• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

Deleted User - 86059

Thanks, yes we are aware and getting checked out now

little bee

If the success of others causes your failure, that's PvP as far as I'm concerned.
Thankfully in the FA the top prizes are crap so it doesn't matter, but now Set buildings are on the line?

I'm pretty confident that I'll make a top ranking, but that also means that because of my success someone else will fail.
I hate this direction.
I honestly suspect it will go the other way. I mean the prize for gold is so extremly powerfull, there is no way a fixed system would (or should) give them out for any less than completeness (i.e. all quests, all log ins and gathering from around your city). But with the competitive system it could be possible to get gold for far less effort (because everyone else is failing as well).
I'm not sure if that is better though. And if it does get competitive then the RNG will become a real problem as well since getting extra resources will also count for the league.
So I am a bit worried, but enjoying the extra prizes.

Earwen1

10 000 registered players is not the same as 10 000 active players, as I already cited, information for now is that inactive players wont count (otherwise I would not count alts as problem, since we have enough players who left to replace alts in the example). Tournament gives not reliable data of less then 2 500 players (but 100% active).

And one other example. No 100 alts this time (this number was needed only to get everyone gold).
If every active player will create 1 alt
Right. My last try.

Quite recently - and for an altogether different purpose than extra profit - I have made a second account on this server.
To create that account and play through the introduction, took me a little bit more than 1 hour. And if you know I am the impatient sort, that is a lot of time to me.

And now you want to state that 2500 active players could create a new account each, spending at least 1 hour to do so, just to get from hobby-leaghue into amateur-league? Just to gain... 5 KP and 2 RR's more?

Sorry, you have not convinced me that this is a problem. - I stay with the opinion that this problem does not exist.

Earwen1

And now for something completely different...

Ranking

Is there a general ranking list where we can see our position?

And if yes. Will this list include a ranking by Fellowship too?

Or do I need to ask this to the math and stats lovers in this community?

Earwen1

If the success of others causes your failure, that's PvP as far as I'm concerned.
Thankfully in the FA the top prizes are crap so it doesn't matter, but now Set buildings are on the line?

I'm pretty confident that I'll make a top ranking, but that also means that because of my success someone else will fail.
I hate this direction.
I think there is a difference.

PvP is litterally player versus player, one against one and you both know who your opponent is. Your win is the failure of that other one.

In this case, the whole bunch of 2500 (?) active players is shifting all the time, crossing the league-lines all the time. Every single player is an opponent, but only for a very small part.

SoggyShorts

PvP is litterally player versus player, one against one and you both know who your opponent is.
That's called 1v1
There are thousands of games where it is more than 1v1 and they are all called PvP.
Regardless, the terminology is unimportant, the game's direction is what concerns me.

"PvP", "Competition", whatever you want to call it, this game was exclusively co-op when I started, then came tournament rankings which had zero effect on gameplay, then FAs where the rank rewards are forgettable, but now it has escalated rather sharply.

Last edited:

Earwen1

Agreed, the terminology does not matter. The design of things does.

In case this would become a 1 versus 1 competition, I agree with you fully and I would not appreciate that either, because it creates a different and uneasy atmosphere between players. It creates an underlay of aggression that has made me turn away from many other games before Elvenar.

Still, this competition that we are getting here now is different I think (and hope!!!)
Because we will not be able to point at anybody specific causing us to win or loose. I think and hope it will be a competition in a sporty atmosphere.

What I was wondering about is, when is a player determined as 'active'?

FieryArien

Still, this competition that we are getting here now is different I think (and hope!!!)
Because we will not be able to point at anybody specific causing us to win or loose. I think and hope it will be a competition in a sporty atmosphere.
Let’s assume hypothetical situation: a fellow in your fellowships ends up out of the top league despite his best effort and finishing everything. He might as well be the “first under the line”, you can’t know that. But you manage to place in the top league. Does it really matter that it wasn’t you personally pushing specifically him out? Well, actually it was you - it was your success (and probably someone else’s as well) that caused his failure.
That’s the PvP aspect some of us protest against in this thread. Up until now in the events we played against the system. Nothing other players did could harm us. It doesn’t apply to leagues. Here we play against the system and other players.

Lovec Krys

Well, that's competition, not PvP as I understand it.
For me PvP means players fighting each other (in this game it would require our armies fighting against each other).
Even tournament / DS is still competition, not PvP element. From my point of view, tournament being PvP would mean fighting each other armies instead of fighting with NPCs.

Earwen1

I assume that we are all adults here in this game and that we allow each other something.
That is why I think and hope this competition can be played in a sporty atmosphere.

I have enough faith in most people around here to expect that we can do that.

Nothing other players did could harm us.

If you play the Spire, you know that this is not the case here.
If you get to the top, but other fellows are failing to reach the top, you will not get the gold reward with 275 dia's.

If you play in an Fellowship Adventure and you do your best to fill the routes to get your chests, but others in your FS don't, you won't get rewarded.
And if you do, but other Fellowships do better, than all of your Fellowship gets rewarded with smaller rewards.
(Ok, true, they s*** anyway, but I think I made my point here.)

Alcaro

Sorry, I still don't understand 100% how this League works.
This is the screen shot I made some minutes ago. I was in Golden league.
League table-gold.jpg
While typing here I forgot its name and went back to look and now I am back to Silver?
League table-silver.jpg
I think I don't like what's going on in this League. :D :D

EDIT: the more I think the less I like it. There's no way to stay on Golden league unless you buy event thingies. I spent mine already, all I got until now plus I won 3 or 4 - 200 thingies and once 300 thingies.

FieryArien

I assume that we are all adults here in this game and that we allow each other something.
That is why I think and hope this competition can be played in a sporty atmosphere.

I have enough faith in most people around here to expect that we can do that.

If you get to the top, but other fellows are failing to reach the top, you will not get the gold reward with 275 dia's.

If you play in an Fellowship Adventure and you do your best to fill the routes to get your chests, but others in your FS don't, you won't get rewarded.
And if you do, but other Fellowships do better, than all of your Fellowship gets rewarded with smaller rewards.
(Ok, true, they s*** anyway, but I think I made my point here.)
I think we’ll have to agree to disagree. ;-) But there is one thing I really need to comment. You used the Spire as the argument against my view of the matter. The Spire is actually the perfect example of the opposite principle: getting better not worse rewards when also other people work on the same goal.

SoggyShorts

What I was wondering about is, when is a player determined as 'active'?
My guess is if you gain 1 staff you are "active" for the event
That's a co-op goal. There's an important difference between your teammates not helping you and strangers harming you.
See above.
Yes, and it's what we hate about the FA too.

Karvest

I guess there is a lot of players who haven't made a single step through the map yet, and total amount of players who will get gold will be increased once they get wanted daily in prizes.
From the other side amount of players who compete for that gold would be increased too...

Lovec Krys

I bet that currently so few players have scores above 0 that probably Gold currently means only 1 or 2 players.
Just wait for jumps when popular daily prizes comes.

Arthus

This is the first time ever in history that they run 2 different events on beta and live.
Slow down guys. Even without this FA after May event (which was seen by multiple players as announced by the way as someone wrote, I didn't see).

We were in the middle of the May event, and you already started June event, and you already added July event to the files... You don't give any space for chapter progression or rest between events...

Alcaro

We were in the middle of the May event, and you already started June event, and you already added July event to the files... You don't give any space for chapter progression or rest between events...
Beside not giving us bit of time to breathe, they also aren't in any hurry to find a way to implement a "vacation mode". Soon the summer is here and if I can go in holiday (Covid restrictions aso) I might not come back if a vacation mode isn't implemented by then. There's no fun in coming back after some weeks and find all decaying goods GONE!