• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

reinhardz

Nope. I never create Elven cities anymore, I don't care what certain folks say, a HR with no strikeback in NO WAY makes up for mages with range 3, HM with range 1, vs mages range 5, HM range 2, HR range ridikkulous at any star. All my way of saying the city I started was human. Of course.

Maybe there is some factor in this algorithm that recognizes when multiple accounts were created from the same IP address, ie if for example some experienced player kept abandoning a scrolls boosted city, or one waaayyy out on the rim.
OK, so there are at least 2 differences than. 1. Fellowship tech 2. Flying boat tech That's even more strange.

Arthus

Did every quest, picked up a lot of currency, even had some luck with 200x currency twice and some 90's.
Already not enough for gold league.

It's locked behind P2W since today, not enough with all my work.

Enevhar Aldarion

OK, so there are at least 2 differences than. 1. Fellowship tech 2. Flying boat tech That's even more strange.

Elves get Flying Boat and Humans get Holy Codex research. These are not the only differences between Human and Elf in the research for the first few chapters. There is one chapter where the AWs do the identical same thing, but the humans and elves have different images and names for them. Research does not get identical until you get to the guest races in chapter 6, I think.

As for the fellowship restriction to chapter 2, I swear a few months ago I read something about that being tested, but I can't remember if it was on this forum or the US forum, and I have not had the time to do a proper search for it.

Lelanya

You mean to say you have 2 cities and they are the same race? I have 10, and 3 of them are elven; one by accident, I intended to have 2 elven. And fighting in them irritates me no end, because Barracks troops are the most versatile, except of course, the horrid elven troops.

I am still hanging on to amateur level. No #@&!* competition is going to have me spending $$ or wasting my scrolls on the early stuff.

Pauly7

How can there be such a disparity? 600 more than me seems like way more than the city collections can account for.
I'm not sure what the answer is. 61 quests completed at (let's say) an average of 60 SK per quest = 3,660. 500 free SK from the two quest rewards and possibly 20 extra around the city for 6 days is 120. That all makes 4,280. Right now I have 4,333, so not far off.

Did you feed your Ashen Phoenix? That wouldn't account for all of it, but perhaps part?
No, I don't have an Ashen Phoenix. I'm almost offended by the accusation, haha. :D. If I did, that would have given me an extra 61 SK.

Enevhar Aldarion

I don't know how many I have gotten and used, but I just completed the 10th grand prize last night, so I am at 200 staffs and just outside of Gold, though I know I won't stay that close for long. I have only won extra knowledge twice, a 300 and a 90.

Arthus

I don't know how many I have gotten and used, but I just completed the 10th grand prize last night, so I am at 200 staffs and just outside of Gold, though I know I won't stay that close for long. I have only won extra knowledge twice, a 300 and a 90.

Gold is meant for P2W clearly from now on. 1% is too low ammount of players especially on beta.
This means they lock new avatars behind p2w wall.

Enevhar Aldarion

No, it is not pay to win, but luck to win.

Maybe a few people on Beta will finish in Gold without spending any money, because Beta is not about spending money, but not on any of the Live servers. Remember if 10,000 cities take part in the event, 1%, or 100 of them, will get Gold. Even if people hold off until inside the last hour, so that more people can move up into Gold without knocking anyone out, they will still all be spenders, not free-to-play people.

Rill

Since the spenders are paying for my free enjoyment, I don't begrudge them a few perks. The event is designed so that anyone who completes the tasks can get the basic buildings, and I'm pretty ok with that.

Arthus

Tbh in this event it's not that easy to get full set, i've clicked best options possible for overall score and it looks like i will manage last part of the set, but not by a large margin. 1 part every 3 rewards is very big gap if we have 7 parts, last year it was less parts. Some people might have problems getting all 7 parts, if they won't win at least 500-600 additional currency from chests.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Some people might have problems getting all 7 parts, if they won't win at least 500-600 additional currency from chests.
You're right in so far that it is fairly tight. However, you shouldn't need to be particularly lucky. I did a little maths:

You need to reach the top 13 times to win the 5 buildings (two come as quest rewards). If you pick fairly random beacons this should cost an average of about 5,700 currency to get there. If my calculations are right you should pick up about 4,290 (quests), 500 (extra rewards) and let's say 420 (picking up around the city). This is a total of 5,210 currency gained and a shortfall of nearly 500.

However, the big difference comes with picking the right beacons to open. If you always manage to open one of the best three (which, incidentally, means winning no 200 or 300 currency bonuses), then the average currency cost to win 13 grand prizes is 4,853, which could leave enough left over to win a 14th grand prize.

ayvinul

I thought the league system would be cool, and then I see that we still have locked daily quests.

So being in the 1% will mostly be money.

we're talking about people who finish the questline, go for the best chests for the event. Of course, there's some amount of luck involved, but buying a pack with extra scrolls would go a long way into ensuring dominance.

I'm slightly disgusted at this. I might be wrong about what percentage of players finish events.

I'm also fairly sure beta isn't going to give us any useful statistics, since it's mostly shockful of people who play a bit on beta and play way more on live worlds.

aliceFalling

hi. sorry to change the subject a bit but has the quest that asks for donations to an AW been fixed yet? we have someone in the first chapter with no AW and this quest, without an either/or, is impossible in the time given.