• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Pilgrimage

DeletedUser3314

for a new player that is looking for culture buildings i have to say the daily prices so far are pretty dissapointing.
I'm hoping the Golem Cave from day 4 will appear again. I tried to get it then but didn't have any luck. :(

Pauly7

for a new player that is looking for culture buildings i have to say the daily prices so far are pretty dissapointing.
Agreed about that. For advanced players no one wants pure culture, but for newer players they're important. This event has been sadly lacking. Yeah, I think the Golem's Cave is the only decent one. Luckily I got a couple of those, but I could do with a couple more now, in the absence of anything else.

Lovec Krys

There is one good thing about this event, since I don't have to hurry with the quests (nothing interested in dailies so far) and I have recently finished Embassies (on live), I can use the free space after settlement to build seed producing event buildings from previous event to finaly do all the building upgrades (I need over milion seeds just for the upgrades)

ErestorX

A main price producing barrack Mages is not a good choice, because those are much better for humans than for elves. I know that this already has been mentioned a few times. But after I told people on live that I registered here, I was asked several times to bring this up. I guess people hope that this will be changed before the event comes to live!

DeletedUser1953

Too bad those don't appear in this event though. :p
Not totally sure, we can have a "old" building (not event linked) that appears.

But sure we can do without hurry, this event is mainly for spell fragments, they reduce the number of reward and daily military /2.5, the only problem for now, the daily buildings are small for fragments. When we compare to 2019 rewards, it seems not the same game, even the Copper Dragon is a poorer version than Mother Dragon !

Pauly7

A main price producing barrack Mages is not a good choice, because those are much better for humans than for elves. I know that this already has been mentioned a few times. But after I told people on live that I registered here, I was asked several times to bring this up. I guess people hope that this will be changed before the event comes to live!
Luckily, in this regard, the output of Mages is so small that it won't make a great deal of difference to most people.

TimberNZ

It seems that in the last few events, it has been made harder to get enough whatever (scrolls in this case) to evolve to level 10. In the May flower, I had several extra. This time, despite doing all the tasks, there is virtually no path for me to get to Level 10. Now, I've been lazy about just doing the token that gets me the furthest instead of what takes me along cheapest per scroll. And I haven't been around my city every day to collect what drops. But I've had exceptionally bad luck with getting scrolls from the tokens. The primary feedback for Inno is that players shouldn't have to rely on decent luck from the tokens to get enough scrolls to be able to evolve to Level 10.

I'm hoping the usual happens and they can be picked up in the next fellowship adventure. But I think it would make a better game experience if players could be guaranteed to evolve to Level 10 if they completed the whole task list and sent all the scrolls (or whatever the currency for the event is)

guivou

event is not finish 8 days remaining with 8 day bonus + 8 quests so many (several hundreds ) scrolls to get

Enevhar Aldarion

@TimberNZ as @guivou says, there are enough dailies and quests left, and scrolls to pick up around your city, that you should easily get another 900 scrolls by the end of the final day.

I have also had very bad luck getting extra scrolls back from the beacons and I already have 8 artifacts and am working on the 9th one right now. I might even have enough to get a second base, which I hope to do, because I moved into a new chapter during the event.

galrond

I wonder, why it´s under the "pilgrimage" section don´t say "the beacons gives 1, 2 or 3 tokens towards completing the pilgrimage", instead of some bliber-blaber about "the beacons to the right is more effective".
First of all: they´re not, if you plan to get as far as you can by using your Sorcerer´s knowledge. Getting 1 token from using 18 SK will bring you longer, than getting 3 tokens from using 92 SK ;)
Second of all: there´s no real infomation in there, just a bunch of words filling the space o_O
Theird of all: even if things are supposed to be common knowledge, do write it down. In some cases it´s not common, but intern knowledge. Always remember: would a player new to the game know/understand this?

The "choose between 3 different "chests", that have diffferent loot posibilities, and token amounts" is a good and well testet mecanism that works.
The way that you get SK by a combination of city drops, daily login and a quest chain, also is a well functioning mecanism.
The loot seems relevant to all.
All in all an event, that uses what works from other events, but with it´s own twist.
A part from the too low info level in descriptions, I like the event.

Suzanik

How to find out how much is already invested and how much is left? it is not clear now.
View attachment 7513
Exactly what I wanted to point out as well. There is no way one can tell now how much is left until you can get the next prize, unlike the previous event where one could see exactly how far they’ve made it and how much was left to get the prize. Please, change this! It is very useful to see how much has been invested and how much is left, so kindly asking you to add this feature back. Thank you! Also, I find it a bit difficult now to get the daily exclusive. I have 2 accounts in chapter 5 where I do not struggle much to get the prizes but in the beta world I am struggling with almost everything. And by now I’d say I know how to get a city going...

Suzanik

We do, actually, but sometimes it takes a little time. Since we're on Beta here, that's often just not quick enough before we release things here, but it should be more than in time for the Live release.
When is the Live release?

Fyrefly

When is the Live release?
@Marindor: I think @Suzanik meant the release of the event on the live servers...

Speaking of the event, never ever in my three and a half years of playing Elvenar have I had such outrageous bad luck as today when trying to win the Daily Exclusive! My city here on Beta is only 10 days old, and since today is the first day with a passably useful Daily Exclusive after I made it to Chapter 2, I was hoping the roughly 2600 Sorcerers' Knowledge I had saved up would win me at least three or four of today's Arcane Trinket Shops. (Mediocre as this event's buildings' stats may be, even the worst are better than what I can build myself!)

Well... It took almost 2000 Sorcerers' Knowledge before I got even a single Arcane Trinket Shop, and another 1400 – since I received 200 extra five times – for a second one. But having to spend a total of 3400 (!!!) event currency for two Daily Exclusives – that's rather ridiculous!

Last edited:

Deleted User - 81190

Well... It took almost 2000 Sorcerers' Knowledge before I got even a single Arcane Trinket Shop, and another 1400 – since I received 200 extra five times – for a second one. But having to spend a total of 3400 (!!!) event currency for two Daily Exclusives – that's rather ridiculous!
It does happen, albeit infrequently. IIRC my record (not in this event) was going for ~2300 event currency without winning a single daily. Luckily, I had more than 6K to dump, so after all was said and done the total daily amount turned out to be fairly average. But with low amounts of spend nothing is guaranteed.