• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Pilgrimage

Marindor

Hi guys,

Technically @Enevhar Aldarion is right. A nerf is when you adjust something that was already there and make it worse than before. In this case you're comparing Event A to a totally different Event B and because one of the prizes differ, that's not a "nerf", just as e.g. chapter 16 is not a "nerf" compared to chapter 15 because it requires more goods. This is a new event, with a new setup and a new balancing, not an adjustment of the old one. The point got across that you'd like to see higher amounts of squads in the instant prizes, but please let's not confuse other/newer players by just calling things a "nerf", because it suggests the impression that we have rebalanced the event compared to when we started it, which is not the case.

That being said, the point itself got across so let's get back on topic please.

Potvorisko

Love the building, the only thing, that I do not like much are sorcerers/witches asi bonus, it is unfair for elf cities. If there would be blooming mages or Banshee, IT would be way better.

DeletedUser3314

If someone makes a nice graphic of which Beacons are best for Dailies, Grand Prize, etc - please share it with me
Daily
1594571964652.png

Grand Prize
1594571998319.png

I put 1 in GP, and i obtain 18-30-40-45-31-53-28, with my own calculation, i obtain 18-30-40-45-53-31-92
Are you sure to update the % and the gain of event currency by chest ?
I am pretty sure I did. Have you? ;) Also, some secondary currency payouts have changed (e.g. was only 1x chest for 2 before, now there are 3x).
@MinMax Gamer : I've got the same results as cestbienmoi as you can see above. If ours are wrong can you explain why ? o_O

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1953

Thx a lot, Lord Soth. Without you, i will a lot of mistake !

Deleted User - 81190

Daily

Grand Prize
View attachment 7534

@MinMax Gamer : I've got the same results as cestbienmoi as you can see above. If ours are wrong can you explain why ? o_O
Oh, I see, you guys simply sorted by adjusted cost per secondary currency? This is not how true optimal strategies work. There was a lot of discussion on that back in a day and I am too lazy to look for it, but I will give you an extreme example to illustrate why it is not always ideal.

Let's say there are only 3 possible chests, and you're choosing any one of the 2 randomly shown to you. The chest rewards/costs are 1/1, 1/2 and 501/1000. If you sort them as you do (1.000, 0.500, 0.501), you will be picking chest 3 instead of chest 2 all the time. This is a bad strategy. If you do so, then for 1000 currency you just locked your 0.501 value which is terrible. If you pick instead #2, then you can be picking A LOT more chests for these 1000 points, and many of those would be #1 chests with much better value. The only way how you would do worse with #1, #2 strategy is if you keep rolling #2+#3 combo for 500 times in a row. This is not exactly realistic.

Bottom line is, chest costs matter, and not just for calculating adjusted costs. The gist is that for larger than average chests you want to prioritize them if they lock in better value than average, and deprioritize them if they lock in worse value than average (the example above).

It works the same way with real event chests, except effects are more subtle and are harder to see without proper calculation, but the idea is still the same.

Deleted User - 84934

Entering Woodelves now and trying to plan my layout, we agree that none of the building for this event are worth counting in my city for mana production? all are quite low in production it seems...

DeletedUser1953

In the previous event => 120x45 = 5400
In the new => +/- 85 quest (40..51) => 3900

You do not change the cost of the daily price (<10% change) in term of event currency, thus for me daily price from 25 squads to 10 squads, you reduce the value of the reward and the number of rewards => nerf !
Some chest reward has changed too but not sure it is better now than in the past (except if we compare with the time we had time reductions, it is a lot of badder in quantity & choice ^^).

Enevhar Aldarion

In the previous event => 120x45 = 5400
In the new => +/- 85 quest (40..51) => 3900

You do not change the cost of the daily price (<10% change) in term of event currency, thus for me daily price from 25 squads to 10 squads, you reduce the value of the reward and the number of rewards => nerf !
Some chest reward has changed too but not sure it is better now than in the past (except if we compare with the time we had time reductions, it is a lot of badder in quantity & choice ^^).

There are 90 quests, not 85, as the completion line in the prize window shows. And if quest 73 is already giving 51, the remaining 17 quests after that will continue to climb, even if only a little. Plus you forget the daily log-in reward is 35 this time and not the 25 of the June event, so that is about another 200. Yes, it is sill less to earn, but not nearly as bad as your numbers show.

Enevhar Aldarion

How much artifacts from event only? Possible to get Golem up to level 8 right?

I already have seven and I just caught up today on all the quests, so now I am at one quest per day the rest of the way. I have one more to get from the progression bar, which will make eight, and I should easily get a ninth one from the grand prizes. I also just entered chapter 4 today, so I am really hoping I can get lucky enough to get a second base for the new chapter stats.

DeletedUser2526

Here is my

♥ Big Thank you's to all contributors, I get all my information from Platinum Leaf Facebook Group, iDavis and Minmax Gamer ♥
**Edited to fix link
I knew you would get us one!! I been patient... lol and thanks to all the contributors to this! The only thing is you need a column for BETA.. I know spreadsheets and can fix my own but others may not be able to.. just a thought my friend

DeletedUser2526

I feel like this is ELVENOR JUMANJI! lol I am not a techie, productions, numbers, ratios...I just love to play these EVENTS!!! I may not enjoy some as much as I did others but each one to me is an ADVENTURE and Challenging.. THANKS CREATORS for all the hard work!!
1594672277898.png

TomatoeHu

I knew you would get us one!! I been patient... lol and thanks to all the contributors to this! The only thing is you need a column for BETA.. I know spreadsheets and can fix my own but others may not be able to.. just a thought my friend

I was using the tick boxes on the furthest left for beta but now i have slid that column over to the rest of the World headers, great suggestion! I was using letters to distinguish worlds A- W but i could even make them a drop down.... Done, drop downs available to reorder and select worlds in what ever order you want :)

Angeduciel

A 25% Supply windfall as a daily exclusive!? :mad: I am sure Inno can to better then this and don't need us to provide tons of examples of what would be better. Seriously, I can't believe people are happy with this event. If it doesn't get better, I won't even bother doing it on my live world :confused:

edeba

With the tournament changes and huge supply and coin draw, I think these instants could end up being hard to keep your hands on...

A 25% Supply windfall as a daily exclusive!? :mad: I am sure Inno can to better then this and don't need us to provide tons of examples of what would be better. Seriously, I can't believe people are happy with this event. If it doesn't get better, I won't even bother doing it on my live world :confused: