• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

little bee

Could we change the claim that you needed better than average luck to saying that luck was a significant factor?
I honestly have no idea if the chance of getting the full set by doing everything and choosing always the "right" chests was closer to 20%, 40%, 60% or 80%. But from the number of people reporting that they didn't get it, I'm pretty confident that is wasn't 95%. And in my opinion, it should have been at least that high.

So the feedback for the developers is:
Please offer more cheap chests without extra currency in order to reduce the impact of luck.

maxiqbert

@Aeva
I did take the chest with the cheepest staffs, in both of my live cities, but in my main city with ashen phoenix and picking up scrolls a few times per day it was still not enough to get the full set!
same here, every quest, every possible pick up, careful choice of chests, fed ashen phenix , still not an entire set.
for what it's worth, on another city without ashen phenix I got lucky and got myself a full set.
And I'm not playing differently. So only luck differs...

edeba

I was luck on both beta and live because I got the full set on both. It actually looks like I have 2 plaza and 2 pilgrim's stone mason on live, but just one of each on beta.

Aeva

There is a difference between 'you do not need any luck' and 'you have the best chance if you play it a certain way'.
@maxiqbert If you play exactly the same in multiple cities ofcourse it's luck that determines different outcomes. What I am saying is that if you play multiple cities in multiple ways the outcome is more different.

Let me make it very simple:
if you have a certain number of scrolls
than those are what you got to play with
then it's how you play that determines the outcome
if you always choose the cheapest stafs you will have more of them
your maximum score is almost fixed
but it is the luckfactor that can change the outcome

Without the luckfactor this game would be no fun.

SoggyShorts

If I will test my luck I do the spire. If i work 21 days for the event and cannot get a full building, I am frustrated. Why should I do the next events when it again frustrates me. Getting frustrated is not fun for me.
Exactly.
If they want an element of chance, make it for EXTRA stuff, not the base set.
Make 7/9 chests cost 20,40,60 currency for 1,2,3 flags and have 2 chests with + currency for players who want to gamble.

SlyLady

same here, every quest, every possible pick up, careful choice of chests, fed ashen phenix , still not an entire set.
for what it's worth, on another city without ashen phenix I got lucky and got myself a full set.
And I'm not playing differently. So only luck differs...
Same here. I got the full set plus one extra building in beta. In live, my biggest city doing all of the above only got a full set (at the very last minute) because I won over 1200 extra currency over the course of the event.

I like a challenge as much as anyone else, so I'm OK with it not being 100% certain that completing quests = full set/fully evolved building, but I think it should be highly likely. Looking at the posted server stats for leagues and seeing that 80% of players likely did not get a full set, that seems like players were set up to fail. Even if you figure a significant portion of those players may not have completed the questline, it seems to me that the likelihood of a full questline = full set was too low in live.

little bee

There is a difference between 'you do not need any luck' and 'you have the best chance if you play it a certain way'.
Except that we are dicussing feedback for a finished event here and not giving other players tipps on how to play it. So the question we are answering is not "What should the players do to get the full set? " but "What should the developers change to make the next event better?"

The simple facts are:
1) Even with the most cautious strategy and copleting everything there was a significant risk of not getting the full set.
2) It is possible to program an event in a different way, e.g. by offering more chests without extra currency.
3) Some players would prefer the full set/last artifact to be (almost) garanteed.

That is all we are saying.

Without the luckfactor this game would be no fun.
That is a perfectly valid opinion. Just as it is a perfectly valid opinion to disagree.
Personally, I do not need the luckfactor with regards to extra currency. But I would not mind having the option to gamble as an alternative to a safe strategy.

Aeva

Considering everything that has been said: I think the difference between the beta version and the live version was too big.
I was however arguing that it is possible (without having to do odd things) to obtain the whole set. The value is bigger if it is (very) difficult to get. The question that remains: is it possible for enough players?

That being said, I do not think there should be a guarantee. But I do agree that most (as in 90%) players that finish the questline should also gain the last piece of the set. I do not think you qualify if you do not finish.