• Dear forum reader,

To actively participate on the forum by joining discussions or starting your own threads or topics, you need a game account and to REGISTER HERE!

(Spoilers) Something rustles in the grass!

Enevhar Aldarion

I hope they take a long time for a new chapter, I barely see the first people finish the current chapter. releasing a new chapter would be a little early. even if it's "time" according to past scheduling.

I just finished chapter 19 today in my US city, including every single quest, in a little under 5 months after release to the Live worlds.

Lovec Krys

For anyone who thinks that the new chapter should be released right after they finish the previous one:
Why do you think that Inno's schedule of new chapter should be adjusted to you and not to players who have finished chapter month(s) ago or month(s) after you?

In past we had schedule of 6 months between chapters, while chapter by average took 3 months itself (so 3mths + 3 mths buffer). I see no problem if that extends to 5 months designed chapter + the same 3 months buffer for the slower ones.

Enevhar Aldarion

Inno has said before that their plan is for two chapters per year, which is every six months, which is what they have stuck to for all except two chapters. Chapter 19 was one month late being released and I think the other was chapter 14 being released two months late. That one actually was delayed so that players could catch up enough for there to be people to trade with, but they went right back to the 6-month schedule with chapter 15.

CrazyWizard

I know several players who have finished Chapter 19 or are really close to the finish.
Wondering what they should do next.
So would say it's about time again...
So just because the first batch is (about) finished we should get a new chapter? I do not think so

Inno has said before that their plan is for two chapters per year, which is every six months, which is what they have stuck to for all except two chapters. Chapter 19 was one month late being released and I think the other was chapter 14 being released two months late. That one actually was delayed so that players could catch up enough for there to be people to trade with, but they went right back to the 6-month schedule with chapter 15.

Things change over time, in the past the release rate was 4 chapter per year, but chapters where considerably shorter.
Later they changed it to 2 chapters per year. there is no reason they could slow it down to 1 -1.5 chapters per year.

It would make total sense if you look at how they design current slow pacing chapters.

Arthus

These players who already finished the chapter are not normal players.
They used time skippers, diamonds, majority of them pushed their wonders to level 35 with 50 multi-accounts before Inno made that "block" on ancient wonder points to halt other players from catching them. Realistically 2-3 more months for proper players to finish chapter 19.

Alcaro

I am about to finish ch.19, most probably tomorrow but I would not mind to see ch.20 released in July, even August. IMO, there should be more players who finished ch.19 by the time another chapter is released. What's the fun when you have (almost) nobody to trade with? Beside that, I would like to finish all upgrades and have 100 days for all my Genies who are sitting in the inventory for so long already :D

Karvest

New game feature called "cauldron".
cauldron-538ee963cb9e1df5c8b078c5edbb87f9.png
We would be able to brew potions in the new tab of MA.

Jammin

New game feature called "cauldron".
cauldron-538ee963cb9e1df5c8b078c5edbb87f9.png
We would be able to brew potions in the new tab of MA.
What potions and what do they have to do with the fact that you want to catch up on skipped techs?

Spit it out or I'll eat your flying squirrel.

Last edited:

Karvest

Amount of witch points you get weekly depends on techs you've learned.
Not sure, may be there would be more than enough of them even without skipped techs (like with FS exp, you need it very much at the beginning, but as you progress through perks it becomes less and less valuable).

Jammin

Amount of witch points you get weekly depends on techs you've learned.
Not sure, may be there would be more than enough of them even without skipped techs (like with FS exp, you need it very much at the beginning, but as you progress through perks it becomes less and less valuable).
Looking ahead in chapter 19 there is the Tree of Enlightenment, it's not bad, if you take all the optional troop expansion with you, the troop size should be 7674 units by the end of chap. 19. at lvl 35 Tree of Enlightenment with 172.5% you can harvest 13238 Rangers at the Tree every 3 hours.
If you can do that at least 5 times a day, it's 66188 Rangers, if more often it's even better. That's not bad ... so there's nothing wrong with taking these techs with you.

And what do you know about the potions?

Just so you know, I would never eat a flying squirrel.

Karvest

There would be different potion effects (which you unlock by progressing through tech tree, if they add some neat effect to the latest chapters, may be it would become a reason to start progressing through tech tree again...)
Effects can be upgraded using witch points.

Jammin

The heck with it! so Private Perks, interesting. Thank you very much ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Enevhar Aldarion

Things change over time, in the past the release rate was 4 chapter per year, but chapters where considerably shorter.
Later they changed it to 2 chapters per year. there is no reason they could slow it down to 1 -1.5 chapters per year.

Here is the list of dates for the Live releases. And yes, before the gap from chapter 11 to 12, it was between 3 and 6 months between chapters, and then the gaps between chapters from 12 to 19 have all been between 6 and 8 months. So the 6-month mark is an appropriate time to start expecting chapter 20, meaning it may get added to Beta in about 3 weeks, or it could be another 2 months. Going from 17 to 18 was only 6 months, despite ascended goods and the merchant being added, and 18 to 19 was 7 months, instead of 6, because they told of there were technical issues that delayed it. So I expect 6 months between 19 and 20, and then maybe 7 or 8 months in between 20 and 21, depending on what they still have to create and test for it.

Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile - November 25th 2021
Chapter 18 - Team Spirit - April 29th 2021
Chapter 17- Traders of Unur - October 29th 2020
Chapter 16- Embassies - April 7th 2020
Chapter 15- Elvenar - September 25th 2019
Chapter 14 - Constructs - Feb 5th 2019
Chapter 13 - Amuni - August 2nd 2018
Chapter 12 - Elementals - January 18th 2018
Chapter 11 - Halflings - May 24th 2017
Chapter 10 - Sorcerers and Dragons - Feb 9th 2017
Chapter 9 - Wood elves - October 12th 2016
Chapter 8 - Orcs and Goblins - July 6th 2016
Chapter 7 - Fairies - March 3rd 2016
Chapter 6 - Dwarves - October 4th 2015

Oh, and this list does not include the gap between release of the game and the adding of chapter 6 because that is different depending on Beta, US, German, and whichever other servers were launched with only the original 5 chapters.

CrazyWizard

Here is the list of dates for the Live releases. And yes, before the gap from chapter 11 to 12, it was between 3 and 6 months between chapters, and then the gaps between chapters from 12 to 19 have all been between 6 and 8 months. So the 6-month mark is an appropriate time to start expecting chapter 20, meaning it may get added to Beta in about 3 weeks, or it could be another 2 months. Going from 17 to 18 was only 6 months, despite ascended goods and the merchant being added, and 18 to 19 was 7 months, instead of 6, because they told of there were technical issues that delayed it. So I expect 6 months between 19 and 20, and then maybe 7 or 8 months in between 20 and 21, depending on what they still have to create and test for it.

Chapter 19 - Revenge of the Exile - November 25th 2021
Chapter 18 - Team Spirit - April 29th 2021
Chapter 17- Traders of Unur - October 29th 2020
Chapter 16- Embassies - April 7th 2020
Chapter 15- Elvenar - September 25th 2019
Chapter 14 - Constructs - Feb 5th 2019
Chapter 13 - Amuni - August 2nd 2018
Chapter 12 - Elementals - January 18th 2018
Chapter 11 - Halflings - May 24th 2017
Chapter 10 - Sorcerers and Dragons - Feb 9th 2017
Chapter 9 - Wood elves - October 12th 2016
Chapter 8 - Orcs and Goblins - July 6th 2016
Chapter 7 - Fairies - March 3rd 2016
Chapter 6 - Dwarves - October 4th 2015

Oh, and this list does not include the gap between release of the game and the adding of chapter 6 because that is different depending on Beta, US, German, and whichever other servers were launched with only the original 5 chapters.
There is a forced quote on financial stock products in my country.

Resultaten uit het verleden geven geen garantie in de toekomt (Results from the past do no guarantee the future)

I just look at how slow people get trough this chapter and do not think it makes sense if we get a new chapter on beta in the comming 1-2 months.
It's not about how much work it is to make, there is plenty time. it's more about how many potential cuatomers could use the new chapter.
Traders of unur was a pretty fast chapter.

What we also see right now is that thay are working on an amazing amount of side projects, just like there taking a break from regular development to spend time on maintenance dev time. Perks, City mover, notifications, karvest hinted a new project a few post back. they seem to be reworking the first 5 chapters to improve retention. better neighbourly help ect.

So we have a very slow chapter and we see a lot of time spend on "other development"
It would really suprise me if we see chapter 20 anytime soon.

Enevhar Aldarion

What we also see right now is that thay are working on an amazing amount of side projects, just like there taking a break from regular development to spend time on maintenance dev time. Perks, City mover, notifications, karvest hinted a new project a few post back. they seem to be reworking the first 5 chapters to improve retention. better neighbourly help ect.

So we have a very slow chapter and we see a lot of time spend on "other development"
It would really suprise me if we see chapter 20 anytime soon.

And without going back and digging up the posts, I remember one of the main data miners here saying back around the time chapter 18 was added, that pretty much everything for chapters 19 and 20 were also done and showing in the data, before Inno changed it so people could not see the new chapter info. This is probably why their hundreds of employees have the time to work on all the side stuff and improvements we have been getting.

ekarat

So just because the first batch is (about) finished we should get a new chapter? I do not think so

It would make total sense if you look at how they design current slow pacing chapters.

I agree with you on this one. The chapters have been getting longer, and they do not release a chapter until a certain threshold of people have finished the old one. From my perspective, chapter 19 is the longest yet. (Caveat: I have not been able to be on every 6 hours to turn over my creature productions, so I am being less efficient this chapter than previous chapters.) It seems reasonable to conclude that it will take a bit longer to release chapter 20.

What is less certain is whether or not this is intentional -- that chapters are being designed to take longer so that they get more time between chapter releases. So, I wouldn't care to predict how long chapter 21 will take to come out, but I do think chapter 20 will take more than the expected 6 months.

Heymrdiedier

I agree with you on this one. The chapters have been getting longer, and they do not release a chapter until a certain threshold of people have finished the old one. From my perspective, chapter 19 is the longest yet. (Caveat: I have not been able to be on every 6 hours to turn over my creature productions, so I am being less efficient this chapter than previous chapters.) It seems reasonable to conclude that it will take a bit longer to release chapter 20.

What is less certain is whether or not this is intentional -- that chapters are being designed to take longer so that they get more time between chapter releases. So, I wouldn't care to predict how long chapter 21 will take to come out, but I do think chapter 20 will take more than the expected 6 months.
Im not really sure that threshold it true.
Many of the end game players stopped advancing in tech once the new tournament/spire formulae kicked in. And they chapters kept coming anyway at the expected times. Im also not sure enough people even make it to end tech still. Some chapters are so dreading a lot of players give up on it also.