• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

reinhardz

I hate to say it, but if you have somehow finished all the chapter 1 research and only completed 2 of the 10 provinces needed to unlock chapter 2, you have majorly prioritized some things in the wrong order. Do you have those 8 provinces scouted yet, so they are ready to complete? And are you in a fellowship yet, so that they can trade you the goods you need to negotiate all those encounters?

With all respect, I hate to say it too, but if you hate to say it than DON'T SAY IT! But you did and so will I. What makes the game interesting is that you can play it all different ways you want it to. There is no wrong order. And if you would know the game a bit better you would certainly know that fellowship start in chapter 2

I am not looking for advice (I play chapter 18 in 'Live' world) nor workarounds. INNO games can fix this by adding a second option to the quest so that I may stay in chapter 1 as long as I wish and enjoy the quest story line completely from start to finish without having to advance a chapter. Otherwise they should tell so. That's my opinion.

reinhardz

Hi guys,

This is actually feedback that has been brought up before and that we've discussed internally as well. We're trying to make the events more or less playable even for Chapter 1 cities and try to balance the quests in such a way that some quests will be easier for early chapter players and some for later chapter players (or provide alternatives). Another option would have been to only make events available at a later stage in the game, so that early players can only focus on the basics in the first few chapters, but for now we've decided to just still give them a chance to earn some extra rewards and get a bit familiar with events, although they're just starting out and events shouldn't be their main focus yet.

About this specific quest: Chapter 1 can be finished within a matter of days and scouting times are still very short at that stage, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. You'll get across more event quests that will take you a similar amount of time probably.
OK, I see your point but all prices have a chapter 1 value. That leaves the impression that I can reach this price while I am in chapter 1. That may be not the case? Why not add an alternative to the specific quest #6 or change the quest. It is on BETA isn't it. Why not make it really easy for chapter 1 players. There is anyway no way anyone take buildings bigger than 1x1 up to level 18 through Royal Restoration

reinhardz

@reinhardz Do you also expect to be the national champion in the first season you are playing tennis or golf? If not: then appreciate the learning proces and whatever you cán pick up in the event.
Oh-my, this is the BETA server isn't it? I think there is no newbie here ever or? On the 'Live' server I play chapter 18. Learning process? You are totally missing the point I am making about the Quest.

PrimroseSylvia

if you would know the game a bit better you would certainly know that fellowship start in chapter 2
And if you would know the game better, you'd know that not all new account have to research the tech to join a fellowship ;)

I think there is no newbie here ever or
Wrong :) I've got a couple of members some months ago here in beta who were absolutely newbie to the game. So, never say never :)

reinhardz

And if you would know the game better, you'd know that not all new account have to research the tech to join a fellowship ;)

Wrong :) I've got a couple of members some months ago here in beta who were absolutely newbie to the game. So, never say never :)

Yes, I recognized after I send it that there maybe newbies here but that's an exception. The BETA server (TEST server) was not created I guess for new players to play on but for more experienced players to test new features and games and to give their opinion (what I did about the quest). You can join as chapter 1 player I guess when you are invited? I have to try this :) Sounds like a back-door or bug to me.

Aeva

Oh-my, this is the BETA server isn't it? I think there is no newbie here ever or? On the 'Live' server I play chapter 18. Learning process? You are totally missing the point I am making about the Quest.
I think yóu are totally missing the point. You seem to know beta is testing. Then I assume you also know chapter 1, 2, 3 have been tested and newbies are fine playing it. Newbies on beta testing those chapters might be good however once in a while. You never know what they find with a very different sense of the game itself.
So I guess the point of this event on beta is testing the event. If you insist you should do that in chapter 1 then you are messing up the whole idea of testing because there ain't much to test in chapter 1 since you do not yet have the means to do so as you pointed out yourself, which by the way we probably all know and is policy.
And when I started this game way back in 2017 I began live in the middle of an event. I could just do a few quests but the prizes I got turned out to be very usefull the next couple of months.

Rill

@Aeva I think it's reasonable for early-chapter players to comment on the playability of events. @Marindor indicated that developers are interested in events being accessible to newer players. This doesn't mean that they should be easy or that everyone playing in any conceivable style should be able to get through the whole event effortlessly. I'm having fun in my beginning chapter 1 city seeing what I can do on this event. So far I'm on quest 13!

Enevhar Aldarion

I also have a city in chapter 18 on the Live servers and have been playing that city for close to 5 of the 6 years this game has existed. The optional things in this game, like events, have never been done so that brand-new, non-advancing cities could complete them. Otherwise they would be too easy and boring for the big cities. I started my Beta city just about a year ago, 4 days into the Air Trader event, and I completed all the quests with that city because I did not take my time or delay advancing in chapters. I was in chapter 2 less than a week after starting the city and almost in chapter 3 by the end of that event. Someone who is going to just sit there in the first chapter and then complain about the quests being too hard is just screwing themselves over and then trying to shift the blame to Inno.

reinhardz

I think yóu are totally missing the point. You seem to know beta is testing. Then I assume you also know chapter 1, 2, 3 have been tested and newbies are fine playing it. Newbies on beta testing those chapters might be good however once in a while. You never know what they find with a very different sense of the game itself.
So I guess the point of this event on beta is testing the event. If you insist you should do that in chapter 1 then you are messing up the whole idea of testing because there ain't much to test in chapter 1 since you do not yet have the means to do so as you pointed out yourself, which by the way we probably all know and is policy.
And when I started this game way back in 2017 I began live in the middle of an event. I could just do a few quests but the prizes I got turned out to be very usefull the next couple of months.

Its hard to follow your logic. What policy you are talking about? There is a video from INNO on YouTube who does invite players to come to BETA, open an account and check out the new event. So, you have to start at chapter 1. And if you did that what I did you got stuck on quest #6. The only thing I asked for is to either change or provide another option to solve the quest. What is the problem with that? Everybody comes with their life-history or workaround or ask me why did you do or why did you not do that or this.

You wrote:

"Newbies on beta testing those chapters might be good however once in a while. You never know what they find with a very different sense of the game itself."

Well, I found something, reported it, ask for a change and nobody seems to like my findings. I find that very strange for this forum.

reinhardz

I also have a city in chapter 18 on the Live servers and have been playing that city for close to 5 of the 6 years this game has existed. The optional things in this game, like events, have never been done so that brand-new, non-advancing cities could complete them. Otherwise they would be too easy and boring for the big cities. I started my Beta city just about a year ago, 4 days into the Air Trader event, and I completed all the quests with that city because I did not take my time or delay advancing in chapters. I was in chapter 2 less than a week after starting the city and almost in chapter 3 by the end of that event. Someone who is going to just sit there in the first chapter and then complain about the quests being too hard is just screwing themselves over and then trying to shift the blame to Inno.
Another boring story telling Life-story! Nothing to learn here. I think I got not a single constructive comment on this subject (except from Marindor maybe).

Last edited:

reinhardz

"I think I got not a single constructive comment on this subject"
That you think that might be the case @reinhardz because you chose to ignore what is being said.
You did not answer my question. Either you did not read it (that is bad) or you choose not to answer it (that is bad), or you simply forgot( hm...) or maybe you don't have an answer. There may be more reasons available. What ever reason it is you did not answer my question. That's too bad.

justpeeking

I started to read back, but all I see is hate speech, so I stopped reading the thread. Therefore excuse me, if this was already covered...
Is this a "fix" in this new event that Ranger Instants was replaced by Dryad Instants? Are the instants depends now on what you can access, so it is only Dryad for me, but Ranger for those, who can also produce them?
I am in Chapter 4 and in previous events I was very happy to earn some of the units which is not yet available for production at the stage I stand. It was a nice gesture to show appreciation to the fact that events are harder on lower levels. Now it is taken away. It is a mayor turn down. :(

Rill

@justpeeking I don't think the change is personally directed at you. Different instants have been offered in different events recently. In the Queen Fairy's Retreat event we got banshee instants rather than blossom mage instants (which I'm sure we would have preferred!). So far as I know, everyone is getting the same type of troops in the troop instants.

Pauly7

12 pages of this event feedback thread and possibly 11 and a half of those pages are about chapter 1 cities playing events or the sex of avatars... just saying.

My only word on chapter 1 is - You can probably fully complete the chapter and move into chapter 2 quicker than it has taken to have this debate.

reinhardz

12 pages of this event feedback thread and possibly 11 and a half of those pages are about chapter 1 cities playing events or the sex of avatars... just saying.

My only word on chapter 1 is - You can probably fully complete the chapter and move into chapter 2 quicker than it has taken to have this debate.
Wow another constructive comment. Very useful and entlightening, thanks! Have you heard about 'Free speech, free debate' lately?

Last edited:

justpeeking

@justpeeking I don't think the change is personally directed at you. Different instants have been offered in different events recently. In the Queen Fairy's Retreat event we got banshee instants rather than blossom mage instants (which I'm sure we would have preferred!). So far as I know, everyone is getting the same type of troops in the troop instants.
Thanks for your answer.
I obviously didn't mean personalized daily exclusive, rather customized in the same way as buildings (e.g. building don't give orks until you researched them). I know past event the instants was the same for all players, that is why I told they may "fixed" it.

Are you in a level where you can produce Rangers? What is your daily exclusive?

Thanks again.

Enevhar Aldarion

Thanks for your answer.
I obviously didn't mean personalized daily exclusive, rather customized in the same way as buildings (e.g. building don't give orks until you researched them). I know past event the instants was the same for all players, that is why I told they may "fixed" it.

Are you in a level where you can produce Rangers? What is your daily exclusive?

Thanks again.

Chapter 12 Beta city and they are the training ground troops.