• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Duplicate Spells on neighbours' Barracks

Elderflower

Game version: v1.23.4-(785f9e5) (2017-02-09 10:50)
Game world: Beta
Browser + version: Mozilla Firefox
Flash Player version: 24.0.0.194
Operating System: Windows 7 home premium
Screen resolution: 1366 x 768
Account name: Elderflower
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 2/5

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation: Certain of my neighbours' cities are showing barracks which appear to have had a motivational spell placed on them.

I happen to believe that these players are all inactives. I should add that one of my goods buildings has a spell on it at the moment which may be related to the problem.

I do not know if this is a recurrence of the previous bug. https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...work-on-the-armory-and-other-odd-places.5869/

Expected situation: Only goods building houses and workshops should show the effect of cast spells.

Reproduction Steps

1 Apply a spell to a goods building in your own city (not sure if this step is necessary)

2 visit neighbours, particularly any that you believe have left the game, and see if their barracks has the telltale sparkling above it indicative of a spell
boosted inactive barracks .jpg
boosted inactive barracks 2.jpg

Elderflower

Ok I just found a Fountain of Youth that has had a spell put on it and I don't think this neighbour is inactive
boosted fountain of youth.jpg

DeletedUser1817

Yes, it really looks like that...

Another example of an odd spell halo, found in a neighbor's city during my NH visits:
Wrong_hint_on cultural_building_available for NH_0b.jpg

while I am quite sure (and the wiki confirms) that Orange Berries Trees should not be part of cultural buildings that can be polished and therefore should not be able to receive such a spell...

The completely wracked hint seems to be a new thing though (I do not recall having seen such hints, when participating to collect examples of the historical issue), that might be related to the "broken hints" problem I reported here.

Elderflower

It is definitely related to whether I have a spell on one of my goods buildings. Yesterday I didn't have any and so none of the people I visited had spells on their barracks. Today I do have spells on my manufactories and, sure enough, the spells are back on the barracks in certain players cities. If necessary I can give the names of some of them.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1771

As Philplessis said, our old bugy has come back. I reopened old thread and this one will be moved to archive.

Elderflower

I think you are right that it is the same bug. I have now noticed spells on other buildings than Barracks and it is always linked to my having a spell running in my own city.