 4th encounter): e.g. mana hut, burning pool, winter star, father tree of candy canes, ... (definitely with low chance like 5-10%, but than we would be able to win rewards we can use). Also expiring buildings would be nice (library, monument of ak, ferris wheel, outpost and wishing well). It is always better to win something usable with low chance, than an unusable on (e.g. unicorns and other culture items).

Problem: waiting times at the gates are too high
Possible solution: reduce those times (~ divide by 4), or have waiting time only the end of each stage.

Problem: negotiation costs seems too high
Possible solution: I'm not sure if it is the final version, but if it is, than the catering costs are also too high and should be changed before it will be available. It says 'costs per offer', so I think it is the price of one guess for one person. If it is, then we have to count with at least 3-5x more resources. The costs for regular (tier 1-3) resources are ok (maybe a 10-20% reducement needed, or the first few encounters should be cheaper, like I suggested for fights (and like in tournament)). The coin and supply cost is too much (390k and 39k currently, so it is about 1-2 million coin per encounter (but at least we can use the earned coin rains for something :D )). The main problem is the tier 4-6 goods, mana and seeds. Let's say I'm very lucky and need only 2 guesses to find the right person (now it asks 2600 moonstone). That is ~5000 per encounter, so the whole week costs ~240.000 (and that is only one type of good). In previous encounters it asked 2000 seeds, maybe later it asks both (or with other tier 5-6 goods), so we can't produce that much goods in one week (and also some asked ~20000 mana) (I'm in the latest chapter).

Problem: the new buildings are not good enough
Possible solution: rebalance those buildings, so they give more goods (like the winter set ones). They not worth to place, because we have better options.

Idea: that would be great if there were severals routes and we could choose which one to go. Like in FA, with the restriction of we can choose only one. So e.g. the first 4 would be the same (so only one option), then the next 4 would differ (2 different routes), then the next 4 would be the same... or something like that :)

DeletedUser

Does this reset weekly so if I just wanted to fight level 1 each week and that's it I can? or does it leave off where I left off?

DeletedUser332

To sum up, it sounds like this feature is just far too demanding/expensive for the rewards being offered, though there's a pretty clear trend that a lot of the folks posting are generally non-fighters so the lack of resources and experience in that regard may have something to do with it.

Regardless, hearing that the squad sizes very quickly get as large as or even larger than your normal squad size (which doesn't happen until province 20 in tournaments, by the way), in addition to the battles being multiple waves which seem to often be set up so that wave 2 counters the units you use to complete wave 1, makes things sound very grim. Hopefully Inno sees the feedback and rebalances either the difficulty/cost or the rewards because I'm currently standing by my statement that I'm skipping this feature entirely to maintain my tournament focus. And that's unfortunate, because they've obviously put a lot of time into developing this feature and it deserves to get a lot of use.

Marindor

Hi guys,

Thank you all for your feedback so far and if you have anything to add that's not been said yet, please keep it coming :)

Does this reset weekly so if I just wanted to fight level 1 each week and that's it I can? or does it leave off where I left off?

It will reset with each round :)

SoggyShorts

spirestuck.png

I'm stuck on the second stage first encounter. Fed my chicken and everything.

A few bits of feedback:
I like the general idea,
I love the 2 wave idea,
I need manual fighting though.
Oh and coin/supply instants suck as always.
troop losses are too high, this encounter is already bigger than my normal SS.

Heymrdiedier

View attachment 5899
I'm stuck on the second stage first encounter. Fed my chicken and everything.

A few bits of feedback:
I like the general idea,
I love the 2 wave idea,
I need manual fighting though.
Oh and coin/supply instants suck as always.
troop losses are too high, this encounter is already bigger than my normal SS.
you need golems or orc strategists for that one. And probably some combat buildings aswell. In manual fight, you'd probably have it easy. But in general, everything that has range on enemy side is a lot harder on auto then in manual

DeletedUser1025

I am four fights away from the top and cannot beat the beasts (ghosts) no matter what I try. Maybe, if the manual fight was possible, I could see why...but it is not. So, I tried automatic three or four times and stopped trying.
I used up way too many soldiers to get even there, luckily, in my FS, the tourney is not mandatory because I have to skip this one.
Negotiation options seem comparatively cheap to fighting but they are disabled (??).
It seems to be only half-ready and it is not quite fair to let us wipe out our armies (on the day of the tourney beginning) to report that we cannot finish it ....

palmira

I finished the first stage, got 30 diamonds from the darn chest, summing up, 9x1h timers, a lot of coins and supplies instants and 30 diamonds is not worth the troops, I will give this feature a pass from now on the troop loss is huge and the rewards very meager so I will continue saving my troops for the tournments. I had a look at the costs to negotiate and if it is a guessing game tthe prices are way too expensive for a coin/supplies instant so unless the tweaks are major tweaks the idea was great but the implementation not so much

Elderflower

I don't understand why the Convince button is greyed out. I don't do fights so why is that option not available or are the developers still working on it?

maxiqbert

there is an odd behaviour in squad counting :
before selecting before.jpg after after.jpg
hard to know if you're going to have enough troops or not...
edit : i just checked, and I have more golems than should be needed (I have 6821 single units) . It's not just a display problem, it's a maths problem
edit 2 : note that there doesn't seem to be a problem with "small" (size 1) units, the archer squad reduces the total by 1, just as it should, but the golem total units is reduced of the same number as the archer, regardless of size, although it displays only a smaller number on the selection.
I guess I got ripped off a few thousands of troops this way.
edit 3 : should I report this as a bug? I see the spire as work in progress, so no bug report needed. Maybe I'm wrong.

Last edited: