• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Cannot reproduce Spire clashes with Autumn background

UlyssesBlue

Game version: v1.88-beta.5-(481f405) (2019-09-03 11:41)
HTML5 Yes/No: No
Game world: Beta1
Browser/IOS/Android + version: Firefox 68.0.2
Flash Player version: 32.0.0.238
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1440 x 900
Account name: UlyssesBlue
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title:n/a

Current situation: As seen in the below screenshot, the image of the spire clashes with the new Autumn background. It shows green grass around the spire and on the hillside, whereas the surrounding plains are in the new autumn colours. The hard line between them makes this looks like an error.

Expected situation:
Ground around spire and hillside behind it should match the autumn colours of the surrounding plains, or gradually blend from one to the other. Perhaps this grassy part of the spire image could be transparent so that it just shows whatever is underneath. That would mean it would be future-proofed, and would match all future backgrounds, e.g. winter, etc.

Reproduction Steps:
1. Open game.
2. Observe spire.

Screenshots of the bug:
spire autumn bug.png

Last edited:

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
could you eplain in more detail what you think is wrong?
for me its looks like it fits perfectly?

UlyssesBlue

@Kersepitje I edited the above post a few times before I saw your comment, and I'm not sure which version your comment refers to. Could you clarify if there is now sufficient detail in the above post?

Kersepitje

QA Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Kersepitje I edited the above post a few times before I saw your comment, and I'm not sure which version your comment refers to. Could you clarify if there is now sufficient detail in the above post?
nope the desciptions now says enough about what you find unclear. I personally don't feel like it doesn't fit, i feels like it fits perfectly. but ill ask to see what the devs think

Last edited:

Deleted User - 60107

I disagree, the green really does not fit. Here's a nice little comparison:
SpireAutumn.png
Top: Visiting another player. Notice how the Spire Ruins (as I call them) nicely fit with the backgroun?

Bottom: Spire in my city. The green does not match the background and feels out of place.

In fact, now that I look at it more carefully, I can see parts of the Spire Ruins behind the Spire, as if it is misplaced and is not right on top of them, thus not covering them.

Deleted User - 60107

I see this has been changed, so I guess it was a bug after all...

Marindor

This was not a bug, but rather a feature request. However, since it's changed now, we'll grant the diamonds anyway :)