• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Spire Library set pieces...

Pauly7

Feels like the Mermaids artefacts have been there forever. Not sure how many weeks that was. One of my cities on Live, even, has picked up 12 of them... not that I want them.

little bee

I sure hope it is just an oversight. I would hate to see the set back without any change at all.

@Marindor Can you tell us, if this is an accident or intentionally?

Arthus

No Golem artifacts? Oh. Strange as this year June is for Sorcerer's unlike last year when it was in July.
Will be funny if this is a mistake though

Arthus

Last week was the 6th week for Mermaid, so today should have started the 2019 Bear artifact. If they put the set back in, instead of the Bear, I will be annoyed.

Bears are coming always around September when Autumn Zodiac hits.
We have at least 2 more events before Bears, June XXI and July XXI events.
Last year we had Unur Traders in June but they became Chapter 17 and had a set building, so no artifact.
This year they moved Sorcerers from July to June.
Tbh only other artifact than bears that could enter the spire is Golem.

little bee

Or they could just leave the bears for a really long time. I mean, most players are probably missing at least two bears.

Enevhar Aldarion

Last year we had Unur Traders in June but they became Chapter 17 and had a set building, so no artifact.

Go and look at the original release order. First Phoenix, then Stonehenge, then Mermaid, then Bear.

PaNonymeB

Spire artifacts cycle every 6 weeks, while in 2019 there were much less than 1 event every 6 weeks (6 weeks is 3 event weeks + 1 nothing week + 1 FA week + 1 nothing week, I'd have to check if it's what we have now or an even faster rate) so Spire artifacts are cycling faster than events. With Mermaids we're already in August 2019, so no problem with having Bears next.

Enevhar Aldarion

Though I should point out that only on Beta, we had the moonstone set return for two weeks in between the Phoenix and Stonehenge artifacts in the Spire. This may be another of those intervals that will not happen on the Live servers.

Arthus

Though I should point out that only on Beta, we had the moonstone set return for two weeks in between the Phoenix and Stonehenge artifacts in the Spire. This may be another of those intervals that will not happen on the Live servers.

I think it's the matter of holidays in Germany or something, heard they have something like that atm.

Hazel Caballus

There was one day of holidays last Thursday. It shouldn’t really interfere with a change in Spire artifacts. I‘d appreciate if the moonstone library set in Spire did not return to live servers. People who heard from this on Beta are already afraid it might hit live servers as well :oops: but maybe it’s just a way to bridge a certain time gap here.

little bee

So, I guess reintroducing the spire set was not an accident? At least not here on beta?
In which case I have to tell you: It is a mistake!

The set has been proven to be a mayor balncing problem time and time again. For over a year, players have repeatedly pointed this out on every world and on every forum. And over and over again, we got the answere: "The problem is knows, we are working on it. "
Except evidence suggests otherwise. Removing the set from the tower helped to stop the problem from getting worse. But is does not solve the problem. There is still a scroll problem on every single world. And even the gum and bismut problem has not been fixed, despite the fact that decay should help fix this much sooner.
When the merchant was first announced, I thought this was supposed to be the long awaited solution at last. And I was honestly positively surprised. Because I really do think that merchants in combination with a normal trader could be an effective solution for current and future trade imbalances. But then it turned out that the merchants are not meant to combat such trade imbalances at all and there is no solution in sight. And now the spire set is reintroduced. It just sends all the wrong messages.
I may not like (most) artifacs in the spire, but at least they are only useless for the mayority of players, not actively harmfull for the entire game. And the bears wich should be coming next are one of the two artifacts that are actually great to have in the spire. So stopping with the artifacts now is very much the wrong time.

So please, do not let the spire set go back to live worlds !!!

Arthus

Bears are next, it's in files. So it was just a little holiday break.
Skipped Golem though when Bears are Autumn and Golem is Summer.

Uffauffa

“Bear Artifacts and craftable building will be phased in instead”
“Stonehenge Artifacts will also be phased in”

@Marindor, does it mean that bear and Stonehenge artifacts will be available in spire at the same time?

little bee

“Bear Artifacts and craftable building will be phased in instead”
“Stonehenge Artifacts will also be phased in”

@Marindor, does it mean that bear and Stonehenge artifacts will be available in spire at the same time?
Or maybe the stonehenged building is phased into the MA? Replacing the phoenix artifakt for 3 blueprints?