• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

Discussion Sorcerers' Homecoming

SoggyShorts

I agree with you that over sensitivity can be problematic but you showed the same over sensitivity in your reaction.
Yeah, that was the point: exaggeration for effect to show how silly it is.
I think we need to be careful not to dismiss the grievances of anyone nor diminish any perspective because until you've lived the experiences of another you can't possibly know the burden someone might carry.
I disagree. I think there are many serious issues out there, but if someone makes a statement that

"If you ask an art department for 1 profile picture, you naturally get a picture with masculine characteristics. It is automatic." -earwin

Then that needs to be shut down. Such a statement is no better than "All men are pigs" and diminishes everyone who reads it.
Blanket statements and attacks of that nature should not be tolerated. It doesn't matter what personal experiences or burdens someone has had, they have no right to make such remarks about others without cause.

Last edited:

DeletedUser3726

Too much internet rage over this avatar. Now, say if Inno put a female avatar in Silver and a male in Gold, then people could accuse them of saying women are not as good as men, because that would make it look like the female players can't make the top 1%.
Well, some people might feel that way but it still wouldn't be a justified claim.
Much of the original complaint came from a well-founded phenomena (using male representation for leadership/winners etc) but it can't be reasonably suggested that inno was doing so in this instance because they don't have a history of behaving in this way.

Arthus

Give us unlimited questline a'la Gingerbread Mansion event from December 2019, giving 20 currency per bonus quest, adjust main rewards to not allow getting 1500 artifacts or set parts, and league system will be more fair.

I would change 1% to 5% and adjust other groups. 1% is too elite and mostly p2w ones.

DeletedUser3726

Yeah, that was the point: exaggeration for effect to show how silly it is.

I disagree. I think there are many serious issues out there, but if someone makes a statement that

"If you ask an art department for 1 profile picture, you naturally get a picture with masculine characteristics. It is automatic." -earwin

Then that needs to be shut down. Blanket statements and attacks of that nature should not be tolerated. It doesn't matter what personal experiences or burdens someone has had, they have no right to make such remarks about others without cause.
Yes, I agree. That statement is incorrect and unfair but the premise it is based on is not. Implicit bias means that people will often unconsciously select particular genders for particular roles much in the same way spread activation selects words from our linguistic network by the associations formed over a lifetime. This automatic association often leads to unconscious selection which in turn reinforces stereotypes.
But let me be clear - I think you were right to call out the unproven accusation; it's how you did it that was problematic.

palmira

The solution might be 2 avatars, one female and one male - I would think there are sorceresses and not only sorcerers so as the guy is sort of a young Gandalf a Galadriel would be nice :)

I haven't spend anything and I am on the silver league, I am a bit behind on the tasks as my city is cluttered with team spirit stuff :). I will finish task 39 in some 40 mnn.

Attachments

• Screenshot at May 22 18-45-58.png
    Screenshot at May 22 18-45-58.png
    533 KB · Views: 127

DeletedUser3726

How about we stop this useless argument and try something usefull instead?
Like asking INNO for a female avatar in the next league.
I haven't found it to be useless at all. There's been a good deal of personal perspective shared, all of which provide valuable insight should inno choose to read it.
Personally I like seeing what others think and watching the dynamic unfold. Arguments are a great opportunity to see things from different perspectives.

SoggyShorts

I haven't spend anything and I am on the silver league
It's far too soon for even the whales to start spending.
There will be big spikes on days when a good daily comes up, and I would think a big push at the end.
It will be kinda neat to see which prizes are popular.

SlyLady

You just need to unlock AW tech midway thru ch 2. You don't need to have any AW yourself.

Thank you for that clarification as I know I've played KP on other players' AWs when I did not have a wonder myself. It could well have been after unlocking the tech for ancient wonders, though.

reinhardz

why can't you move to chapter 2?
I have 8 more provinces to scout and conquer. Do you think that it is ok to force a player to advance a chapter in order to fullfill a quest?
Thank you for that clarification as I know I've played KP on other players' AWs when I did not have a wonder myself. It could well have been after unlocking the tech for ancient wonders, though.
1621729287703.png

Last edited:

reinhardz

You just need to unlock AW tech midway thru ch 2. You don't need to have any AW yourself.
You are right, that was what I ment. I am still in chapter 1 with 8 provinces to scout and conquer. To advance one chapter in order to fullfill a quest I guess is a bit to much. There should be a part 'b' as many other parts of the quest have.

Enevhar Aldarion

I hate to say it, but if you have somehow finished all the chapter 1 research and only completed 2 of the 10 provinces needed to unlock chapter 2, you have majorly prioritized some things in the wrong order. Do you have those 8 provinces scouted yet, so they are ready to complete? And are you in a fellowship yet, so that they can trade you the goods you need to negotiate all those encounters?

SoggyShorts

Actually, yes. This does happen. See this discussion here. The player is frequently addressed as "M'Lord" in various parts of the game.
Lord is actually gender-neutral, so I would think that M'Lord is too.
" The appellation "lord" is primarily applied to men, while for women the appellation "lady" is used. This is no longer universal: the Lord of Mann, a title held by the Queen of the United Kingdom, and female Lords Mayor are examples of women who are styled as "Lord". "
The fact that the avatar is causing this much controversy is proof enough that it's an issue that should be addressed. Otherwise we're just going to get all the same controversy, but at a much larger scale, when it hits live servers.
A couple of over-the-top complainers does not an important controversy make IMO, but sure, if there is a ready prepped female avatar either add it or replace the bearded one for the 1% of players for whom it might actually matter.

Edit: as someone who never reads the storyline I'm curious:
Isn't the event about a sorcerer who went on a pilgrimage who is now coming home? If so, doesn't it make sense for the avatar to be of him?
note: I've not read one word of the story so that could be totally off.

Last edited: