• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Rill

It's my understanding that some lucky players (like me) get the "test" of the neighborhood and fellowship techs. I'm not sure if it's everyone on beta or just some people. So far I'm not a fan.

Lelanya

Lol
PrimroseSylvia I started a city on live, and had no FS research. But if it's true, that newer players have to conduct a research, I sure do hope it's an equivalent amount to what some of us put into the tech tree for tournament, hmm? ;)

Pauly7

I, for one, am very glad for this event. Even though it may be flawed, It is the most interested I've been in an Elvenar event for nearly two years. I hope this doesn't just constitute a once in a year excursion from evolving buildings and that the devs realised that we need variation and/or new things on a regular basis.

guivou

some are crazy and spending lot of diamonds to be in golden league , it remains 15 days (and we haven't seen yet some very good building) and to be in gold should earn more than 200 points (more than 10 artefact in a 3 chests system) i am waiting the daily quest and i have got 71 points + 2400 scroll so perhaps a score of 170 ...

reinhardz

And if you would know the game better, you'd know that not all new account have to research the tech to join a fellowship ;)

No. If you have to reseach fellowship tech, you are unable do to anything about fellowships: neither joining (no matter if by invite or application) nor founding.

So, what you are saying is that some new player in chapter 1 can join a fellowship without doing the required research?
------
1621859974565.png

Do these players have a different research tree?

Aeva

I like the league so far. It will give about everyone something extra just for participating and that is a good thing. Both bronze and silver league have nice awards, but I doubt many will succeed in silver let alone gold.
Without to much trouble (or investing a lot of timeboosters) it is possible to strive for silver and be certain of bronze. But: I have no clue yet how that plays out at the end of the event when players who are holding back join in.
My impression is that de Manor set is very nice and achievable for everybody. And that is the best thing of this event.

Lovec Krys

@reinhardz I do not see such tech in ch1 or ch2 in my beta city.
I have even created a new city on beta to test it and without doing anything else i have created a fellowship.
After that i have created another city and invited it to the created fellowship. Now both cities are in the created fellowship.
Both cities are newly created, but the accounts have been existing for some time (original cities were deleted), but i doubt that tech tree is bound to the account.
Maybe it is from the app? I use only Browser version, maybe the tech tree is slightly different there.

reinhardz

@reinhardz I do not see such tech in ch1 or ch2 in my beta city.
I have even created a new city on beta to test it and without doing anything else i have created a fellowship.
After that i have created another city and invited it to the created fellowship. Now both cities are in the created fellowship.
Both cities are newly created, but the accounts have been existing for some time (original cities were deleted), but i doubt that tech tree is bound to the account.
Maybe it is from the app? I use only Browser version, maybe the tech tree is slightly different there.
Here is my tree I also only use browser version and PC
1621866959469.png

Lovec Krys

@reinhardz That's strange.
This is from newly created city on a new account:
1621868184097.png

I was able to join a fellowship (and left few minutes later, since it was only for test). Funny thing is that i was not able to see chat (0/18 story quests for ch1 finished).
Maybe it is some new feature they are testing only on portion of players and you're one of those unlucky?

Shereana

This feature is on life servers too, but not for all new players, thus causing misunderstanding, when some of new players can join fellowship from the start, but others don't, even worse because of tech being in the 2nd chapter.

Rill

@Lovec Krys new cities created by existing accounts will not have that tech option (if there is an account that had a city that has been deleted). Not all newly created accounts (as far as I can tell) will have that tech option. It appears to be a stealth test of the new tech tree. Did they think we wouldn't notice?

I can see why they might want to do this in order to avoid having people create temporary accounts for FA and tournaments and such, but it is unfortunate that now you can't play the tournament in chapter 1. Some of us like to take our time and collect resources and other goodies there.

reinhardz

@reinhardz That's strange.
This is from newly created city on a new account:

I was able to join a fellowship (and left few minutes later, since it was only for test). Funny thing is that i was not able to see chat (0/18 story quests for ch1 finished).
Maybe it is some new feature they are testing only on portion of players and you're one of those unlucky?
Did you create as Alv? Flying boat? I created as human Differens there?

SoggyShorts

some are crazy and spending lot of diamonds to be in golden league
nevermind, I hadn't taken my 500 free currency from quests yet
I'm on locked quests with 3,600 scrolls which would give me Just enough to get into silver.
I haven't been perfect at collecting around my city, but I estimate that 3%+ (100 players) have already spent diamonds.
The gold players have used ~20 worth of diamonds so far which isn't a lot, but with weeks still to go I'm actually impressed it's so high so early.

It's strange because they've blown everything without regard to what daily prizes are yet to come. To me this implies they'll just dump even more if a daily they like pops up.

Say what you will about inno's policies but there is a reason they make ~250,000,000 USD per year.
Now I'm looking forward to this event simply because we will actually get a peek at how much whales really spend on the game.

Last edited:

Earwen1

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-05-24T17-26-07.556Z.png

I have not used a single diamond, neither a single Euro.
Was just lucky to 'win' a lot of extra Sorcerer's Knowledge in the Beacons.
That's the only way to make the difference: luck.

Pauly7

I'm on locked quests with 3,600 scrolls which would give me Just enough to get into silver.
3,600 scrolls should get you comfortably into silver position if you used them all right now, if you open the right chests / beacons. About 180 staffs, I would calculate.

I have 4,200 and something right now. I would think I could get up to gold right now, though obviously the big rollers / spenders won't push that total up further until nearer the end.

Rill

I find the sorceror's knowledge really hard to find when it's positioned in the top spot in the city (which is easy to miss anyway). Maybe it needs to be bigger or more glowy? I play on browser with graphics on low.

Lelanya

I again would like to thank the developers for the very large, very visible event litter (sorry, y'all ain't never living down Woodelvenstock and Andy's littering hippies)

Lelanya

Did you create as Alv? Flying boat? I created as human Differens there?
Nope. I never create Elven cities anymore, I don't care what certain folks say, a HR with no strikeback in NO WAY makes up for mages with range 3, HM with range 1, vs mages range 5, HM range 2, HR range ridikkulous at any star. All my way of saying the city I started was human. Of course.

Maybe there is some factor in this algorithm that recognizes when multiple accounts were created from the same IP address, ie if for example some experienced player kept abandoning a scrolls boosted city, or one waaayyy out on the rim.